What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Diluted another batch of LS. Trying to decide what to call my method, or if there's already a name for it out there maybe... CPLS? RTLS? lol

Got a salad shooter finally. OMG how did I live without this??? What used to take me an entire day or two to shred 2lbs of soap, with resting my poor hands and arms, took me less than 5 minutes! Well worth the $28 on amazon, and the additional $15 on the presto website for different size shredders. :) wow. Amazed. Sooo, I finished another 6lbs of laundry soap in just a few minutes. I LIKE this! And I can make curly crinkly slices, and bigger shreds for embeds or confetti rebatches too. Wheeeeeee!!!!

Diluted another batch of LS. Trying to decide what to call my method, or if there's already a name for it out there maybe... CPLS? RTLS? lol

I think you should call it the grayce method. I can't wait to try it after following all your experiments! I just need to find the room to store more paste/liquid soap! I really think you are on to something that could really save a huge amount of time!

As for soapy things...I turned all my curing soaps, tested a few scraps, tried a new recipe for a conditioning bar which went completely wrong (My fault for using the wrong ingredient by accident) and ended up saving it by making it into a decent cream conditioner. Oh and of course came to the forums.

The last 2 1/2 years I have worked out of my home and shared my office with my soaping stuff. I started a new job this week outside the home so I worked on cleaning out my "office" so I can expand my soaping room to the full room now. I am very happy!

I also froze and bagged up coconut milk, coffee, and beer for some upcoming batches.

did a spoon swirl tonight and it was lotsa fun! i haven't done this technique in a long, long time. the batter was a bit thick and i was moving lightning fast, lol

Made a batch of Sweetgrass salt bars last night, today I made a batch of Attar of Rose, Sweet Grass and Red Santal all fo's from Soapalooza. So far loving them all and they all soap beautiful with no discoloration. Slight acceleration with 33% lye concentration but nothing bad. I love Soapalooza fo's. If I get ambitious later I will make a batch of Big Sur

I am gearing up to make a small batch of soap. It will be my second beer soap, but it will be the first one I make with chamomile. I'm hoping the chamomile will add something to the scent without taking over where the beer left off.

Edit: I just finished making it and it's cooling in the fridge now. I just have to wait it out until I can cut it.

Last edited:
Throughout the day I found myself checking in on my unscented bastille soap I made yesterday...and smelling it. Why, whyyyy? *sigh* I don't know. Eventually I ever so gently managed to slide it out of my mold. I look forward to cutting it tomorrow morning...and speaking of, I better go clean my knife, just to be ready. :)

Also, I made a couple of more molds (foamboard is my friend), one for half sized bars and the other for tall ones. Yay! :D

Last edited:
I just put my hubby's experimental shaving soap to bed for the night. It's my regular shave soap formula, but was made with 90% NaOH and 10% KOH instead of 100% NaOH. Scented it with Salty Sailor from Daystar.

IrishLass :)

i feel like soaping with aloe vera tonight. just saw some big, fat ones, ready to be picked..

I just attended my first CP workshop today and it was so much fun ! Now I just need to wait for it to harden and cure for the next month ! I am really excited about it and I wonder how do other soapers actually wait out ! I am really hooked to it and I can't wait !

I just attended my first CP workshop today and it was so much fun ! Now I just need to wait for it to harden and cure for the next month ! I am really excited about it and I wonder how do other soapers actually wait out ! I am really hooked to it and I can't wait !

Hi Summerfly and welcome! I know what you mean about the wait. But there is something that makes is easier- Just make more soap!! :)

did the aloe vera soap. like my last lavender batch, i decided to spoon swirled it. it's going to be a while till i can see it cut since i was using full water due to a new fragrance.

i recently moved countries, and left most of my soaps in storage (i made sure they were all safe). it's been about 10 days, and i miss my soaps. i have such a small batch with me, and b/c of settling in, i don't have imminent plans on making more soap (for now.....). definitely withdrawal!

I just finished pouring the second take of the sage and lemongrass impressionist soap from the BB blog. It was the third soap I ever made. I was moderately successful, but my first batch set up too fast, so it only had half the effect and half plopped. Lol Three months and over 100 batches later, it was very gratifying to redo it perfectly. :D

I made a salt bar with rose clay and scented with grapefruit and peppermint.

Also made one of my favorite soap recipes with BB's kumquat and colored it with neon yellow and oranges. It was suppose to be an attempt at a hidden feather but it didn't take long to mess that up. It will be interesting to see how it turns out. :)

Back