What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Made some simple MP soaps with my 13 yo son. He had so much fun. I think he might have broken every single soap rule out there but these are for us to use and we enjoyed time together. He was so proud of himself :) and I had to scrape soap from every inch of our kitchen island. Will do this again. ImageUploadedBySoap Making1393019237.139055.jpg

Just got a mini loaf silicone mold in the mail and my body butter molds. So exited. Gonna try my hand at a salt bar tonight in the mini loaf pan

I bought some avocado oil, formulated recipe with 20% avocado oil and will try and make it today. Avocado oil is quite expensive here (around $10 for 250mls) so I hope my recipe will work out well. :) I just need to decide on FO since soap might take on green tinge I might choose herbal FO. I got few verbena type FOs from WSP so I might give them a go.
I also made some MP embeds for black raspberry and vanilla and might make that one tomorrow.

I cleaned up the kitchen and celebrated by making my shampoo bar! :D I wasn't able to incorporate the sodium lactate because my cat is using the box as a bed. I'm such a pushover. XD I did do a water discount, and it looks like it's starting to gel (thanks to the honey), so I hope that'll help it harden up more than the last soft oil soap I made.

I also took my pringles can and prepped it to be a mold. I'm considering making the veggie of my two breakfast bar ideas in it today. We'll see if I do.

I also finished unmolding the stars I was having trouble with last night, and cut the smaller of the two loaves. Pictures to come in the appropriate thread!

Last edited:
I really want to try some salt bars this weekend but I have only loaf molds. It takes forever to get supplies in! Are you sure these cant be cut into bars? May try Love spell. Been wanting to make that. I bought some goat milk which is in the freezer as we speak.

Cleaned up my kitchen and started getting ready for my next batch. Thinking about doing a nice bath soap. Huummm. What to do.

Broke my brain on the super fat thread!

I really want to try some salt bars this weekend but I have only loaf molds. It takes forever to get supplies in! Are you sure these cant be cut into bars? May try Love spell. Been wanting to make that. I bought some goat milk which is in the freezer as we speak.

They can be, but you have to keep a good eye on them. They can go from "too soft to cut" over to "too hard to cut" fairly quickly so you need to be on the ball. Make it first thing in the morning on a day when you'll be there all the time and it shouldn't be an issue at all.

Just watch them like a hawk!

Last edited by a moderator:
just unmolded my yellow partial tiger stripe that was scented with lemongrass... yuummmm...
tonight i'm gonna make a mini batch of charcoal salt bar, just for myself. gonna use it for a facial soap. i'm thinking some tea tree, and a dash of lavender to scent it.

I decided to pass on the salt bars. Too many ifs without the right mold. So I ended up with my first milk soap. I did not add fragrance since I was not sure how it would act. I tried the choc/ patchouli mix. And love spell from NG for the first time.

made my charcoal salt bars. scented with tea tree and lavender, with pink himalayan salt. the pink salt on top looks cute with the black color. i also swapped some water with aloe vera and coconut milk. as usual, i was using my round cavity molds as i wasn't sure i can cut at the right time if using a loaf mold.

2 down. 3 to go. i am so behiiiiiiinnnddd finishing orders :(

Wanted to "practice" another milk soap before taking a stab at a goats milk with WSP OMH so I made a milk soap with some left over vanilla EO and FO mixed together. It was a batch I didn't mind if it failed cause I was just testing out methods. Looks nice though!

stalking the mail box waiting for my ticket from the mail lady so I can pick up my supplies from the post office!!!!! I know its there! BAH!!! I'm also waiting for my tooth soap to harden/cure. I keep zap testing it and yesterday it was still very zappy. *sigh* I want to use it NOW! ( I will wait because I really don't want to use it that bad that I am willing to chemically burn my mouth out)

Back