What soapy thing have you done today?

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

TashaBird

Supporting Member
Reaction score
@TashaBird, problem? I don't see no problem.

(because if I did, then many of us on SMF would have a "problem.") 😜
When OCD becomes a super power! 😂
@maryloucb Thank you! My DH made my shelves. But, I do loved how dialed in it feels lately! Now if only it wasn’t freezing down here! (No offense to folks for which they are actually freezing.)

violets2217

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had a sample of OT’s Passionfruit Tropicals, so used the whole bottle. The remainder was OT’s Satsuma Guava, and, to lighten and round out the fruitiness a little, NG’s Vanilla Champagne.
Looks beautiful... and I’m wishing I could smell it! Sounds wonderful!

TashaBird

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is that moonshine in the Mason Jar? :nodding:

Goodness, that is a nice setup.
I wish! I did back to back 4 pull throughs in a row today. First time I’ve done that, and it was a lot!! If I’d been SUI it would not have gone well, at all!
Edit: It’s aloe juice. Not exciting. 😆

I see only problem-solving. If I had this set up, I would basically live in it.
I’m super grateful! I lost my work of 30 years due to covid. My DH helped me make this space in the garage, and I can just lose myself in there. Having this soap studio makes me feel really lucky. There’s a utility sink too! I’ll be spending most of the day at that tomorrow. 😆 not glamorous.

Last edited:

Zany_in_CO

Saponifier
Reaction score
There’s a utility sink too! I’ll be spending most of the day at that tomorrow. 😆 not glamorous.
Um, ya want glamor? Slip on your heels. If you've ever seen movies of homemakers back in the 50's, they did dishes while wearing a house dress and heels -- like in Father Knows Best and Leave it to Beaver. (Really dating myself here, aren't I. :rolleyes: )

The_Phoenix

Reaction score
Made carrot soap using @Zany_in_CO’s carrot tissue oil recipe. Also added carrot juice and some rice water. I’m loving the addition of rice water! This is only the second time I did not use a colorant in a soap. Choosing a scent took some thought. Used a combination of BB’s Cocoa Butter Cashmere and NG’s Pumpkin Apple Butter.

Attachments

msunnerstood

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I spent the afternoon trying to find Sodium Coco Sulfate. I sold all but one of my shampoo bars and I had planned ahead and placed an order 5 days ago. I found out today my SOS order wont even ship until next week. 10 days just to ship?? I cant find it semi reasonably anywhere else. :mad:

TashaBird

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Um, ya want glamor? Slip on your heels. If you've ever seen movies of homemakers back in the 50's, they did dishes while wearing a house dress and heels -- like in Father Knows Best and Leave it to Beaver. (Really dating myself here, aren't I. :rolleyes: )
It’s hard to top this glamour! 😆

Attachments

Last edited:

KiwiMoose

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I spent the afternoon trying to find Sodium Coco Sulfate. I sold all but one of my shampoo bars and I had planned ahead and placed an order 5 days ago. I found out today my SOS order wont even ship until next week. 10 days just to ship?? I cant find it semi reasonably anywhere else. :mad:
I just had my Foaming Apple arrive all the way from the USA last week - and it only took two weeks to get here! Shampoo bars on the agenda for this arvo...