What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interestingly, WSP mailed the rest of my order on December 5th and it'll be here tomorrow. UPS ground. It moved so efficiently through the system.
I ordered from Nature's Garden for the first time last month and was shocked how quickly there UPS Ground was. I ordered it on 11/16 and it was delivered on 11/19. It was the cheapest and I couldn't afford anything quicker. I'm glad I didn't waste my money!

Well, you better not come to live in South Florida! LOL
Hahahaha... Yeah. MN summers get over 100° with high humidity because of all the lakes, and I hate it.

Ok, so I ordered from Bb, NG, and WSP on the same day. Paid for faster shipping from Bb and WSP, and UPS ground for NG. NG is scheduled to arrive this weekend, possibly before the other two. I'm still not sure how I feel about this.

Hahahaha... Yeah. MN summers get over 100° with high humidity because of all the lakes, and I hate it.

Ok, so I ordered from Bb, NG, and WSP on the same day. Paid for faster shipping from Bb and WSP, and UPS ground for NG. NG is scheduled to arrive this weekend, possibly before the other two. I'm still not sure how I feel about this.
NG - Nature’s Garden ships fast as does Nurture Soap. I personally wouldn’t pay for faster shipping at WSP or BB, they are too far away from me, & I would just be annoyed when .I wouldn’t get the package any quicker.

Aack! Couldn’t wait. I thought the loaf was hardened, but it was still too soft. But by the time I realized it was too soft it was already on the cutter, so 🤷🏻‍♀️. They’re not quite what I wanted, but I love them!
I’ll wait to cut the other two.
They look awesome' 🧼💫💞

NG - Nature’s Garden ships fast as does Nurture Soap. I personally wouldn’t pay for faster shipping at WSP or BB, they are too far away from me, & I would just be annoyed when .I wouldn’t get the package any quicker.
I was all ready to place order w/
ok this batch was much better, tweaked the colors a bit and left out the SL

View attachment 52294
View attachment 52295
love it' really pretty. 💞🧼

I tried my hand at making ombre soap this week. It may be one of my favorite techniques! (I think I say that every time I try something new!)

View attachment 52300View attachment 52302
Beautiful and exceptional top! I also think every new technique is my fave.

My soapy day was historic in that I made my first sale!! A friend bought a dozen of my soaps. She paid with a check, otherwise I'd frame the dollar bill. :) I threw in a complimentary lotion bar -- you know the drill, give her a free hit and get her hooked and make her pay for more.... Nice to hear that she considers using my soap as a treat in her day. Really, I'm not bragging or humblebragging but using homemade soap after using commercial bars is indeed a treat.

I tried a free pour tiger swirl. Twice. The soap the yt'er made had stripes that were rounder. Mine are so blocky. I cannot figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Attachments

• 20201210_210751.jpg
    20201210_210751.jpg
    167.3 KB · Views: 28
What the heck!?!?!?! Where's you snow and cold temps? My son swore he saw snow flakes in his cold breath outside last night!!! Not really...but he did think it was cold enough to snow in central Florida last night. BTW... I work the front desk in a hotel and check everyone's ID's left and right...I I think Kentucky's Driver's License are the most beautiful & serene license ever. Every time I see one I imagine horses galloping through the field... Anyways, enjoy the weather!!!
I spent 20 years in Oklawaha and Tavares before going to coastal FL! We moved here from Atlantic Beach, FL in '07 and the first few years I thought I would literally die from being so cold! The licenses are quite pretty, but I have to pay attention because they expire after only 4 years, I swear my FL one was good for 20! LOL!! I hope it warms up for you soon!

I spent 20 years in Oklawaha and Tavares before going to coastal FL! We moved here from Atlantic Beach, FL in '07 and the first few years I thought I would literally die from being so cold! The licenses are quite pretty, but I have to pay attention because they expire after only 4 years, I swear my FL one was good for 20! LOL!! I hope it warms up for you soon!
You said you moved “here” from Atlantic Beach, Florida. Where is here? I am in Port St Lucie (just south of Fort Pierce and north of Stuart).

Well, I am sorting through soap and supplies as I clear off the spare bed we are taking over to the house for my son. A good incentive to get this done. I already cleared off & moved the spare coffee table downstairs so it can go. Just a bit more to go before I'm ready to help Hubby carry it down the stairs.

Then I asked my husband, when are we going to rent the truck to move the stuff (from storage, the garage & a dryer a co-worker promised him) and he said, 'I don't know,' as if we had not already agreed we'd be doing that today. Maybe I should have reminded him yesterday so he'd be ready to do this today.

I suppose we could do it tomorrow instead, since it's not really going to take a lot of time. I just wanted to get this done today because we both tend to put things off and we only have today and tomorrow to do this because those are his days off work and I am leaving on Wednesday morning at the latest; maybe even Tuesday night if he irritates me too much.

Oh, well, I'll remind him later that when we return on Christmas that if we don't have a bed in that house with sheets & all, that son will be sleeping in our house until such time as one is there in the house. That ought to get him motivated!

I love your tiger swirls! The one on the left is fantastic!!
i think they look great. :thumbs:

Thank you both!

Still waiting on my package from NS.

On the 9th (estimated date of arrival) the package showed as being in Oakland, CA.

Today, the package is magically back in Indiana.

The kind woman at NS is hopeful but I feel pretty sure I'm not as confident. LOL.

Feel so sorry for my poor little lost package!

My soaping misadventures have continued. I started off on making a hidden feather soap. I made one last year and wanted to make some changes to the feather color. Trouble is, I used a different (untried) soap recipe and new (untried) EOs. Patchouli was the new one. Basically everything I know better than to do. Sigh. As soon as I added the EOs into the main batter it accelerated like crazy. I never had that happen. I took out the dividers and just plopped the soap into the mold. It was so stiff that I created a scooped out channel and poured the rest of the batter to make the feather. Even the extra batter had a tragedy going into the oven. I was too flustered at that point. I think I’m just going to call this the 2020 series of soaps. 🙄
49F2767A-645E-4633-A883-FB0EFAAE6351.jpeg51D93552-5B8C-4C9A-91FF-78001168800E.jpeg
C125DBBA-ACEC-4053-99FC-B7591814D1DE.jpeg

Just as a comparison, here’s my hidden feather soap from last year.
90EE6131-88EF-40AB-9C51-B0633FDC74A9.jpeg

I'm going to start using this name when things don't go as planned -- "2020"! LOL. Seriously, @Martha, you didn't get the soap you planned (and last year's secret feather was truly beautiful) -- but you got a soap with a pretty color combination, a nice design, with a rustic/homemade look.
Thanks @Zing . I appreciate the support. I'm not going to sweat it. It didn't turn out how I planned, but it's not terrible. Non-soapy people won't really know/care. My 2020 soaps will still actually be great soaps to use, they just don't look how I wanted them to. I think I need to be more humble for a while and make nice, basic soaps with recipes I've already used.

Back