What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only soapy thing that I have done today was read the forums LOL. I had totally planned on making soap tonight after work. Been home for an hour and a half now and it is so cold I can't get motivated. I just turned on the heat.

So I know that a lot of you have it waay worse then we have it in Florida right now LMBO, but once you live down here it's different. Don't get me wrong, my house is set to 68 year round. It is 65 in here right now, and I don't know if you have seen them on the news...I'm like the iguanas that fall out of the trees when they get too cold. I have been stuck in my chair with two shirts and a hooded sweatshirt on since I got home from work.

I went out to smoke at work earlier, and grabbed a blanket from the blanket warmer to go out with. And that sounds like a good idea right now. I might stick my throw blanket in the dryer for a bit to warm up. I am really THAT cold. Its like chilled-to-the-bone cold.

The only soapy thing that I have done today was read the forums LOL. I had totally planned on making soap tonight after work. Been home for an hour and a half now and it is so cold I can't get motivated. I just turned on the heat.

So I know that a lot of you have it waay worse then we have it in Florida right now LMBO, but once you live down here it's different. Don't get me wrong, my house is set to 68 year round. It is 65 in here right now, and I don't know if you have seen them on the news...I'm like the iguanas that fall out of the trees when they get too cold. I have been stuck in my chair with two shirts and a hooded sweatshirt on since I got home from work.

I went out to smoke at work earlier, and grabbed a blanket from the blanket warmer to go out with. And that sounds like a good idea right now. I might stick my throw blanket in the dryer for a bit to warm up. I am really THAT cold. Its like chilled-to-the-bone cold.
Minnesotan here- I'm sure you've got high humidity to go with your 65°, which is going to make the cold much, much more impactful. I'm sure you're in bed by now, but a hot beverage (preferably with carbohydrates) can help with the bone-cold problem, and putting all the clothing you plan on wearing into the dryer for a few minutes can help, too. There's a reason almost everyone up here drinks tea or coffee at least seasonally, and why we love our layers. :)

Today the plan is to do dishes. I worked on rainbow embeds a couple of days ago and then the loaf to put them in. Used six loaf molds for the embeds, another for the full soap, six small mixing containers, four large, half a dozen or so spatulas...so as you can imagine, my entire sink is overflowing with dishes at this point. Hopefully I can get all of the dishes done AND make a lemon bar soap...but I don't know if I'm going to go that crazy at this point

ok this batch was much better, tweaked the colors a bit and left out the SL

130468306_2539980769634471_985218211061014774_n.jpg

neon2.jpg

Aack! Couldn’t wait. I thought the loaf was hardened, but it was still too soft. But by the time I realized it was too soft it was already on the cutter, so 🤷🏻‍♀️. They’re not quite what I wanted, but I love them!
I’ll wait to cut the other two.
Gorgeous

HaHa. I totally understand. I have had the heat on for 2 days now. When I left for work this morning, it was 42F. Yikes! We just aren't used to this kind of weather.

So now UPS has no idea where my package is and it is presumed lost, though they won't start an investigation until NS requests it.
Lesson learned, next time i'll just pay to upgrade to UPS ground.

I assume I'm never going to see that package and at best I just hope to get a refund of some sort. What a mess.

Minnesotan here- I'm sure you've got high humidity to go with your 65°, which is going to make the cold much, much more impactful. I'm sure you're in bed by now, but a hot beverage (preferably with carbohydrates) can help with the bone-cold problem, and putting all the clothing you plan on wearing into the dryer for a few minutes can help, too. There's a reason almost everyone up here drinks tea or coffee at least seasonally, and why we love our layers. :)
Actually our humidity is way down right now - which still makes it cold for me and I am slightly north of @Catscankim. We are definitely cold.

Wait, do I understand correctly, @Catscankim and @linne1gi that 65 F is "bone chilling"?! Thanks for the chuckle for the day! You are welcome to visit Minnesota anytime (oh, wait, forgot about COVID there for a sec) and experience below 0 temps for days on end. There are days where it warms up to minus 10 and feels so much better than minus 20. Just kidding, I know weather perception is regional. My son is in college in Birmingham, Alabama. Recently they had a few snowflakes and there was a run on bread in stores!! We would call that "Tuesday."

Wait, do I understand correctly, @Catscankim and @linne1gi that 65 F is "bone chilling"?! Thanks for the chuckle for the day! You are welcome to visit Minnesota anytime (oh, wait, forgot about COVID there for a sec) and experience below 0 temps for days on end. There are days where it warms up to minus 10 and feels so much better than minus 20. Just kidding, I know weather perception is regional. My son is in college in Birmingham, Alabama. Recently they had a few snowflakes and there was a run on bread in stores!! We would call that "Tuesday."
Chuckle, you have to remember it's in the high 90's here, 10+ months out of the year!

I assume I'm never going to see that package and at best I just hope to get a refund of some sort. What a mess.
I wouldn't assume that... I ordered elastic from Walmart at the beginning of the pandemic and it got lost and was "in transit" for a couple weeks. About a month after messaging the seller and they cancel my order and credit my card... I receive my elastic. And its another mess of logistics because they wouldn't just charge my card again and asked me to send it back. I didn't want to send it back. I needed it to make masks for my friends and family!

Been home for an hour and a half now and it is so cold I can't get motivated. I just turned on the heat.
I've been in central Florida for about 6 years now. I think my body has finally adjusted to the local climate! I'm just about as motivated as you...All I managed on my day off was laundry (just so I could have some fresh warm pj pants and hoodies) and made the kids and I some Hot chocolate bombs! Although it was 43 degrees last night...the dog wouldn't even go out! She took one step off the porch and promptly turned right back around and nosed the door until I opened it!

Last edited:
Trading is so great!
After I'd posted about my trading I wondered what the prices of walnuts are elsewhere. Where I buy them they keep their high price - 16,00 € for a kilogram. I was rather proud of my trading ability :) This year my Christmas "potica" will cost me very little cause the walnuts are paid with soap he-he!

Last edited:
74 in Western Kentucky in December!!!🥰)
What the heck!?!?!?! Where's you snow and cold temps? My son swore he saw snow flakes in his cold breath outside last night!!! Not really...but he did think it was cold enough to snow in central Florida last night. BTW... I work the front desk in a hotel and check everyone's ID's left and right...I I think Kentucky's Driver's License are the most beautiful & serene license ever. Every time I see one I imagine horses galloping through the field... Anyways, enjoy the weather!!!

I wouldn't assume that... I ordered elastic from Walmart at the beginning of the pandemic and it got lost and was "in transit" for a couple weeks. About a month after messaging the seller and they cancel my order and credit my card... I receive my elastic. And its another mess of logistics because they wouldn't just charge my card again and asked me to send it back. I didn't want to send it back. I needed it to make masks for my friends and family!
From your lips to gods ear!
Its a bummer because I had ordered a pound of a discontinued scent that my sister loves. And glitter pumps!

But thankfully my moms friend group won't meet until January so she doesn't need the extra 20 holiday soaps right away (she can use the ones for her friends as gifts and I can probably just give her normal non holiday soaps for january).

Interestingly, WSP mailed the rest of my order on December 5th and it'll be here tomorrow. UPS ground. It moved so efficiently through the system.

LOL, you all are so brave. I consider anything below 75 to be sweater weather.

So, I ordered from NS recently and it has been an unmitigated disaster.

The shipment was supposed to arrive last Friday, not just the Friday that passed, but before that, it was supposed to arrive like November 27th. Nothing.

After not arriving on the 27th, I kept checking the UPS site which said it was "In Transit" and to check back later for a delivery date. On December 1st I called to see what was going on, and was told that it had been delivered to the post office and would be here on the 3rd. Nothing.

Called back on the 3rd and was told that actually it is on the back of a truck heading to Illinois. Bear in mind that in what, like a week it had not even made it from Indiana to Illinois. Now actually it'll be here on the 9th. Which sucks because had they just told me that initially I would have been annoyed but gotten over it because weather or whatever.

I sit here, on the 9th, waiting patiently for a package that I am sure will not arrive by 9pm (in the next 40 minutes).

Nurture Soap uses UPS Sure Post, which is the least expensive shipping option they seem to offer. USPS delivers the last mile, but this is not on them because they don't even have the package yet.

I ordered from WSP AFTER I ordered from NS, and I got that shipment on December 4th. WSP ships from about the same area, I believe, BUT they use UPS Ground service, which is more expensive but seems like a more reliable service. Brambleberry also uses UPS Ground and I have never had a problem with the delivery date being off.

anyways, long story short, I hope you have better luck than I do. I have to place another order with NS, but now at least I'll know that there is a good chance it'll be here.....maybe......sometime.
Wow! I hate shipping issues. I expect the next few weeks to be pretty crazy. Hope you get your thing soon. Mine arrived on time, and so far I haven’t had any issues with them, knock on wood!
I left town and didn’t even open the box. I’m excited knowing it’s there for me when I get back this weekend!
This may be the first Black Friday sale I’ve ever shopped.

Back