Used honey in my CP soap for the first time yesterday and it...did not go as planned lol. I used honey powder instead of actual honey. I dumped it into my lye/almond milk mixture and stirred for a while, but it never fully dissolved of course. When I poured my batter, there were a ton of little orange honey chunks, but I decided just to go with it and see what happens. Well...this is what happens! I think these are either 1) pockets of undissolved honey that melted after pouring, 2) lye pockets and oil, or 3) both lye pockets and honey pockets! I have a feeling this batch is getting tossed, but I'm going to let it sit on the shelf for a while just for science.
49.9 KB Views: 32