What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My lotion bar molds FINALLY came yesterday! Yay! I have to make sure I under fill them a bit to fit my tins.
And, I keep checking my NS tracking for my Black Friday order. I don’t usually Black Friday, but when I do it’s for 95 sample sizes!!! SO exciting!!! AND I’ve got a couple new pull through plates!

Last couple of Days ive been busy Researching & Soaping' made this Round Shaped Soap' trying out different widths this one is 3" I'm thinking just a little to big. I wanted to post a picture of Gelled'd Soap to Non-Gelled Soap so our newbies can see the difference in how much the color differs from each process. Round Shaped Soap Gelled, Heart Shape Non-Gelled Soap. (Thx Carolyn Love My Mold ) ❤😉🧼💫. I used NS "smell the rainbow" no acceleration, rising or color change behaved perfect. colors are NS "neon purple, neon blue, full throttle: Crafts Source/Amazon- coral pink. all colors behaved perfect. View attachment 52226
I actually had to show my DH this to explain to him how, by turning off my heated bucket, he’s responsible for my whimsical phalluses turning hyper realistic.

Just getting ready to pipe my as of yet unnamed spring soap. I wasn't kidding when I said hot sugar water makes colors really vibrant in HP soap. My ocean blue base is very very bright. Ill post pics after the cut.

Ok here is the finished piping. Still have to work on my spacing

spring.jpg

and can I just say how much I love Mad Mica's? Its always an experience opening their packages.

Last edited:
Just getting ready to pipe my as of yet unnamed spring soap. I wasn't kidding when I said hot sugar water makes colors really vibrant in HP soap. My ocean blue base is very very bright. Ill post pics after the cut.

Ok here is the finished piping. Still have to work on my spacing

View attachment 52247

and can I just say how much I love Mad Mica's? Its always an experience opening their packages.
We are on a similar trajectory today!

Question: can I OP my loaves in a couple hours after my pipping has stiffened and been applied? I always feel I have to rush to get them into the oven.

Cut my 5,403 failed attempt at slanted layer soap. LOL. But you can bet your bottom dollar I will try for the 5,404th time in a week or so.

I also tried making a tiger swirl soap, but I don't expect anything good to come of it since I think the batter may have been too thin :(
I relate to your journey, I tried to pour a soap with a cross in it yesterday and when I cut it today it looks like a uterus 😫

My spring inspired soap didn’t quite go as planned. I was all prepped and ready. Froze my 3/4” column molds, but no matter what I did I could NOT get them out! It was a frustrating disaster stress mess. The 1” column molds slid out no problem, easy peasy. I don’t know what the difference could be.
My embeds were hardening, and I was running out of time before I had an appointment elsewhere.
So, I grabbed some white sparkly soap dough that needed using. Mooshed some yellow mica straight into it. (That was a first!) Then rolled them into tubes for my suns. 🤷🏻‍♀️
Hoping they cut nice. I could really use a win. The pic is the disaster tubes, and some 2 day old yellow soap dough that was still too soft.

Attachments

• 2358C225-A42C-4C27-85D1-11DEE47012D4.jpeg
    2358C225-A42C-4C27-85D1-11DEE47012D4.jpeg
    169.4 KB · Views: 29
Question: can I OP my loaves in a couple hours after my pipping has stiffened and been applied? I always feel I have to rush to get them into the oven.

Yes, you can. I once made a soap that partially gelled and looked awful after the cut. Someone on here told me to put it back in the mold and OP it. It worked! So I think there's no rush to get it in the oven.

Bored at work.... watching soap making YouTube videos! I Dream of Soap is my new hero!

This video is insane! She’s a genius!!!
Yes, you can. I once made a soap that partially gelled and looked awful after the cut. Someone on here told me to put it back in the mold and OP it. It worked! So I think there's no rush to get it in the oven.
Thank you. I had to just go for it, didn’t really have much choice.

I really need to work on my piping skills.

Used honey in my CP soap for the first time yesterday and it...did not go as planned lol. I used honey powder instead of actual honey. I dumped it into my lye/almond milk mixture and stirred for a while, but it never fully dissolved of course. When I poured my batter, there were a ton of little orange honey chunks, but I decided just to go with it and see what happens. Well...this is what happens! I think these are either 1) pockets of undissolved honey that melted after pouring, 2) lye pockets and oil, or 3) both lye pockets and honey pockets! I have a feeling this batch is getting tossed, but I'm going to let it sit on the shelf for a while just for science.

Attachments

• IMG_2549(1).jpg
    IMG_2549(1).jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 34
Well that didnt go as planned. Checked on my neon soap this morning and it was hard. popped it out of the mold and could barely cut it. Its only been less than 12 hours. had the bevel the snot out of it to smooth out the edges and no red showed up even though i equally split the colors. Lost two bars because of the crumblies.

hopefully i can polish them smooth
130986343_399788174597638_4536802558424782633_n.jpg

I used honey in my CP soap for the first time yesterday and it...did not go as planned lol. I used honey powder instead of actual honey. I dumped it into my lye/almond milk mixture and stirred for a while, but it never fully dissolved of course. When I poured my batter, there were a ton of little orange honey chunks, but I decided just to go with it and see what happens. Well...this is what happens! I think these are either 1) pockets of undissolved honey that melted after pouring, 2) lye pockets and oil, or 3) both lye pockets and honey pockets! I have a feeling this batch is getting tossed, but I'm going to let it sit on the shelf for a while just for science.

I know the feeling! I used a puree for the first time in a cold process soap over the weekend. Everything seemed like it was going well. The bars are just way too soft. I am thinking that I may not have adjusted right for the water content. Anyway Best of luck with your next try!

I placed orders for bath whip ingredients. I found an M&P I would have wanted for marshmallow soap, but it was sold out. Which is probably for the best, I'm really running low on space for crafting ingredients. I re-injured my shoulder last week, so I'm hoping it will have healed enough by this weekend to make more bath bombs. Also ordering some EOs for making a Thieves blend, and some to use in Face Balm (not the same EOs, mostly!)

I placed orders for bath whip ingredients. I found an M&P I would have wanted for marshmallow soap, but it was sold out. Which is probably for the best, I'm really running low on space for crafting ingredients. I re-injured my shoulder last week, so I'm hoping it will have healed enough by this weekend to make more bath bombs. Also ordering some EOs for making a Thieves blend, and some to use in Face Balm (not the same EOs, mostly!)
I use Uncle Harry’s brand EO blend Four Thieves in a balm and hand sanitizer. They’re a great company!
Also:

Attachments

• F02FD1DA-E47F-4265-B169-529AE39834BF.jpeg
    F02FD1DA-E47F-4265-B169-529AE39834BF.jpeg
    87.5 KB · Views: 28
Cut my 5,403 failed attempt at slanted layer soap. LOL. But you can bet your bottom dollar I will try for the 5,404th time in a week or so.

I also tried making a tiger swirl soap, but I don't expect anything good to come of it since I think the batter may have been too thin :(
I think your soap is pretty, having said that' us soapers dont give up! 🤗🧼💫

We are on a similar trajectory today!

I just watched a few videos on Cupcakes & piping' in two of the videos they both mentioned to not " OP" piped CC heat is not our friend' fridge is best!. Id just pipped and had my CC sitting on a heating pad' lol. I removed it & luckily it didn't effect my CupCakes Pipping.

My 2nd ever cold process soap is in the mold and..put to bed I guess you call it lol. With my usual HP I just pour it, smack it down and leave it on the table for the night so this is all new to me.

View attachment 52255
Beautiful Soap' Love your vibrant colors. 💞❤️

Last edited:
Back