What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I seem to be making soap so rarely these days. However, because of local pandemic directives, our market was cancelled for everyone but food vendors. I won't get into all of the confusion and anger THAT caused; it gave me an unplanned day off and I took the opportunity to make a batch of "Queen of the Nile" soap, which is basically Oatmeal, Milk & Honey soap. It moves fast so I was prepared for that so all went well. I decided to keep the name "Queen of the Nile" and make it look "royal" with Aztec Gold mica. I also made enough to fill 12 of these cavity molds, bees because.... honey! I may decide to brush some mica on the bars as well, just for presentation, perhaps on the honeycomb bits.

View attachment 52220 View attachment 52219
Fancy soap -- can't wait to see the cut!
Regarding the market, SOAPERS WHO MAKE SOAP SO THAT PEOPLE CAN WASH THEIR HANDS AND LOTIONS AND POTIONS SO SKIN STAYS HEALTHY should be front and center. Not that I'm confused or angry. #TeamMisschief

Fancy soap -- can't wait to see the cut!
Regarding the market, SOAPERS WHO MAKE SOAP SO THAT PEOPLE CAN WASH THEIR HANDS AND LOTIONS AND POTIONS SO SKIN STAYS HEALTHY should be front and center. Not that I'm confused or angry. #TeamMisschief
LOL... preaching to the choir, brother. The crazy thing is, our Chief Medical Officer, Dr. Bonnie Henry, wrote a book. Know what the title is? "Soap, Water & Common Sense". It's about pandemics. Ironic or what?

Oh, and the cut is nothing fancy. The top is the only fancy part. ;)

Today I unmolded molds that held leftover batter. I had all these Pepperidge Farm Milano cookie containers and my soapy eyes saw another use for them. It's hard to see in the photo but I like the little recycling triangle symbol on the bottom! I usually use yogurt cups for leftovers but they require a lot of banging and smacking and these just popped right out (so probably wouldn't satisfy you, @Dawni ;) ).
View attachment 52210View attachment 52211
Those are tooooo cute!!!!

I did another soapy thing today and made a large batch of lotion bars. 1/3 each of kukui nut oil, beeswax, and shea butter. Mrs. Zing and I discovered kukui nut oil when we went to Hawai'i awhile back to celebrate 25 years together (I'm the lucky one). This Scandinavian white boy gets sunburned easily and the kukui nut oil is miraculous on skin. I have used it in cold process soap but given its expense, I've reserved it for lotion bars instead.
Mrs. Zing found a bargain online for my favorite lotion bar tins -- from Denmark! -- and we have a case of 250 tins to use up! LOL!

Last edited:
ok here is my first cp soap. It's for the founder of the missing persons org I volunteer for. Love her but she's fussy: color but not too much color, barely-there scent (I used 1%) hand-sized lol. All good because I wasn't about to get all fancy my first time.

Monicas soap.jpg

And just for you @Zing, the cut of the Queen of the Nile soap, scented with Oatmeal, Milk, and Honey and made with colloidal oatmeal, buttermilk powder, and local honey. The loaf is a little shorter than my usual loaves but I made the bars a little thicker than my usual bars to keep the same weight. I brushed the bars with a bit of gold mica and sprinkled with a wee bit of glitter.

20201207_080151.jpg 20201207_080303.jpg

Last couple of Days ive been busy Researching & Soaping' made this Round Shaped Soap' trying out different widths this one is 3" I'm thinking just a little to big. I wanted to post a picture of Gelled'd Soap to Non-Gelled Soap so our newbies can see the difference in how much the color differs from each process. Round Shaped Soap Gelled, Heart Shape Non-Gelled Soap. (Thx Carolyn Love My Mold ) ❤😉🧼💫. I used NS "smell the rainbow" no acceleration, rising or color change behaved perfect. colors are NS "neon purple, neon blue, full throttle: Crafts Source/Amazon- coral pink. all colors behaved perfect.
A6688571-AA2B-48BB-8722-CF230B8EC2A2.jpeg

Attachments

• 2BAED571-8DAB-479C-90E5-49034F96D534.jpeg
    2BAED571-8DAB-479C-90E5-49034F96D534.jpeg
    205.7 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Prepped for what I hope will be a spring time soap.
Great Idea' this year Christmas Came fast when it comes to soap having to be ready. So I'm gonna fellow your lead & think Soaping For Spring Time. 😉💞🧼

Oooh...I’m looking forward to seeing them. ♥
Me too looking forward to your pretty soap painted art.

Great Idea' this year Christmas Came fast when it comes to soap having to be ready. So I'm gonna fellow your lead & think Soaping For Spring Time. 😉💞🧼
I had some supply issues and some family issues so I haven’t made as much as I’d like to in the last month. Starting to think about spring and Valentine’s Day made me feel better.

Made more rice purée to make another rice soap; this time it'll be a Triple Rice à la Dawni. This time it'll be with Forbidden Rice, which although it starts out black, probably will turn out to be brown soap. If I add DB FO, perhaps it will be blackish in the end; or at least a deep gorgeous burnished brown. We shall see. I was going to make the soap after Hubby went to bed last night, but got entrenched in something else. So perhaps I'll make it after he leaves for work, or if I am too tired (after all I haven't slept yet), I'll make it when I get up in the morning.

I continue to check on my order from WSP, which I placed a few days ago. So far, it hasn't shipped, as far as I can tell, but sometimes it arrives before I ever get a shipping notice, so I remain optimistic.

Latest posts

Back