Quantcast

What soapy thing have you done today?

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

Jersey Girl

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Soap supply reorganization! 🤸‍♀️🤸‍♀️🤸‍♀️

DH just completed some remodeling to move the washer and dryer out of a large closet in the kitchen, and into our mudroom. It's so nice to have a real laundry room that doesn't interfere with kitchen activities! The bonus is that the former laundry closet makes a fantastic pantry, which this house was lacking. We found some stainless racks that fit perfectly into the empty hole below the existing shelving.

It's not done yet; you can see one shelf bracket sitting by the cookbooks, and he will patch the sheetrock behind the center shelf sometime next week. But so far, even with all of our food stores, I was able to devote almost the entire rack on the left to my soaping oils and bath bomb supplies (some of which were previously in the spare bedroom closet - not convenient). The big empty spaces in the center rack area are reserved for the grandkid snacks that will be re-stocked before they arrive for Christmas. 🥰 I already have their favorite mac-n-cheese cups, cereal, oatmeal cups, and veggie pouches, but need to get at least one Costco container of peanut butter pretzels, some veggie straws, and assorted other items that they love. 😁

I'm already scheming how to get the rest of my soaping supplies and tools in there, except for the fragrances, which will remain in a closed dark cabinet in another area. The molds, lye, mixing bowls, etc., are currently in a living room cabinet, which will be going away when the custom bookcase units arrive in about 4 weeks.

Gotta say, something about reorganizing makes me so happy. 😁
View attachment 52106
Oh....what I could do with that space! 😍

Peachy Clean Soap

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I received my sealer today now I can wrap my soap w/ a new label design. Today I made soap scented it w/ Winter Wonderland FO it smells wonderful hints of Christmas Tree w/ a hinge of cool peppermint & a little sweet is the best I can describe it. no acceleration, ricing or separation I was able to pipe the top as well. Hope it all turns out, I put it in the cupboard on top of a heating pad on low once the soap was heated up I turned off the heating pad hope it turns out & looks good, what I have in my mindset can turn out to be completely different. I was hoping to have it ready for Christmas gifts but I'm a little behind my time frame. Ugh.
I'm happy to report my soap turned out nice' Thank God! lol here's a picture.

Attachments

Last edited:

Peachy Clean Soap

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally got a 3rd 5 gallon bucket of tallow from my regular source. It was not rotten. But, it was definitely trim fat, not leaf fat, which I’ve now learned the difference between. In cold temps it is still soft, it’s much more yellow. But, it doesn‘t smell, and that’s good. It’s really been quite the fiasco! I now am currently using 3 brands, for 3 different products. Anyway, I wasn’t sure how this new tallow would soap. Would it be yellow, would it be soft?... And, since I’m out of my %100 bars, of which I have several loyal customers, I made a big triple batch. I waited a bit longer than normal, certain it would be soft. Well, I BARELY got through the cutting without breaking my wire cutter! I definitely have to cut it sooner next time. The bars are hard, and they definitely whitened up. So, yay. Now I can try it with more complex designs and see what happens.
Hoping my lotion bar molds and tins come today. WS is so slow! And, they put my silver tins on back order to 12/31 without anything but notice in the email shipping notification. Grrrr. Hoping I don’t hate the rose gold tins.
And, I “formulated” my first customization of my base facial mist I bought and I like it a lot! I maybe added more rosehipseed extract than I’d like, but I didn’t have time to test a small amount. They’ll get labels today and hopefully posted with my face oil to my site later. Whew!
Looks really pretty. 🧼💫

I just poured the base for hot chocolate soap. Tomorrow I will pipe it with frosting and place my soap dough marshmallows.
I may try to pipe my soap the next day opposed to doing it all at once, do you ever have an issue w /pipped soap not sticking?.

Catscankim

Supporting Member
Reaction score
just poured what is supposed to be a gradient/ombre soap. While I am sure it will be SOME type of gradient...I lost track of my pouring so who knows how it will turn out. Hopefully when I cut it, it will be an OOooooo moment.

Since it is still early (for me anyways), I might do another loaf. I dunno. I just started drinking beer so it may or may not turn out so well. Sometimes I get more creative while drinking LOL.

TashaBird

Supporting Member
Reaction score
just poured what is supposed to be a gradient/ombre soap. While I am sure it will be SOME type of gradient...I lost track of my pouring so who knows how it will turn out. Hopefully when I cut it, it will be an OOooooo moment.

Since it is still early (for me anyways), I might do another loaf. I dunno. I just started drinking beer so it may or may not turn out so well. Sometimes I get more creative while drinking LOL.
I always forget something when SUI. (Soaping under the influence. 😆)

The Park Bench

Park Bench Naturals
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This discolor may turn out to work in your favor. Sorta looks like camouflage with the tan in the white. You could market it that way. :nodding:

Me, Im dividing up my mega tallow cube into buckets. No one was home when it arrived and I cant lift 50 lbs with my back so I rolled it into the house. 😅
I was SO glad that one of my sons was home when mine arrived yesterday!!!!!! 50# is a bit too heavy for me too!

Dawni

Reaction score
Dawni, I used to hand letter my soap labels, too. It was so time-intensive! And I'd get hand cramps on top of already existing discomfort from arthritis AND Dupeytren's. I had to switch to printed labels just to preserve my hands. But mine never looked as good as yours.
Thanks hihihi.. But I couldn't do it this time. My hand has been killing me since before the flood, and got worse (I really should get this checked) so it's been hard to do many things. Sister said could be nerves. So I wrote out a whole sheet of labels on blank paper, had it scanned and printed onto kraft paper. Can't tell much difference I think lol
IMG_20201206_115530.jpg

I’ll pm you a photo if you want.🤣
Me!!

For scientific purposes yknow... What's realistic for you guys may look like fantasy for me ROFL 🤣

Jersey Girl

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im making my very first loaf of CP soap for a dear friend who prefers the texture over HP and im terrified lol. cross your fingers for me.
I feel the same way about HP! 😂. I’m sure it turned out great!

Made a Sea Salt & Driftwood goat milk soap from a FO I got from @cmzaha destash. Wow! I love it! I hope it sticks around as this is a beautiful scent.
7202E7A4-24C0-4F13-A9F0-DE973192E5F8.jpeg

Basil

Supporting Member
Reaction score