Quantcast

What soapy thing have you done today?

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

Dawni

Reaction score
Started prepping to label a bulk order for lotion balms again. By hand. 65 pieces.

Dies

I think I might have bitten off more than I can chew with this whole hand writing thing lol but as long as I'm not rushing I enjoy doing it.

Christmas boxes I posted here some weeks back are almost sold out! So awesome. So now I have to label those too. Lol

Maybe I can get someone to make me a font instead. Dawni's font? Dawn to Earth font?Eh?
IMG_20201202_021433.jpg

Louise Taylor

Reaction score
Started prepping to label a bulk order for lotion balms again. By hand. 65 pieces.

Dies

I think I might have bitten off more than I can chew with this whole hand writing thing lol but as long as I'm not rushing I enjoy doing it.

Christmas boxes I posted here some weeks back are almost sold out! So awesome. So now I have to label those too. Lol

Maybe I can get someone to make me a font instead. Dawni's font? Dawn to Earth font?Eh?
Wow. That is a work of love 💕.

Louise Taylor

Reaction score
I made one of my regular soaps today to be ready for after Christmas when people no longer want my Christmas themed soaps.
BUT, the most important thing I completed today was my website. It took forever and I am still a little nervous about going live. I switched off maintenance mode and just sat staring for a few minutes. Just hope it is good enough #fingerscrossed

Zany_in_CO

Saponifier
Reaction score
BUT, the most important thing I completed today was my website. It took forever and I am still a little nervous about going live. I switched off maintenance mode and just sat staring for a few minutes. Just hope it is good enough #fingerscrossed
This post is no good (pas bien) without a link to your website. :smallshrug:

Louise Taylor

Reaction score
This post is no good (pas bien) without a link to your website. :smallshrug:
I didn’t think that was allowed here. Well, here is my link, admin can remove the post if it is considered inappropriate:)

Catscankim

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn’t think that was allowed here. Well, here is my link, admin can remove the post if it is considered inappropriate:)
Love the site. Very pretty. Hope it does well for you

AliOop

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Not soap, but I made a new batch of my face oil yesterday. It’s a formula I’ve been working on for years. I haven’t made it in awhile because the initial investment is a bit high. But, one of my customers is such a huge fan that she pre paid for 6 bottles, and with the addition of that I was able to get what I needed. I did tons of research and got even better quality ingredients at better prices. Same formula, but with different sourced ingredients, and it’s crazy how different it is! It’s so super good!!! I really excited about it!!!
And, it didn’t feel right to try and make it on my old janky countertop. My new stainless steel felt clean and much more professional.
It was such a big investment, and I wanted it to turn out really well that I was super nervous. But, all the planning paid off.
Anyway, not soap, back to soap today!
Love to hear how supportive your DH and your friends are of your efforts, and how committed you are to sanitary practices! Your new countertop looks fantastic, and the oil sounds dreamy. Well done!

Catscankim

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Having fun with my new planer. What a difference it makes. Allowing myself a learning curve.

so far i have tried it out on different ages of soap. When is the best time to plane soap? It seems easiest when its more fresh...mine is a few days old. But i get more blade drag marks. And a lot of gunk in the blade that i have to keep cleaning out.

I hate yt tuts sometimes. They make it look like its unmold, cut, plane and bevel all in one day without mention of a time frame lol

GemstonePony

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I imagine it's fine in this case. You're not asking us to purchase from it (soliciting), and you're not drawing attention to it over and over (spamming). You're just posting it to satisfy our curiosity. It really is a beautiful website, I can see a lot of work went into it.

Louise Taylor

Reaction score
I imagine it's fine in this case. You're not asking us to purchase from it (soliciting), and you're not drawing attention to it over and over (spamming). You're just posting it to satisfy our curiosity. It really is a beautiful website, I can see a lot of work went into it.
Thank you. Yes, it was a lot of work :)

violets2217

Reaction score
Finally got to try out my new stick blender! And I lined my mold with the thin cutting mats. We’ll see how much it leaked, I didn’t tape it or anything. I let my son pick out the colors to go with the white and black. He did pretty good. I did a pot swirl on bottom and the the line swirling thing on top... I forget what it’s called, but it’s sooo funn! Now I have an hour to go clean up before I need to leave to pick up my walmart grocery order!
F3458CAC-056E-41B5-A5E5-3F82146E4AA9.jpeg

Catscankim

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Dies

View attachment 52075
Your writing is so pretty. And nice and straight. I have nice handwriting, but by the end of this, it would all be diagonal lol.

Dont know any font makers, but i would buy this one.

AliOop

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I agree, @Louise Taylor's site does look really nice!

Poured my first Pine Tar soap after procrastinating out of fear by labeling every bar of soap that I have poured over the past 2 months! AND come to find out, my 20% Pine Tar batter behaved beautifully!🤣🤪
Procrastination can serve some useful purposes, can't it? Back in grad school, my house was never as clean and organized as it was when I needed to be studying for some big exam. I suddenly became uber faithful about exercising, too. :nodding:

Mobjack Bay

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The site looks great. I think you did an especially nice job with the “ethics” and “natural” pages and in a way that will build trust with your customers.

Peachy Clean Soap

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congratulations & Cheers 🥂' Beautiful website' its captured my attention, then I viewed your lovey soap, beautiful & well done. UK has such ridged guidelines when it comes to soaping! let me just say i'm so glad USA doesn't enforce the same standards. I'm going to go take another look @ your beautiful website. 💞🧼

sarahmarah

Reaction score
I’ve been dying to make a batch of soap scented with Sweater Weather from Muddy Soap Co. This is the cut and I’m a little bummed out about the discoloration as it wasn’t listed with the product at all. I’ve never had such weird discoloration before...pinks, purples and general weirdness. This is also the first batch that I used a small amount sodium citrate to as a chelator. So hopefully I’ll notice less soap scum and that would be a definite silver lining.
I’m kind of annoyed that I can’t leave a review on the Muddy Soap Co site so that others know the potential of this happening. I hate when suppliers don’t support review functions.
I’m just going to enjoy the colors before this potentially turns tan. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Attachments

Zany_in_CO

Saponifier
Reaction score
Well, here is my link,
10 10 10.gif

AliOop

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Soap supply reorganization! 🤸‍♀️🤸‍♀️🤸‍♀️

DH just completed some remodeling to move the washer and dryer out of a large closet in the kitchen, and into our mudroom. It's so nice to have a real laundry room that doesn't interfere with kitchen activities! The bonus is that the former laundry closet makes a fantastic pantry, which this house was lacking. We found some stainless racks that fit perfectly into the empty hole below the existing shelving.

It's not done yet; you can see one shelf bracket sitting by the cookbooks, and he will patch the sheetrock behind the center shelf sometime next week. But so far, even with all of our food stores, I was able to devote almost the entire rack on the left to my soaping oils and bath bomb supplies (some of which were previously in the spare bedroom closet - not convenient). The big empty spaces in the center rack area are reserved for the grandkid snacks that will be re-stocked before they arrive for Christmas. 🥰 I already have their favorite mac-n-cheese cups, cereal, oatmeal cups, and veggie pouches, but need to get at least one Costco container of peanut butter pretzels, some veggie straws, and assorted other items that they love. 😁

I'm already scheming how to get the rest of my soaping supplies and tools in there, except for the fragrances, which will remain in a closed dark cabinet in another area. The molds, lye, mixing bowls, etc., are currently in a living room cabinet, which will be going away when the custom bookcase units arrive in about 4 weeks.

Gotta say, something about reorganizing makes me so happy. 😁
IMG_1113.JPG