Quantcast

What soapy thing have you done today?

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

Peachy Clean Soap

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did the SMF Nov Challenge today, and let's just say, it was a good learning experience! Thankfully, I got to have fun with the leftover batter to make a nice loaf with multi-colored soap balls inside (made from shreds), and pretty swirls on top. Scented with Volcano type from California Candle Supplies. No discoloration, ricing, or acceleration and very strong at 3.5%. Also used some dehydrator sheets to make a reusable mold liner. I stink at lining with freezer paper! View attachment 51918

View attachment 51917
I haven't heard of dehydrator sheets' where can I find it Id like to use it' I'm tired of making liners for each loaf. Your soap is beautiful.

I haven't made soap in a few Days' waiting for Lye Delivery. Ive spent my time yesterday enjoying my Soap Delivery From "cmzaha" which came in over night! Yay, Thx🤗👍🏼💫. All is well I was able to make Pumpkin Pies' which I wouldn't of if I had lye lol 🤣💫. Happy Thanksgiving To Everyone In USA 🇺🇸 🤗🍂

AliOop

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I haven't heard of dehydrator sheets' where can I find it Id like to use it' I'm tired of making liners for each loaf. Your soap is beautiful.
These are my favorite ones; they are a little pricier than others, but their surface is completely smooth. Some of the less expensive ones have a bit of a woven texture to them, which is not ugly, but not always what I want on the sides and bottom of my soaps.

These are very easy to crease and cut as needed to fit your mold. I lightly tape the side pieces to the mold. Some people also tape all the seams together, but I'm too lazy for that. Very little soap leaks between the seams, and it is easy to clean up.

After you unmold the soap, just wipe these down, and they are ready to use the next time. Easy-peasy!

ETA: these ones are larger and less expensive, but they do have the slight "weave" texture to them.

Last edited:

Catscankim

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Impatiently waiting to cut last nights loaf. I did a layered pour with a pencil line of rose clay.

The fragrance is Empress by NS. It is supposed to discolor to a medium tan, so i tried to counter that a bit with some TD. I am thinking that i should have left it alone because i just took a peek and it is bright yellow ☹

I have nothing to do tonight, so i think i am going to be dominating the forum for a few hours LOL

linne1gi

Reaction score
Impatiently waiting to cut last nights loaf. I did a layered pour with a pencil line of rose clay.

The fragrance is Empress by NS. It is supposed to discolor to a medium tan, so i tried to counter that a bit with some TD. I am thinking that i should have left it alone because i just took a peek and it is bright yellow ☹

I have nothing to do tonight, so i think i am going to be dominating the forum for a few hours LOL
Have you tried Comfort and Joy? From Nurture Soap? I want to use it tomorrow and I am hoping it won’t discolor.

AliOop

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score

Since you have time, you need to visit our homemade vanilla stabilizer thread. 😁

Peachy Clean Soap

Supporting Member
Reaction score
These are my favorite ones; they are a little pricier than others, but their surface is completely smooth. Some of the less expensive ones have a bit of a woven texture to them, which is not ugly, but not always what I want on the sides and bottom of my soaps.

These are very easy to crease and cut as needed to fit your mold. I lightly tape the side pieces to the mold. Some people also tape all the seams together, but I'm too lazy for that. Very little soap leaks between the seams, and it is easy to clean up.

After you unmold the soap, just wipe these down, and they are ready to use the next time. Easy-peasy!

ETA: these ones are larger and less expensive, but they do have the slight "weave" texture to them.
Thx so much' I'll be ordering them. cant wait to have them going to be so much easier in the long run, I love a smooth sides & bottom too, I cant achieve this w/ parchment paper. 💫

violets2217

Reaction score
Also used some dehydrator sheets to make a reusable mold liner. I stink at lining with freezer paper!
I bet you get some crisp edges too! Sometimes when I line with freezer paper I do not pay enough attention and the paper is not all the way in the corners and one edge of my soap is rounded! This seems like a wonderful solution all around!

msunnerstood

Reaction score
Do all color morphs like that turn back in a few days? Just curious because I had a bright red mica turn a orange-ish tan and I'm hoping it turns back to some semblance of red... :oops::confused:
Not all colors, but greens are notorious for morphing. Some blues too. Reds is a hard color to stay true in soap. The closest ive gotten is trial by fire by NS.

Mobjack Bay

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Trial by Fire is working for me as well. And, so far, no bleeding. I’ve had trouble getting pale blues unless the base is white white. My palm base and also any yellow-ish FOs push my cool pale blues towards aqua or mint.

Latest posts