Quantcast

What soapy thing have you done today?

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

Zany_in_CO

Saponifier
Reaction score
That's so cool, Zany! I wonder if it would soften my hooves the bottoms of my feet, particularly my rough heels.
Good question! I could use a tester... if you're up for the job, PM me. :)
If I don't make Kalamata olive bread, which I love, these will last us a good long time. Probably even if I do make the bread.
Drool. 🥴
Hot chocolate bombs! Inside the chocolate balls are marshmallows and hot cocoa mix. Just plop them into a mug of hot milk and watch them explode! Lol not really explode, but still fun to watch!
Oh my. Double drool! 🥴🥴

Zany_in_CO

Saponifier
Reaction score
What is their shipping like?
Well, it depends. If you order just 1 gallon (7-8 lb) of an oil, shipping runs about $17. Best to order more than one oil to get the best shipping.

Date Ordered: Friday, September 4, 2020

COCONUT OIL 76, 7 LBS $13.58 12¢ /oz.
POMACE OLIVE OIL, 7 LBS $16.03 15¢ /oz
PKO, 8 LBS $18.64 15¢ /oz.
RICE BRAN OIL, 7 LBS $12.46 11¢ /oz

SUB TOTAL 60.71
SHIPPING & PROCESSING 24.29

TOTAL $85.00

msunnerstood

Reaction score
Well, it depends. If you order just 1 gallon (7-8 lb) of an oil, shipping runs about $17. Best to order more than one oil to get the best shipping.

Date Ordered: Friday, September 4, 2020

COCONUT OIL 76, 7 LBS $13.58 12¢ /oz.
POMACE OLIVE OIL, 7 LBS $16.03 15¢ /oz
PKO, 8 LBS $18.64 15¢ /oz.
RICE BRAN OIL, 7 LBS $12.46 11¢ /oz

SUB TOTAL 60.71
SHIPPING & PROCESSING 24.29

TOTAL $85.00
I just priced a 50 lb block of tallow and even with shipping, it's much cheaper per pound than I've found anywhere else. Also the cheepest grapeseed oil.

Misschief

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wasn't going to be making any more soap for this year because of cure time. My last market is on Dec. 13 and that's too short a cure time for new batches. However, this morning I got a FB note asking if I make Pine Tar soap; I explained about cure time and that it likely wouldn't be ready for Chrismas. She kindly said she'd still like some for her brother and it would be great as a birthday gift rather than a Christmas gift. His birthday is at the end of January. I have it all prepped; I'm just waiting to hear back from her as to what kind of fragrance her brother wants.

I can't believe how excited I am to be making soap again. (It's only been 5 weeks since the last batch.)

Mobjack Bay

Supporting Member
Reaction score
A couple of soaping friends put me in a happy mood today. The result was this citrus basil soap. Had to throw some pink in just because. I did a thin line pour down the side wall (plus lines of extra batter on top), swirled through from the top to the bottom, and I’m planning to cut like a slab mold. I’m crossing my fingers that it works out as planned.
0A5B72E9-66E1-41CA-AC15-0D206AC22451.jpeg

violets2217

Reaction score
A couple of soaping friends put me in a happy mood today. The result was this citrus basil soap. Had to throw some pink in just because. I did a thin line pour down the side wall (plus lines of extra batter on top), swirled through from the top to the bottom, and I’m planning to cut like a slab mold. I’m crossing my fingers that it works out as planned.
View attachment 51756
LOVE the colors! Not sure why but pink and orange together is my fav combo and always makes me smile! Definitely bright and cheery! Can't wait to see it cut!!?!!

The Park Bench

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Today I just measured ingredients for a pipe swirl I wanna try on my day off. On a non-soap note ... before work I’m experimenting with hot chocolate bombs to make for my neighbors Christmas baskets this year! The kids and co-worker
I wasn't going to be making any more soap for this year because of cure time. My last market is on Dec. 13 and that's too short a cure time for new batches. However, this morning I got a FB note asking if I make Pine Tar soap; I explained about cure time and that it likely wouldn't be ready for Chrismas. She kindly said she'd still like some for her brother and it would be great as a birthday gift rather than a Christmas gift. His birthday is at the end of January. I have it all prepped; I'm just waiting to hear back from her as to what kind of fragrance her brother wants.

I can't believe how excited I am to be making soap again. (It's only been 5 weeks since the last batch.)
Pine tar soap is on my short list of must make soon soaps! I've yet to try my hand at it but get a lot of requests.

Misschief

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pine tar soap is on my short list of must make soon soaps! I've yet to try my hand at it but get a lot of requests.
I wasn't going to make it this year but I know that every time I have it in stock, it does sell so I didn't mind the request. It won't go to waste, that's for sure. And it's a head start on next year's soaps. Win, Win.

msunnerstood

Reaction score
I'm so weirded out right now. I finished pouring my soap at 230 this afternoon, went to my mom's, and came back at 7 to a loaf of soap pulled away from the sides of the loaf mold. I literally just grabbed the soap from the mold and not a centimeter was still stuck to it. I cut it and it cut just fine. I'm so confused. Same HP recipe as always, same water amount. Has to be the fo maybe? I can usually unmold at 12 hours but never, ever at 5 hours. 🤔

Mobjack Bay

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm so weirded out right now. I finished pouring my soap at 230 this afternoon, went to my mom's, and came back at 7 to a loaf of soap pulled away from the sides of the loaf mold. I literally just grabbed the soap from the mold and not a centimeter was still stuck to it. I cut it and it cut just fine. I'm so confused. Same HP recipe as always, same water amount. Has to be the fo maybe? I can usually unmold at 12 hours but never, ever at 5 hours. 🤔
I had that happen once for CP and was sure it was due to the FO. I cut the soap at the 7 hr mark and it was already quite hard.

CatahoulaBubble

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I printed a million and a half labels and labeled and wrapped soap but it's taking me forever because I've somehow injured my wrist. Apparently just moving at my age causes injury. I was reaching for my tea and somehow my wrist went "POP" and now I can't use it very well. So I'm stuck not making soap for a bit or at least not my normal sized batches because I can't use my left wrist to hold anything more than a few ounces and I sure can't pour a bucket of soap with it. Argh!

msunnerstood

Reaction score
I printed a million and a half labels and labeled and wrapped soap but it's taking me forever because I've somehow injured my wrist. Apparently just moving at my age causes injury. I was reaching for my tea and somehow my wrist went "POP" and now I can't use it very well. So I'm stuck not making soap for a bit or at least not my normal sized batches because I can't use my left wrist to hold anything more than a few ounces and I sure can't pour a bucket of soap with it. Argh!
I feel you. I leaned over to turn off a space heater and landed in the ER unable to stand up when i threw my back off. Hope your wrist feels better soon.

The_Phoenix

Reaction score
We had an emergency kitchen repair that has turned into a full-on kitchen remodel (guess that's not a HORRIBLE problem to have). My soaping (and miscellani) area ist kaputt. (that's about the only German I know) Since everything is all over the place, it's too much of a hassle to do anything. Guess I could break out my sewing machine . :D

The_Phoenix

Reaction score
Today I just measured ingredients for a pipe swirl I wanna try on my day off. On a non-soap note ... before work I’m experimenting with hot chocolate bombs to make for my neighbors Christmas baskets this year! The kids and co-workers are enjoying them! They’re also very fun to make! LolView attachment 51740
I want to give these a go. They look pretty straight-forward. And they look like fun to make!

The Park Bench

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I too am working on putting labels on the hundreds of soap bars and shapes I poured earlier. I'm experimenting, but seem to be having success getting my labels to stick to the soap by just wetting the label and putting it straight on the soap!😍. I left a few such labeled bars outside overnight on my porch with it raining. The labels are still stuck tight this morning! I just don't know if they will survive the hot humid summer weather like this. If so, this is a complete Game changer in my labeling!
I can also relate to pain slowing down the soap making process. I have rheumatoid arthritis and some days I'm lucky to be able to hold on to my toothbrush. I pour soap on my good days!

Peachy Clean Soap

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I made a Peppermint Soap w/ EO Peppermint from Natural Oils Growers Group ( Amazon) & Winter Wonderland FO from NS both behaved wonderful. I used confetti for base then solid Color for top half in a beautiful color turquoise from NS. I added TD to heated oils I saw on a video' it seamed to mix evenly w/ a smoother texture, I seam to have an issue with TD totally dissolving even when premixed. cant wait to cut it tomorrow. 🧼💫👍🏼
It's A Soap Thing' They Don't Understand... 🤗🧼

Attachments

Latest posts