What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My burnt honey one smells like maple syrup lol.

Not sure how the inside is gonna turn out, I kinda made it up as i went along, but the top looks pretty lol.

And one of my pet peeves is bowed out loaves, so this is how i deal with it when the soap is higher than the mold. Usually i tie a string around the middle to hold it all in. Coupla few minutes to set up a bit, then cpop. I might like the ash on this one, so im not gonna cover it.

Smell is abalone and sea.
I love the top design & color very pretty! Oh what ever works to hold them sides in place, I so get it! 🤗🧼👍🏼

Today I made a batch of HP Gingerbread Soap, I needed to use the ginger EO that Id used a couple days ago in a CP soap' I was so disappointed it had a lite ginger scent & thought Id make a HP soap to test to see if theirs a difference in scent between the two methods? so far it smells similar to my other HP Gingerbread soap, I used the same amount of EO in both batches, tomorrow I'll have a better idea after I cut it. Picture is soap going through the volcano stage in pot which is a good thing, but you gotta watch it close.
( Don't Walk Away For Even A Second )
Up-date. oil is not as the first time I bought it' though it smells better than the CP soap' it doesn't smell the same from old batch 4 months ago. UGH at least I know.now. 💫😉

Attachments

• 17620CA7-FCC8-4F39-9749-CFA035B4DB97.jpeg
    17620CA7-FCC8-4F39-9749-CFA035B4DB97.jpeg
    158.5 KB · Views: 26
Love your website! Clean, crisp, very attractive, classy, user-friendly and all together very well done!
View attachment 51696
Wishing you success and prosperity on your new venture! :thumbs:
Thank you so much for the kind words. It means a lot to hear that. We worked hard on it and I’m excited about it. ♥️

Cut my soap from last night. Smell is Abalone and Sea. Supposed to be a gradient soap. Not bad overall. But not what i envisioned lol.

I made a batch tonight that the fo riced up instantly. It was a split pour, so after the first half riced up and sb like crazy (while now also accelerating like crazy), i poured and then had to prepare myself for the fo in the second half, which i already had the sb ready in the batter waiting, already burped. I managed to pour pretty thin...walked away to smoke, came back and it was already too set up to swirl the top.

This fo is bamboo from crafters choice. It smells awesome. Will not use it again, except the rest of the bottle. This was a simple lard CO OO recipe, which is awesome to work with normally, and just an easy 2 color pour. It shouldnt have been this hard lol. Glad i didnt plan anything too crazy.

Anyway, the pic is last nights soap, somewhat fail gradient pour. I like it except the corner that is too dark

Attachments

• F7748442-297F-4350-B4DF-7E682972DADF.jpeg
    F7748442-297F-4350-B4DF-7E682972DADF.jpeg
    73.4 KB · Views: 32
Still waiting on my replacement tallow. Been trying to wet render some of the yuck stuff, it’s a PIA, and it’s not working great.
In the mean time, got packaged all of what i do have available. This was quite the production! Hopefully I have them all posted to my website by today.
Also, my first essential oil order from Liberty Naturals came and I’m so excited! I make a really amazing face oil, but haven’t had funds to make a new batch for awhile. One of my customers who loves it so much, insisted I let her preorder some. So, now I get to make a big batch! Yay!
Also, my friend gave me some molds, she wants to commission some bridal shower soaps. But, they’re quite detailed and x rated, so I probably shouldn’t post them here. They should be fun.

Attachments

• 7AB3AF91-E420-4780-8F76-7E901E6B92DB.jpeg
    7AB3AF91-E420-4780-8F76-7E901E6B92DB.jpeg
    156.8 KB · Views: 16
  • 951C4A47-54A9-4E65-AAAE-E249BDF0FBEC.jpeg
    951C4A47-54A9-4E65-AAAE-E249BDF0FBEC.jpeg
    168.5 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Made two batches. One was Butterfly Orchid and the other was Raw Sugar and Mint. Pic is the Butterfly Orchid.
Both batches cut. Top is the Butterfly Orchid, below is Raw Sugar and Mint.

Attachments

• IMG_20201120_103406569.jpg
    IMG_20201120_103406569.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_20201120_103243419.jpg
    IMG_20201120_103243419.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 28
Nothing soapy for me today, I'm just anxiously waiting for my work day to end so that I can start my 10 day vacation. I do have some soapy nonsense planned. I was going to do a Christmas Market next weekend, but due to the virus risk I have decided not to put my customers, my family or myself at risk. I am still going to make the B&B items (lotions and scrubs) that I had planned to take to the market and I will just do an online FB event for my customers to have access to them. Not quite the same as being able to see and smell the items in person, but so much safer for everyone. I have one soap in planning stages that after I'm done making B&B I will take that on (and share pictures here of course). It's got some fancy piping and MP embeds going on top, so these always require more time for me to do.

Also planning to do another batch of llama soap - I did a custom batch for a customer in August and had a lot of my customers interested in them. But question... what should llama soap smell like? I just got NG's Pearberry FO and I'm leaning towards it.

what should llama soap smell like? I just got NG's Pearberry FO and I'm leaning towards it.
YOO HOO @cmzaha ??? That's the only person on here that I know who can answer your question. If I answered it, I'd probably say it smells like spit... every time I see a llama on TV they seem to like doing that. 😄

I was going to do a Christmas Market next weekend, but due to the virus risk I have decided not to put my customers, my family or myself at risk.
You are absolutely making the right call and am glad to hear it! This South Dakotan-raised boy is so concerned about my S.D. friends and family. Who woulda thought that SD would make national news daily? I'm also concerned about all the soapers on here in COVID hotspots and the small business people hit hard by the COVID economy. Yikes-kers.

I have a soapy story for today. Earlier this year when we remodeled our kitchen (some may remember a year ago we bought a house with no kitchen), our electrician went to the basement and saw all my curing soaps. He got super excited because he and his wife like homemade soaps. So I gave him a few bars. Well, last night he called and said he was out of soap! So he popped by today for a few more bars and wanted to buy them but I just gave them away, no charge. He said that I should start selling and he'd be a customer for life! Which was an ego boost after a grueling 10 hour work day (can't see quitting my day job or having time to sell soap, LOL).

Have a good weekend, people, and stay safe.

I have a soapy story for today. Earlier this year when we remodeled our kitchen (some may remember a year ago we bought a house with no kitchen), our electrician went to the basement and saw all my curing soaps. He got super excited because he and his wife like homemade soaps. So I gave him a few bars. Well, last night he called and said he was out of soap! So he popped by today for a few more bars and wanted to buy them but I just gave them away, no charge. He said that I should start selling and he'd be a customer for life! Which was an ego boost after a grueling 10 hour work day (can't see quitting my day job or having time to sell soap, LOL).

Have a good weekend, people, and stay safe.
Doesn't that feel amazing? Congrats!

He said that I should start selling and he'd be a customer for life!
...and so it begins. ;) :thumbs:

I made Dutch (type) Beldi Green Soap today. A bit of a challenge but it's a learning experience at this point. I'm planning on making "authentic" Moroccan Black Beldi Soap as soon as my Moroccan Purple Beldi Olives arrive next Sunday. They sound so good I hope I don't eat 'em all before I soap 'em.

ETA: It did a terrific job cleaning my white Formica counter and sinks! I'm pleased. :nodding:

Nothing really soapy today

EXCEPT i got my order of FOs from nurture soap today. I have no olive oil, and since i dont normally shop at walmart, i didnt realize they all close early now lol. Apparently for the last 6 or 8 months lol. So have no OO to soap with.

I received all of my NS fo tonight. Plus i bought some clays.

Anyway. OMG Bourbon Street FO OOB smells phenomenal. Its indescribable. Its like...sultry sexy bar with a hot guy. I am addicted to it. Cant pinpoint this smell.

I got a few other new ones, like Empress. I think thats a sexy girl smell. And Rosemary mint....gonna do a nice charcoal one with that.

Plus some regular orders...cucumber melon, afternoon tea, and black rasberry vanilla.

Freakin forgot more Earth Meets sky. Im so mad at me for forgetting to order that.

@ Zing & forum Makes me think of my story: I have Jehovah Witnesses couple that comes to visit though I'm not Jehovah Witness always enjoy talking to them, during one of our visit I'd mentioned i'm a soaper' gave them a bar of Gingerbread. They came back to buy a few more Bars' I gave them more soap' couldn't take their money' but the lady said "my mother made soap & your soap was like hers"! Awww loved hearing that'. Its such a uplifting boost' cause in my minds eye' my soap is never good enough. Happy Soaping Friends 💫🧼🤗

Received my first order from Liberty naturals. It was shipped timely. They had great prices. The packaging is all biodegradable, and actually perfect for me to reuse for shipping soap!
I got the base and EOs to make my face oil, which I’ve been out of for awhile. I’ve got die hard customers that love it.
And, the huge batch of soaps I posted on my website two days ago are more than half gone. Yay!
I almost want to keep them all, but I love thinking of them making my friends happy.

Attachments

• 942EBF0F-F2FE-463E-BF15-61CB587603C6.jpeg
    942EBF0F-F2FE-463E-BF15-61CB587603C6.jpeg
    171.5 KB · Views: 15
  • 02A52F69-9D0F-498D-A511-98790C484D89.jpeg
    02A52F69-9D0F-498D-A511-98790C484D89.jpeg
    179.8 KB · Views: 11
  • 87F1B75C-BA9F-4DBD-8630-FD6FD1765AB2.jpeg
    87F1B75C-BA9F-4DBD-8630-FD6FD1765AB2.jpeg
    179.3 KB · Views: 9
Today I just measured ingredients for a pipe swirl I wanna try on my day off. On a non-soap note ... before work I’m experimenting with hot chocolate bombs to make for my neighbors Christmas baskets this year! The kids and co-workers are enjoying them! They’re also very fun to make! Lol70E0D486-4FAB-4C6F-A620-A0620E78476D.jpeg

Last edited:
Back