What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was supposed to be making a simple soap to test some new colors. I was having a crappy day and it was therapeutic to lose myself in the process. Tested my new extruder embeds, and practiced piping.
I have GOT to make myself wait for the piping! No definition at all.
Was supposed to be a silver, gold, and green ITPS.
And I was supposed to add plain batter to the gold mica, because my batter is kind of yellow.
then add some white mica before adding batter to my silver and green. Instead I accidentally added the plain batter (no white) to my green. So it’s sadly a bit brownish now, due to the yellow batter.
its in the oven now. I’m so glad I started oven processing! I used to use heating pad.CP is way easier!
It’ll be fun to cut!
Can't wait to see it, it's gonna be great! :nodding:

Cut my Wizard of Oz Dorothy soap. Happy with it!!

Attachments

• 782D5C93-F591-43AF-B323-7AAA39EEDE34.jpeg
    782D5C93-F591-43AF-B323-7AAA39EEDE34.jpeg
    211.9 KB · Views: 32
  • ADB28D44-15D2-4E59-B132-96F5D5AFAA9D.jpeg
    ADB28D44-15D2-4E59-B132-96F5D5AFAA9D.jpeg
    212.3 KB · Views: 33
I got my sodium gluconate today!
And I'm going to try it out first on a dish soap... Now to figure out the calculations.

I also stamped the rest of the Christmas soaps.
IMG_20201029_235703.jpg

You can see the trio behind the yellow ones on the right side.. I'm just waiting on the handcrafted boxes then I'll be releasing them as a limited edition bundle. Excited for that!

Cut and beveled my latest soap. A HP soap I made with 4 wild butters: Ucuuba Butter, Murumuru Butter, Cupuacu Butter and Bacari Butter. I really loved making this - and I fragranced it with a mix of Kentucky Bourbon and Vermont Maple. View attachment 50924
I'm envious lol I can't ang of those here, not even in small amounts just to try them.
Soooo cute!!

Turned out cute enough. All 3 colors are way lighter than I’d hoped. Not silver or gold at all. I imagine that if I bump those micas up next time that I’d still get white lather due to the light color of the mica. What do you think? I’m more cautious after my red lather batch.

Attachments

• 048476E2-CF52-4A28-9324-7B724507804E.jpeg
    048476E2-CF52-4A28-9324-7B724507804E.jpeg
    169.8 KB · Views: 36
  • C85DBE1B-8CAD-40B8-A68A-8BDDB63EB413.jpeg
    C85DBE1B-8CAD-40B8-A68A-8BDDB63EB413.jpeg
    152.5 KB · Views: 24
  • 66768234-D969-4927-9B83-3796F67B5F92.jpeg
    66768234-D969-4927-9B83-3796F67B5F92.jpeg
    148.7 KB · Views: 25
  • 881D1D14-7400-4185-90EC-93E39109448D.jpeg
    881D1D14-7400-4185-90EC-93E39109448D.jpeg
    158.8 KB · Views: 25
Y'all, I'm so excited! I just got a short loaf mold, a silicone muffin pan, silicone liners, and large piping tips. I'm planning an Oat milk and honey soap with a wood grain design and WSP Lavender Wood FO, and I'm also planning soap cupcakes with piping on top and WSP Secret Wonderland FO!
@TashaBird I think the bars look beautiful! What Micas are you using? Some are big enough they don't color the lather almost no matter how much you use. Others are small enough to stay noticably suspended in the lather even at the recommended amounts.

Y'all, I'm so excited! I just got a short loaf mold, a silicone muffin pan, silicone liners, and large piping tips. I'm planning an Oat milk and honey soap with a wood grain design and WSP Lavender Wood FO, and I'm also planning soap cupcakes with piping on top and WSP Secret Wonderland FO!
@TashaBird I think the bars look beautiful! What Micas are you using? Some are big enough they don't color the lather almost no matter how much you use. Others are small enough to stay noticably suspended in the lather even at the recommended amounts.
I love your excitement! Makes me gleeful.

NS micas gold, silver, and green vibrance. I’m going to use more.

I was supposed to be making a simple soap to test some new colors. I was having a crappy day and it was therapeutic to lose myself in the process. Tested my new extruder embeds, and practiced piping.
I have GOT to make myself wait for the piping! No definition at all.
Was supposed to be a silver, gold, and green ITPS.
And I was supposed to add plain batter to the gold mica, because my batter is kind of yellow.
then add some white mica before adding batter to my silver and green. Instead I accidentally added the plain batter (no white) to my green. So it’s sadly a bit brownish now, due to the yellow batter.
its in the oven now. I’m so glad I started oven processing! I used to use heating pad.CP is way easier!
It’ll be fun to cut!
TashaBird my Ca Sister' you're so creative' love your post & soaps' Im inspired by your creations. :nodding:

Absolutely adorable! Love love love it! ♥
I got my sodium gluconate today!
And I'm going to try it out first on a dish soap... Now to figure out the calculations.

I also stamped the rest of the Christmas soaps.
View attachment 51011
You can see the trio behind the yellow ones on the right side.. I'm just waiting on the handcrafted boxes then I'll be releasing them as a limited edition bundle. Excited for that!

I'm envious lol I can't ang of those here, not even in small amounts just to try them.

I love your soaps and the idea of the trio. ♥
Turned out cute enough. All 3 colors are way lighter than I’d hoped. Not silver or gold at all. I imagine that if I bump those micas up next time that I’d still get white lather due to the light color of the mica. What do you think? I’m more cautious after my red lather batch.

They are awesome! I like the more muted colors. ♥️

Today I cut my batch of Cuban Tobacco. Made it with the guys in mind but I really love the smell of this one myself. Then I made a batch
80252C31-9ED5-46D7-AA8C-61A9FA8864E2.jpeg
of Lavender and another of Patchouli. It was a pretty soapy day!

Absolutely love your soap' Awww ❤️🤗🧼

Today I cut my batch of Cuban Tobacco. Made it with the guys in mind but I really love the smell of this one myself. Then I made a batch View attachment 51017 of Lavender and another of Patchouli. It was a pretty soapy day!
Ooohhh love your soap & color choice I can almost smell it from here' 🧼🤗💫

I Ordered Color Pigments Yay! 👍🏼. #2 different Purples' Yellow' Orange' Peacock Blue I think I'm gonna love.

@TashaBird my experience with silver and gold micas is that if they are blended into a significant amount of batter, they turn grey or tan, respectively. They seem to work best when added more as an oil drizzle on top, or as mica lines in between other colors of batter. Does that make sense?
I was thinking of using more mica. You think it’ll be the same? I also was going to add some of the gold glitter, to the gold mica. Maybe super sparkles to the silver mica?

I was thinking of using more mica. You think it’ll be the same? I also was going to add some of the gold glitter, to the gold mica. Maybe super sparkles to the silver mica?
Yep, it'll pretty much be more of the same. There might be a little shimmer depending on the macron size and if it gels, but it's still going to read shimmery gray or brown. If you want it to read metallic, you pretty much have to settle for adding it to oil, not batter, and drizzling or lightly swirling that. Or you have to use clear M&P.

Back