Quantcast

What soapy thing have you done today?

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

violets2217

Reaction score
Today I had to go to Ace hardware for lye. I’ve never bought it at a store... always ordered online. I got worried because I couldn’t find it, then asked and it was behind the counter & he looked at me funny when I said I needed 4 of them... I promised him I wasn’t making illegal drugs! Then I panicked when she rang em up and said $55. Online it said $3.59... so I got 4 lbs of lye for $15! Score! I also finished up a couple slab molds I built and un-molded my tooth soap <— can’t wait to use it!!! I also got my big ole pizza cutter today to cut my slabs of soap when I’m brave enough to make em!B0CDE17C-D3AB-4D33-9BEA-01E1D83AB41D.jpeg

TashaBird

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank goodness the “liquid tallow” is almost gone. It definitely affected my pull through soaps. It was super slow moving! So if you want that quality, essential depot for tallow.
the column on the right I did at my usual speed. I’m hoping it doesn’t look like mush.
the column on the left I made myself go to the bathroom and get a drink of water after I’d gotten my batter into my squeeze bottle. It went agains every fiber of my being, but it did work better. We’ll see soon!
Packaging orders for the PO. @msunnerstood this island is my part time shipping area. The whole place needs some things, but it’s getting there. I feel ya on the tired feet!!!

Attachments

TashaBird

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well at least they didn’t turn brown. The super fluid batter caused the asymmetry and some blurring, but they’re still pretty.
The second ones where I let the batter sit awhile did better.
oh I can’t wait until my old faithful big bucket of tallow arrives!!!
Elf poops are pretty darn cute too! Again though, this brand of tallow is making everything WAY too soft! So I managed to wrangle these out of the mold, but I threw the other mold in the freezer.

Attachments

Sharyn

Shaz
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well at least they didn’t turn brown. The super fluid batter caused the asymmetry and some blurring, but they’re still pretty.
The second ones where I let the batter sit awhile did better.
oh I can’t wait until my old faithful big bucket of tallow arrives!!!
Elf poops are pretty darn cute too! Again though, this brand of tallow is making everything WAY too soft! So I managed to wrangle these out of the mold, but I threw the other mold in the freezer.
Gorgeous!

Sharyn

Shaz
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks Zing!! Yes, brown squirrels. Actually used rose clay but they kind of look like soft brown lol. I’m going to try maybe a little more of the rose to see it makes a difference with the next batch . Some of my grandkids have squirrels in the yard they watch so I thought they might like ! Took another picture so you could see. Not the best lighting.
So cute and gorgeous.

Sharyn

Shaz
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lookie what I gots meeself!
View attachment 50685
It was posted in one of those second hand apps (where I previously got my bigger cooker, my molds and some other stuff) and it's still in excellent condition. And the seller lives near my cousin so he picked it up on his way here.

Now I can make smaller batches and my SB will still sink in, and I can make min. 3 colors simultaneously for one batch of soap that's bigger than my current batch. So happy!

No other soapy thing other than to make lotion bars for an order.....

Speaking of lotion bars, I stumbled upon this
View attachment 50686
It's my reseller! She just posted a couple of days ago and sold 12, and all with 5 stars! This is a local app very similar to amazon... I'm so happy!
Congratulations!! Beautiful!

Sharyn

Shaz
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am still in creative mode! I wish I would just concentrate on bettering my soap making LOL! I have just made these and have a couple of more ideas for this shape. Don'tcha luv soaping! They are Christmas Puddings, and Peppermint Crisp & Belgium Chocolate Puddings.

Attachments

lenarenee

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank goodness the “liquid tallow” is almost gone. It definitely affected my pull through soaps. It was super slow moving! So if you want that quality, essential depot for tallow.
the column on the right I did at my usual speed. I’m hoping it doesn’t look like mush.
the column on the left I made myself go to the bathroom and get a drink of water after I’d gotten my batter into my squeeze bottle. It went agains every fiber of my being, but it did work better. We’ll see soon!
Packaging orders for the PO. @msunnerstood this island is my part time shipping area. The whole place needs some things, but it’s getting there. I feel ya on the tired feet!!!
How difficult is the pull through technique?

Peachy Clean Soap

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didn't make soap. It's bed weather today (not that I got to stay in bed with this toddler around lol), and my arm hurts.

But I'm testing different packaging for an international custom order (cousin's sister in law based in Dubai) and this tester goes to another cousin here. I changed my lotion bar recipe a bit and I want to see if she can tell.

And since its my cousin and just a tester, I doodled. Brings me back to high school. I used to doodle random tattoos all over my arms in between classes lol
View attachment 50717
that looks awesome 😉🤗

TashaBird

Supporting Member
Reaction score
How difficult is the pull through technique?
It’s quite a bit of set up, but I just followed the directions that came with my tools, and from the videos I watched on YouTube. I’ve had pretty good luck so far. A few weird ones where I did some experiments. I find a good assembly line very soothing. So, this technique has been great for me in these stressful times. But, it’s not that hard.

TashaBird

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I need to be more aggressive with my In the Poop Swirl. I poured each color into the poops and then swirled with a skewer. I was worried I’d over do it, but it barely swirled.

Attachments

Last edited:

sarahmarah

Reaction score
It's not exactly soapy but I made my first ever whipped body butter to test out.
I let my little girls choose the fragrance and they chose 'Pumpkin Chai' and its a good thing too because it covered up some of the nutty smell from the unrefined shea. Eh the smell is...not too terrible lol.