Quantcast

What soapy thing have you done today?

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

TashaBird

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m super bummed that my beautiful green from NS turned blue. It stayed green in the individual molds that I put the left over batter from my pull through in. Exact same recipe. What happened?! Not very Christmas-y. 😢
Edit: sorry. I should e started a thread probably.

Attachments

Last edited:

Catscankim

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m super bummed that my beautiful green from NS turned blue. It stayed green in the individual molds that I put the left over batter from my pull through in. Exact same recipe. What happened?! Not very Christmas-y. 😢
They are beautiful. It might not be what YOU wanted, but the are super pretty nonetheless. You have a knack for these pull throughs.

TashaBird

Supporting Member
Reaction score
They are beautiful. It might not be what YOU wanted, but the are super pretty nonetheless. You have a knack for these pull throughs.
This happened before but I forgot. Usually it’s just colorful and pretty so it doesn’t matter. But this time I actually wanted green. It’s Christmas, not 4th of July.
Thank you! I think they’re pretty too. But they’re blue and red, not green and red.
I’d like to figure out what happened in the individual cavity mold Ba the column.

DKing

Reaction score
This happened before but I forgot. Usually it’s just colorful and pretty so it doesn’t matter. But this time I actually wanted green. It’s Christmas, not 4th of July.
Thank you! I think they’re pretty too. But they’re blue and red, not green and red.
I’d like to figure out what happened in the individual cavity mold Ba the column.
I have heard sometimes colours will do a temporary morph. It still may turn back to green. Give it a few days. If not, it is pretty still, but I understand the disappointment since you were going for Christmas colours. Just call it Blue Christmas?

TashaBird

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have heard sometimes colours will do a temporary morph. It still may turn back to green. Give it a few days. If not, it is pretty still, but I understand the disappointment since you were going for Christmas colours. Just call it Blue Christmas?
I just dug out another that’s two weeks old. It’s blue.
I’ll probably borrow that name Blue Christmas though, if that’s ok. It kinda makes me feel a little better.

Attachments

Jersey Girl

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just dug out another that’s two weeks old. It’s blue.
I’ll probably borrow that name Blue Christmas though, if that’s ok. It kinda makes me feel a little better.
It may have to do with how hot it got in the Pringle’s can as opposed to the single mold. Maybe try putting it in the fridge to avoid gel and see what happens.

TashaBird

Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Jersey Girl @Dawni I thought that may be it, but when I cut into the individual mold, it was blue inside, only green on the surface. So weird. I’m in a NS Facebook group and it’s been recommended to add some yellow, and/or another green to the Savage Garden. I shouldn’t have to do that though. Very unfortunate. I love the color so much when it’s mixed and the way it turned out on top. I mean, I like the blue it turns too, but not in this case. I’ll experiment with it and see what I get.

GemstonePony

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I cut my first ever soap today!!! I'm in love with soap making! So... Should I reduce my water to get rid of the glycerin rivers ext time? I don't mind them, just wondering!
Glycerin rivers are purely a matter of aesthetics. I think those look awesome, and really add to the design! If you don't want them in your next design, try a 2:1 water: lye ratio, and once your soap has been poured either keep it from gelling or cool it off quickly after it gels. If you want glycerin rivers in the next one as well, there's no reason to change anything.

SoapSisters

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Election Day soap??? 🙃

earlene

Grandmother & Soaper
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Edit: sorry. I should e started a thread probably.
Which green is it? Nurture Soap, right? I haven't had one of their lye stable green micas do that, but I don't have every mica in their inventory. Did you make sure you bought mica for CP soap? She does sell micas for other products, that are not lye stable.

I did find this thread re: Green Vibrance from Nurture Soap: Green mica turned brown
Some reviews on the site mention it morphs temporarily, but morphs back.

Maybe you are right, maybe you should start a separate thread.

TashaBird

Supporting Member
Reaction score
@SoapSisters I soap so I don’t have to think about that! 😆
@earlene Savage Garden, and I looked at other soaps that I done that were older, and they had also turned blue.

Louise Taylor

Reaction score
Today I cut my xxxth wine soap. Trying to get the perfect color with red wine is hard. I have had some that looked like a butchers block. So far this colour is making me happy. Just have to wait a week to see if it morphs to brown like the top.
swirling technique is a work in progress. This one traced very quickly And was more blobbed than swirled.

Attachments

Last edited:

Misschief

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Today I cut my xxxth wine soap. Trying to get the perfect color with red wine is hard. I have had some that looked like a butchers block. So far this colour is making me happy. Just have to wait a week to see if it morphs to brown like the top.
swirling technique is a work in progress. This one traced very quickly And was more blobbed than swirled.
I use red wine in a soap and colour it with Merlot Mica; it's been very popular. (White wine soap is on the right.)20200807_184904.jpg