What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made Spiced Cranberry soap last night and was worried that the inside might look a bit meatish so this morning, i dressed up the top. Im no Duchess of suds but im trying to improve my piping skills. (and my spacial skills)

View attachment 49531
Pretty! I bet they are going to smell fantastic. I love cranberry.

Unmolded my soap curls soap. I think it turned out well. Wish I could have done this a couple of years ago.
C3063C6A-4B80-4B64-B175-F6967520644C_1_105_c.jpeg

I made Spiced Cranberry soap last night and was worried that the inside might look a bit meatish so this morning, i dressed up the top. Im no Duchess of suds but im trying to improve my piping skills. (and my spacial skills)

View attachment 49531
Lovely! I ordered this fragrance just recently and am excited about it for fall/winter.

Coconut oil in soap is so stripping. I personally cannot use it at higher than 15%. Does your skin feel very dry using Coconut Oil?
I've been fine with coconut oil for the last 5 years. 20% was fine, even with a 3% superfat. So, I will be making a few testers to be sure. On an extreme, I might stop using the micas but I more than likely will drop the coconut to 15%

It’s been a super depressing week with all the smoke and general crappy world I haven’t felt much like making anything, even soap. Yesterday I dug deep and did some prep. And today I did two pull throughs in the same day, first time ever! My recipe has a bit extra batter so I can make a column moon mold every time I do a pull through. But I only have one. So the second pull through I decided to use the extra batter and try my hand at SOAP DOUGH! Yay! Being able to sculpt soap is super exciting for me.
And, I just love Eye of the Tiger mica from NS! It makes my eyes happy!!!

Attachments

• 288B9C96-2703-4A9C-9F58-67B2EEF2A81A.jpeg
    288B9C96-2703-4A9C-9F58-67B2EEF2A81A.jpeg
    95.3 KB · Views: 11
  • F4841E79-AEC5-4EBC-836B-604D66212B30.jpeg
    F4841E79-AEC5-4EBC-836B-604D66212B30.jpeg
    132.1 KB · Views: 11
  • DA614584-EFB3-4E0B-9615-2A716E49CBAA.jpeg
    DA614584-EFB3-4E0B-9615-2A716E49CBAA.jpeg
    134.2 KB · Views: 9
  • 7ACBCB4D-B64C-4275-B223-3C0CFE386311.jpeg
    7ACBCB4D-B64C-4275-B223-3C0CFE386311.jpeg
    277.9 KB · Views: 9
  • 7C618253-52CE-4F04-9FF5-66F601857C51.jpeg
    7C618253-52CE-4F04-9FF5-66F601857C51.jpeg
    161.8 KB · Views: 17
Today I cut two soaps that I made yesterday. So far the soaps I have been making are higher in Coconut oil. I love the bubbles, but it's a little drying for me (hubby loves it) and they don't seem to last very long. I wanted to try something different so these are high lard with some coconut oil, olive oil, shea butter, a little avocado and castor oils. I also added some goats milk powder to my oils. The first is scented with Seven Isles FO from Nurture. I intended to add a little sugar to boost bubbles but forgot. I was playing around with design and embeds, and made MP flamingos, flowers and pineapples for the top. Would look better if I had saved out a little batter to color green and pipe in around them all. That's a thought for next time. I also forgot the embed that I made specifically to go thru the center of this soap. :rolleyes: I still get nervous as soon as the lye solution hits the oils and forget everything that I planned even if I have it all laid out in front of me. Hense the second soap. In that one I used reduced, frozen red wine for my additional water (my lye solution is master batched) and added some rice slurry to the dark gray portion of the batter. My hopes were that some tiny rice bits would look like specks in the night sky, with some clouds swirling about around the moon (that was originally supposed to be a sun). The other portion was left uncolored and any color it has I attribute to the wine and figure it may change when it is all said and done. It is unscented except that it smells like cooked wine - and not in a good way. I'm hoping that will fade. I also only have one loaf mold so I had to find something else to use for a mold. Not exactly as I saw it in my head, but I'm ok with it, seeing that I was really irritated with myself when I made it and it was literally spur of the moment. I was a little worried about this recipe b/c I didn't think I'd get good bubbles/lather, but when I tested some small scrapings after cutting it, it was actually pretty good.
1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg

Today’s cut. The first time I made a “beachy” soap. I dont have any sand colored micas so I used just a tiny bit of cocoa powder and then added 1/2 tso
B2D61C14-11BF-48AA-9CA9-9DBC29646FCA.jpeg
of orange peel powder for some speckles. I’m pretty happy with the resulting sand color. Did a simple ITPS for the water. Scented with Sea Breeze from C&S

Wish i could purposely make soaps stay like this. They look like lemon bars lol.

The last batch of 38% lye concentration soaps lol. No color added to the bottom. FO is autumn harvest by elements. Known to discolor to a dark brown.

Attachments

• 839E846E-DF5A-440D-8E98-F854F8CC8953.jpeg
    839E846E-DF5A-440D-8E98-F854F8CC8953.jpeg
    280.8 KB · Views: 19
Wish i could purposely make soaps stay like this. They look like lemon bars lol.

The last batch of 38% lye concentration soaps lol. No color added to the bottom. FO is autumn harvest by elements. Known to discolor to a dark brown.
They look delicious! 😁

Those do look like lemon bars. I'm thinking about how to recreate that on purpose. I imagine a 1/4-half dose of a way-too- bright yellow and gel could do the trick, but a yellow discoloring FO would help.

Those do look like lemon bars. I'm thinking about how to recreate that on purpose. I imagine a 1/4-half dose of a way-too- bright yellow and gel could do the trick, but a yellow discoloring FO would help.
I made lemon bar soaps following a brambleberry tutorial a few months ago. I like the recipe, they feel nice. But i didnt care for how they looked. Their lemon bar FO is divine

I always giggle when I read about people wishing their dishes with me... Hahaha

Began prep for a clay series of soaps - sniffed a bunch of EOs together, made lists, of additives go into which soap - and I also ordered more supplies. I too am cutting it close to making enough soap ready for Christmas gifts - my own and for selling.

I made my first batch of lard soap this weekend. Oh.boy. A quick preliminary wash of the hands and I’m sold. Just.wow. This is the drop swirl I intended to do with the soap that riced on me last week. The batter was a dream to work with.

Attachments

• DC6D9376-26FB-41C4-84F3-79D0AE2738F5.jpeg
    DC6D9376-26FB-41C4-84F3-79D0AE2738F5.jpeg
    136.4 KB · Views: 33
Lovely! I ordered this fragrance just recently and am excited about it for fall/winter.
Where did you order from? I've used it and love it..so much I ordered another..from another company..unfortunately, it's not the same. I didn't remember where I first bottle came from and unfortunately didn't save the bottle. I've been kicking my butt ever since.

Unmolded my soap curls soap. I think it turned out well. Wish I could have done this a couple of years ago.View attachment 49532

love it and the colours are great!

I cut the remake of my Autumn Leaves soap and while it's not exactly what I wanted, I'm pretty happy with the drop swirl.

I also made a Pink Clay Salt bar which has been on my list for ages. I was surprised how long it took to firm up. It's pretty plain jane so hopefully it will be nice.

Attachments

• Soap 40 - Autumn Leaves2-1.jpg
    Soap 40 - Autumn Leaves2-1.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 33

Latest posts

Back