Quantcast

What soapy thing have you done today?

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

Caribbeaness

Reaction score
okie dokie☺
today I attempted coconut milk shampoo bars 🥺 but does anyone know if the heat from the gel phase will make coconut milk become oil?

linne1gi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
okie dokie☺
today I attempted coconut milk shampoo bars 🥺 but does anyone know if the heat from the gel phase will make coconut milk become oil?
No, the heat will just heat up the milk, not turn it into oil.

Caribbeaness

Reaction score
No, the heat will just heat up the milk, not turn it into oil.
But when you heat coconut milk, it becomes oil🥺 in my country, we grate coconuts, squeeze the milk and boil it until it separates and forms oil in the bottom and husk at the top☺
are you 100% sure?🥺
(Please don’t think I’m annoying 🥺 I’m a newbie and I just got here an hour ago and I need some reassurance lol)

AliOop

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
After a long and fun weekend camping with the grandkids, the only soapy thing I've done today is take a long hot shower with my lovely soap. And I must say, a real shower in a real shower stall (not a camping trailer shower stall) is amazing!!

linne1gi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
But when you heat coconut milk, it becomes oil🥺 in my country, we grate coconuts, squeeze the milk and boil it until it separates and forms oil in the bottom and husk at the top☺
are you 100% sure?🥺
(Please don’t think I’m annoying 🥺 I’m a newbie and I just got here an hour ago and I need some reassurance lol)
If you are using coconut milk that you purchased here (in the US) as coconut milk , it will stay milk. Now, if you are making it yourself from coconuts, I don’t know but I doubt it.

Adobehead

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I tried using some rhubarb tea to color a small test batch. Trying out a tallow/lard/co/oo combo. First time with that, will try again with some infused oo to see if it comes out a different color, I really want a pink.

And the blue is some indigo and a blend of rosemary/Lavender EO in a 30/20/30 olive/lard/tallow base. I got that scent blend idea here on the list and wow, it is good.

IMG_0622.jpg

linne1gi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I tried using some rhubarb tea to color a small test batch. Trying out a tallow/lard/co/oo combo. First time with that, will try again with some infused oo to see if it comes out a different color, I really want a pink.

And the blue is some indigo and a blend of rosemary/Lavender EO in a 30/20/30 olive/lard/tallow base. I got that scent blend idea here on the list and wow, it is good.

View attachment 48521
These are lovely.

Dawni

Reaction score
Not a soapy thing per se but I did update my IG and FB accounts with this
rsz_img_20200810_200729_609.jpg
Lotion bars are so much fun to make!

I tried to do something actual soapy but I discovered I ran out of coconut milk powder, which I use in all my soap, so I didn't make any soap. Hopefully tomorrow....

TashaBird

Supporting Member
Reaction score
OMG I’m in love!
I definitely will lube the mold with Vaseline again next time. I did it the first time, but not this time, and it was much easier the first time.
Also, I probably could have waited another hour or two.
I need to clean them up a bit before they have a proper photo shoot, but I’m going to let them harden a bit more first.
Any tips on how to clean up the edges of a round soap? Not the “corners”, but the outside?

Attachments

AliOop

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
@TashaBird those are so cool - great color choices!

I ordered some pull-through tools weeks ago, and now I am really hoping that they show up soon.

sarahmarah

Reaction score
I soaped for the first time at 90F. I usually soap at 110. Holy bananas I had so much time for activities, swirls and twiddles. I also successfully soaped with high temp soy wax at a low %. I’ve discovered my love for Mad Oils Earl Grey in soap (it’s also phenomenal in candles btw). I’m realizing my avocado oil is way too dark and screws up all my color planning even when I lighten it. I think I finally nailed the zig zag swirl after a number of “almosts”. Going to plan out my beginner entry for the Stripes/Dropswirl Soap Challenge Club tonight. I never really plan anything out on paper so it’s a start.

Jersey Girl

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I keep pushing the envelope with how early I can unmold my soaps. I just cut these. I put them to bed to gel just 8 hours ago. I do use a lot of hard oils so I’m sure that helps. I used a new to me FO. Cool Citrus Basil. They smell wonderful! They remind me of candy corn.
C5840811-254B-4176-9989-BB83E843374A.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest posts