Quantcast

What soapy thing have you done today?

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

Elizevt

Reaction score
I have a sprained wrist so I haven’t been able to soap for two weeks so far. It’s so sad to visit my soap room and do nothing.
I am currently living vicariously through all of you. Beautiful soaps!! 🙂
Oooh a whole room just for soaping, You lucky fish. That is really a lovely space.
Don't worry, you will be back to soaping soon. Just take good care of your wrist.
It is a great time for you to plan recipes and new designs perhaps.
Hope you feel better soon.

SPowers

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I made my dinosaur soaps! I'm very happy with them.. I put a little too much of the plain batter in the bottom so they look a bit anemic but with use the colours I used will come through. Since they are for kids, I didn't use fragrance and coloured them with 2 greens made from Barleygrass powder and a yellow made with turmeric and a touch of green to tone it down. They are big bars! I think my grandson will love them.
Soap 26 - Dino Soaps 2.jpg

Catscankim

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So im in the middle of soaping and letting my batter sit for a bit to thicken. Im afraid to sb cause i really want to pour right for this one. I upped the FO so im scared lol. The gold is getting thicker quicker than the other two....

i only did to emulsion this time before separating. I have three batter colors. The fo discolored a bit to like a mauve. Thats ok though, i think lol. I really wanted white.

anyway, this is where i am

Attachments

SPowers

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The other sort of soapy thing I did today was use my first 'shampoo' bar! I couldn't believe how creamy it was and how much lather it made. My hair is great so hoping that continues.

Misschief

Supporting Member
Reaction score
We picked up a stainless steel shelf unit from Costco this afternoon. It's now set up and in place in my spare room, which doubles as my soap room. Finally, I'm able to get things off the floor; it's so much neater and I can find things much more easily. Eventually, I'd love to get one more and rearrange that entire room but this is a welcome start.

linne1gi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I made my first soap for the August Soap Challenge Club. You have to do a combination of layers and a drop swirl and one more technique. So I made layers with teardrop embeds in the layers, and then a drop swirl. It came out fine, but I'm not in love with it - so I am working on a 2nd try. This time I am doing layers with a mica line in between, and the drop swirl on top. We'll see. I have to say though that the fragrance I am working with, Autumn Equinox from Nurture is amazing.

Suzette

Reaction score
Oooh a whole room just for soaping, You lucky fish. That is really a lovely space.
Don't worry, you will be back to soaping soon. Just take good care of your wrist.
It is a great time for you to plan recipes and new designs perhaps.
Hope you feel better soon.

Thanks so much, Elizevt! 😊

The Cat Lady

Reaction score
I normally make cold process soap but today I spent a whole day experimenting and making melt and pour loaves. Made about 40 bars and various moulds of different shapes. It was fun to try something different

linne1gi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I normally make cold process soap but today I spent a whole day experimenting and making melt and pour loaves. Made about 40 bars and various moulds of different shapes. It was fun to try something different
Pictures?