Quantcast

What soapy thing have you done today?

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

jcandleattic

Reaction score
Not today, and not soapy, but I made a memorial hurricane shell for my sister. She lost her hub end of May. This is the pic she gave me for this.
I still need to smooth out the top a little but once the top is smoothed, just put one of those battery operate tealights down inside of it, and it's done.
It really does look better IRL.
(ETA: I made this yesterday)

20200625_154716.jpg.

Last edited:

Jersey Girl

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wish I could do something ”soapy” as I just last week picked up some stearic acid and my KOH came yesterday. Want to try a shaving soap! But....canning season is here and we picked these yesterday. Sour cherries are so tedious to pick and process and we picked 15 lbs yesterday so...soaping has to wait! Jam coming up! And the blueberry patch opened up this week too! :eek:

Attachments

marshmallowlady

Reaction score
Haven't made any soapy goodness in a while, but I *did* check on my Bramble Berry (shipped) and WSP (not shipped yet) orders...and said I'd like to bring my soaps and bath bombs to a vendor event that several of my neighbors and I are trying to put together at our pool area. Does that count? 🤣

TashaBird

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally got to try my bacon and beer soap. It’s ugly, but it’s one of my favorite that I’ve made so far. My hubs triple rendered our huge stash of bacon grease, and he uses some for candle making. I made these with some sunflower oil and scented with palo santo EO. Got some not-for-sale labels on the soaps I have coming out of hibernation.
Anyone else find a good assembly line soothing?
Edit: Also, I’m way too excited to have a tin of soap shavings to keep in my purse.

Attachments

KiwiMoose

Reaction score
Finally got to try my bacon and beer soap. It’s ugly, but it’s one of my favorite that I’ve made so far. My hubs triple rendered our huge stash of bacon grease, and he uses some for candle making. I made these with some sunflower oil and scented with palo santo EO. Got some not-for-sale labels on the soaps I have coming out of hibernation.
Anyone else find a good assembly line soothing?
Edit: Also, I’m way too excited to have a tin of soap shavings to keep in my purse.
I love me a good assembly line :D

LilianNoir

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got lye solution and oils prepped earlier this week and about to make two batches for a soap challenge. I'm excited to try a new technique and test out an idea I have.
Slowly getting myself into a flow.

TashaBird

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not soap. But, I finally made lotion bars for the rest of my stash of altoids tins. Adorbs! Smells SO good! Rose geranium, orange, and ginger essential oils in a base of tallow, cocoa butter, beeswax, and avocado oil.
Also, I think I leveled up as a soaper because I’m WAY too excited about my soap shavings in the mini altoids tin to keep in my purse!!!

Attachments