What soapy thing have you done today?

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

amd

Reaction score
I made DB soap last night, and it was the most perfect soap session ever. Nothing accelerated, everything hung out exactly like it was supposed to, colors behaved like they were supposed, the fragrance is amazeballs... and though I might have a "bit" heavy handed with the gold mica mixed in oil on top of the soap, I still made everyone in the house come look at the perfection that was my soap top. [they were unappreciative. We'll see what they think about not getting fed for the next week...] I had planned to do an Ione Swirl, but the soap consistency was amazing, so I did a drop swirl. It's not often I can do a drop swirl with my recipe, so I'm super excited to see the cut.DB_top.jpg

SoapSisters

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I made DB soap last night, and it was the most perfect soap session ever. Nothing accelerated, everything hung out exactly like it was supposed to, colors behaved like they were supposed, the fragrance is amazeballs... and though I might have a "bit" heavy handed with the gold mica mixed in oil on top of the soap, I still made everyone in the house come look at the perfection that was my soap top. [they were unappreciative. We'll see what they think about not getting fed for the next week...] I had planned to do an Ione Swirl, but the soap consistency was amazing, so I did a drop swirl. It's not often I can do a drop swirl with my recipe, so I'm super excited to see the cut.View attachment 46471
We're excited to see the cut too!! Keep us posted!!

StarChild

Reaction score
I just made soap using orange 10x From brambleberry. I used clay for sticking power. Does anyone know if this has sticking power? Just went to cut my soap this morning and I think it needs a couple more hours. It has orange peel powder in it.
When I made soap with lemon powder the lemon smell was strong at first then faded, but made a good exfoliate that wasn't harsh.

KiwiMoose

Reaction score
Me too @The_Emerald_Chicken! This is the first batch I've made since we moved house on the 11th May. I've not been organised enough to do so until now. Had to get used to making it in the new kitchen, but everything went smoothly - the cut will decide just how smoothly :)

linne1gi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I cut the soaps I made yesterday using the Ione Swirl method. These are some of the prettiest swirls I've done yet!
Lovely colors. I would've never thought to put orange and purple together. I made a tiger swirl soap with cucumber melon fragrance.

amd

Reaction score
I printed out a recipe for paw balm. It's been along weekend of doing unimportant stuff (eg putting out other people's fires).

LilianNoir

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Someones got to stop me. between quarantine and being bedridden with a back injury, Im spending way too much money on Amazon and Etsy. I just bought a single bar cutter. Im retiring my cheese slicer because i need precise cuts.

View attachment 46566
You and me both! I told myself just this weekend that I absolutely need to stop buying soap stuff. I have enough right now! I just bought a stainless steel mitre box because I too need precise cuts. I can't cut straight to save my life and I can't use the cheeseslicer with MP.

So of course, I realize today that I'mout of TD and will need to buy more for future soap projects I have planned. 😆😂

Today I tried a new recipe, and a new fragrance oil formulation, and made a LOT of mistakes(and a mess). But at least the top is kinda pretty? I need to work on my mica sifting skills.

2020-05-31 21.01.59.jpg

MarnieSoapien

Reaction score
Lovely colors. I would've never thought to put orange and purple together. I made a tiger swirl soap with cucumber melon fragrance.
Thank you! I'd say the color is more pink than orange in person. You're tiger stripes look great! And I bet they smell amazing.

Lindywine

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Someones got to stop me. between quarantine and being bedridden with a back injury, Im spending way too much money on Amazon and Etsy. I just bought a single bar cutter. Im retiring my cheese slicer because i need precise cuts.

View attachment 46566
So sorry about your back injury. I broke my ankle in two places and started doing the same thing. I even started replenishing my yarn stash. Your bar cutter is beautiful!

cmzaha

Supporting Member
Reaction score
No soaping here, but I did put together a couple of orders. Still up in the air about markets, so I have been working on "Bucket List". I ordered working on learning to read crochet charts and tatting. Also crocheting a couple of really neat intricate pocket belts for my Granddaughter and a long Pineapple skirt. So no soaping.

Latest posts