What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve been trying new scents from a couple different vendors. NG, FB, Aztec...I just made this soap the other day and scented it with Grapefruit from NG. It smells really nice. Does anyone have any experience with this one? Can I expect it to stick around or is it going to fade. 😔

Attachments

• 76CAFEE1-9BC4-405D-B6CB-CA126C97F4A0.jpeg
    76CAFEE1-9BC4-405D-B6CB-CA126C97F4A0.jpeg
    80.7 KB · Views: 23
I'm going to finish off the week with an OMH soap, maybe two of them... one with OMH scent and one with Lavender Sage, or maybe Rosewood Musk... hmmm decisions. I may end up doing 3 batches....
I did end up doing 3 batches over the weekend! Which means I'll be doing soapy dishes this week and MB oils.

I also scored some free stacking bins at work, so I spent the weekend cleaning out and reorganizing my soap dungeon. Found a ton of embeds that I forgot I had, so I'll work on using those up over the next few months or add them to the shred bucket. Oh, speaking of... I was down to a handful of shreds in my bucket, and while cleaning I found several stashes, so now my bucket is full again.

Also discovered that I have a bad FO - I made cupcake soaps with this FO a year ago and I checked stock to take to the peddlers market, they had DOS. I made bars with the same FO in December and they also had DOS. This FO was particularly finicky to begin with - it decelerated trace when I made the cupcakes, and completely seized when I made the bars, so I had already decided I would only use it for sugar scrubs - but it just added to my irritation with this particular supplier's FO's. I won't be buying more from them. On the plus side... DQ'ing two soaps means I can make more right? Right.

I’ve been trying new scents from a couple different vendors. NG, FB, Aztec...I just made this soap the other day and scented it with Grapefruit from NG. It smells really nice. Does anyone have any experience with this one? Can I expect it to stick around or is it going to fade. 😔
Beautiful soap! keep me posted on the FO - I use NG.

I actually made soap! I only intended to clean up a bunch of saved tallow and lard so it would be ready for soaping at a later date. But once I started melting oils, soaping just kind of happened. Which was good, because it revealed that I'm down to my last container of lye, and completely out of 3 of my staple EOs. But I had enough of everything I needed to pour a small batch into cavity molds with a nice fresh EO mix of rosemary, sweet orange, litsea, and just a dab each of lavender and peppermint. Right now, it smells mostly citrusy and fresh. :)

@Ladka Do you mean my hope about the citrus-y smell sticking around? ;) Actually, I've had pretty good luck with this blend, albeit in HP, not CP. I did anchor with some clay which also seems to help. We shall see!

The scent will fade pretty quickly in my experience with it. Sadly.

The scent will fade pretty quickly in my experience with it. Sadly.

Aahhhh...bummer :confused: Thanks for the feedback. It smells so nice too. I’m really trying to research and purchase oils that have good scent retention I adore citrus scents but I know they are notorious for fading but this one had good reviews. Dang!

Aahhhh...bummer :confused: Thanks for the feedback. It smells so nice too. I’m really trying to research and purchase oils that have good scent retention I adore citrus scents but I know they are notorious for fading but this one had good reviews. Dang!

Can hope they may have changed it......I haven't used it in several years. I love citrus scents as well. NG's Sweet Orange Chili Pepper sticks well for me.

I just made soap using orange 10x From brambleberry. I used clay for sticking power. Does anyone know if this has sticking power? Just went to cut my soap this morning and I think it needs a couple more hours. It has orange peel powder in it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 14
@Ladka Do you mean my hope about the citrus-y smell sticking around? ;) Actually, I've had pretty good luck with this blend, albeit in HP, not CP. I did anchor with some clay which also seems to help. We shall see!
Actually, no. My response relates to Kiwi Moose's post. I tried to delete the post but could not so I just replaced it with "Deleted".

I just made soap using orange 10x From brambleberry. I used clay for sticking power. Does anyone know if this has sticking power? Just went to cut my soap this morning and I think it needs a couple more hours. It has orange peel powder in it.

That’s really pretty! I love using orange peel powder. Love the speckles.

I unmolded my soaps from last night after popping them in the freezer for a bit. The wave molds release so much more cleanly when I do that. Sorry for the lack of photog skills (shadows, etc.). These are really pretty pale yellow, to go with the citrus scent. They still smell great; hopefully the scent sticks. I'll trim the edges in a few days after they firm up a bit more.

Soap1 26 May 2020.JPG

I can’t answer the question, but I need swirl lessons from you :).

Back