What soapy thing have you done today?

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

KiwiMoose

Reaction score
I’ve been trying new scents from a couple different vendors. NG, FB, Aztec...I just made this soap the other day and scented it with Grapefruit from NG. It smells really nice. Does anyone have any experience with this one? Can I expect it to stick around or is it going to fade. 😔
Beautiful soap! keep me posted on the FO - I use NG.

AliOop

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I actually made soap! I only intended to clean up a bunch of saved tallow and lard so it would be ready for soaping at a later date. But once I started melting oils, soaping just kind of happened. Which was good, because it revealed that I'm down to my last container of lye, and completely out of 3 of my staple EOs. But I had enough of everything I needed to pour a small batch into cavity molds with a nice fresh EO mix of rosemary, sweet orange, litsea, and just a dab each of lavender and peppermint. Right now, it smells mostly citrusy and fresh. :)

AliOop

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
@Ladka Do you mean my hope about the citrus-y smell sticking around? ;) Actually, I've had pretty good luck with this blend, albeit in HP, not CP. I did anchor with some clay which also seems to help. We shall see!

shunt2011

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I’ve been trying new scents from a couple different vendors. NG, FB, Aztec...I just made this soap the other day and scented it with Grapefruit from NG. It smells really nice. Does anyone have any experience with this one? Can I expect it to stick around or is it going to fade. 😔
The scent will fade pretty quickly in my experience with it. Sadly.

Jersey Girl

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The scent will fade pretty quickly in my experience with it. Sadly.
Aahhhh...bummer :confused: Thanks for the feedback. It smells so nice too. I’m really trying to research and purchase oils that have good scent retention I adore citrus scents but I know they are notorious for fading but this one had good reviews. Dang!

shunt2011

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Aahhhh...bummer :confused: Thanks for the feedback. It smells so nice too. I’m really trying to research and purchase oils that have good scent retention I adore citrus scents but I know they are notorious for fading but this one had good reviews. Dang!
Can hope they may have changed it......I haven't used it in several years. I love citrus scents as well. NG's Sweet Orange Chili Pepper sticks well for me.

Jersey Girl

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can hope they may have changed it......I haven't used it in several years. I love citrus scents as well. NG's Sweet Orange Chili Pepper sticks well for me.
I got that one too. Haven’t soaped it yet but will soon. It smells awesome OOB

Virgogoddess

Reaction score
I just made soap using orange 10x From brambleberry. I used clay for sticking power. Does anyone know if this has sticking power? Just went to cut my soap this morning and I think it needs a couple more hours. It has orange peel powder in it.

Attachments

Ladka

Reaction score
@Ladka Do you mean my hope about the citrus-y smell sticking around? ;) Actually, I've had pretty good luck with this blend, albeit in HP, not CP. I did anchor with some clay which also seems to help. We shall see!
Actually, no. My response relates to Kiwi Moose's post. I tried to delete the post but could not so I just replaced it with "Deleted".

Jersey Girl

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just made soap using orange 10x From brambleberry. I used clay for sticking power. Does anyone know if this has sticking power? Just went to cut my soap this morning and I think it needs a couple more hours. It has orange peel powder in it.
That’s really pretty! I love using orange peel powder. Love the speckles.

AliOop

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I unmolded my soaps from last night after popping them in the freezer for a bit. The wave molds release so much more cleanly when I do that. Sorry for the lack of photog skills (shadows, etc.). These are really pretty pale yellow, to go with the citrus scent. They still smell great; hopefully the scent sticks. I'll trim the edges in a few days after they firm up a bit more.

Soap1 26 May 2020.JPG

Mobjack Bay

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can’t answer the question, but I need swirl lessons from you :).

Zing

Reaction score
. But I had enough of everything I needed to pour a small batch into cavity molds with a nice fresh EO mix of rosemary, sweet orange, litsea, and just a dab each of lavender and peppermint. Right now, it smells mostly citrusy and fresh. :)
I'm so intrigued by this combo and have all of those EOs. Can you compare it to another scent since the interwebs haven't figured out how to send scents yet.
I use orange 10x from brambleberry and it lasts a very long time.

StarChild

Reaction score
I got it on Etsy from a seller in Canada. Her stamps look pretty cool and she has great reviews. My stamp should ship tomorrow and she always sends you a picture of the impression it makes before she ships. I'll post it once I test it out
I bought some custom made stamps from Ali express and they were nice.

AliOop

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I'm so intrigued by this combo and have all of those EOs. Can you compare it to another scent since the interwebs haven't figured out how to send scents yet.
@Zing I can't detect the lavender or peppermint at all, and somehow the orange and lemony litsea tone down the strength of the rosemary EO. I do adore rosemary (fresh, dried, EO), but it can be overpowering in some combos - not at all in this one. I wish I could offer more description than citrusy and fresh, but I got nothin' for ya. Using only EO blends, I can't compare it to any FOs for you, sorry.

I started out planning to use the Herbal Citrus blend from EOCalc.com, but I knew I didn't want that much peppermint, and I actually ran out of lavender. Best I can remember was about 25% rosemary, 40% sweet orange, 30% litsea, and 5% each of peppermint and lavender.

One of my friends thought it reminded her of some cleaning products, but she said that wasn't a bad thing. ??

Let me know when someone invents the scratch-n-sniff screen, ya? :D

Sparks

Reaction score
I cut up a confetti soap that I made a couple of days ago. I sacrificed a bar from a batch that didn't quite turn out like I wanted it and made soap curls out of it for the top. This probably wasn't a great idea as the bar was almost completely cured and it was difficult to make the curls withough having them break. The confetti is all trimmings from previous batches. Scented with Black Raspberry Vanilla.

Attachments