What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you! That's my buck, Kola. He's QUITE a character! The fencing I'm using is the one the breeder has been using, for years. In fact, I got it from them. They did say, though, that it's not a small enough one, for kids. Kola won't be able to get his head through - and now (Thank you!), I'll know to watch the does very closely!

I think I found my swirl recipe

BA11210E-FEF3-4C48-BC75-BD1228C0B181.jpeg

I think I found my swirl recipe

View attachment 42637
Wow! Love that swirl on the top. Good work! I recently did a very swirly 'eve's garden' type soap, and I ended up going with 45% OO just to allow me more time. It seemed to work pretty well.

Today I made a Turmeric and Calendula batch - our dear friend @KiwiSoap sent me his very own dried calendula petals to use. It was my first time using turmeric, and I'd put a generous half-teaspoon into a jug to mix with my 600g batter. Feeling sure it wasn't enough, I left the jar of turmeric out in case I wanted to added some more while mixing. I sure didn't - gosh it makes a beautiful deep mustard colour, doesn't it? I'll put some pics up tomorrow once I've unmolded.

I made two silicon moulds, one using a toy car and another with the carved wood carnation blossom I had obtained earlier. They seem to be OK and I will test them after they've sufficiently solidified. The silicon I use needs 24 hrs to solidfify so I can't pour soap batter in them before tomorrow.

Just did another 12 bar batch of my Perfect Soap recipe. Olive, canola castor, palm, coconut, lard, bee's, shea. Scented with Peru Balsam plant resinoid. Gonna be a brown soap. Here are a couple of pics of it in my adapted 40-bar slab mold - just poured.

Attachments

• IMG_1043.JPG
    IMG_1043.JPG
    205.6 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_1044.JPG
    IMG_1044.JPG
    194.5 KB · Views: 37
Just did another 12 bar batch of my Perfect Soap recipe. Olive, canola castor, palm, coconut, lard, bee's, shea. Scented with Peru Balsam plant resinoid. Gonna be a brown soap. Here are a couple of pics of it in my adapted 40-bar slab mold - just poured.
Love your mold adaptation! :winner:

Back