What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered a smaller (50g) mooncake press and thanks to the magic of Amazon Prime it came today. The smaller press works much better. Made 66 shower steamers. Menthol-Spearmint-Eucalyptus; Menthol-Yuzu; Menthol-Pink Grapefruit; and Menthol-Cucumber. I just used FOs since I have the menthol for the sinus clearing purposes and I don't keep a lot of EOs on hand. I estimate around 55 of them are craft sale quality, it took me awhile to figure out the right pressure on the mooncake press, I was pushing down too hard. I tried one of my ugly steamers this morning and absolutely loved it so i'm excited to test the scented ones :)

I think that's all the CPOPping over with for this year, it's 28 degrees today. I just made this Lime, Basil and Mandarin (Nature's Garden) soap with oat milk and it's sitting, covered, in a warm spot on the coffee table. Would have preferred to use aloe juice, but I have none pureed ready, so I opted for oat milk as it was sitting in the freezer begging to be used.
IMG_1538.jpeg

This Is Cleopatra's Smile. It a honey and rose scented soap. One of my biggest selling scents. The soap dish i also make to coordinate with soaps
Very pretty

I think that's all the CPOPping over with for this year, it's 28 degrees today. I just made this Lime, Basil and Mandarin (Nature's Garden) soap with oat milk and it's sitting, covered, in a warm spot on the coffee table. Would have preferred to use aloe juice, but I have none pureed ready, so I opted for oat milk as it was sitting in the freezer begging to be used.
View attachment 42414
Nice, I want to see the cut version!

Last edited by a moderator:
@tspin Nicely done! Pretty soaps. TIP: If you look at the bottom of your post #13,902 there's an "Edit" button you can use to change something. Easy peasy. ;)

ETA: Forgot to mention... it's only available for 24 hours. :rolleyes:

Not Dawni, but i checked www.eocalc.com and it came up with this rosemary/lavender/litsea blend that I think would be lovely in a lotion bar -- plus she gives you safe usage rates for the size of the batch you are making:

https://www.eocalc.com/blends/flourish/
Thank you Dawni

As I was doing a smallish batch of leaf lard+coconut+sunflower+castor oils I wanted to weigh some additional water when the scale stopped working. Luckily I had two spare ones and could continue bur wasn't sure I had them.
Not finished yet - lard really takes very long to trace ...

This is why you don’t purchase colorant from Amazon:
B0B29848-6793-4279-8E9F-B1F316BEEC8E.jpeg

It’s supposed to be sky blue.

It is morphing so fast. It went from blue to brown to dark purple and even as I am typing it is becoming pink.

image.jpg

Well... it’s me thinking, why should I use this brand new mica when I have this random dye from amazon that is like six years old....

I remember now why I used it a few times and abandoned them. I have three reds and one purple left of it. Maybe I’ll make a batch of utility soap and throw them in for ‘fun.’

Ugh. Update on color

It’s a rosy pink.

Last edited:
This is why you don’t purchase colorant from Amazon:
View attachment 42429

It’s supposed to be sky blue.

It is morphing so fast. It went from blue to brown to dark purple and even as I am typing it is becoming pink.

View attachment 42430

Well... it’s me thinking, why should I use this brand new mica when I have this random dye from amazon that is like six years old....

I remember now why I used it a few times and abandoned them. I have three reds and one purple left of it. Maybe I’ll make a batch of utility soap and throw them in for ‘fun.’
Eeek!

Made some fizzing bath salts, and got those and the shower steamers labelled for the craft sale this weekend. I just have some lotion bars and lip balms to label and will be all set. Usually i'm scrambling at the last minute so this is kind of nice!

Made a batch last night. Frankincense and Myrrh scent. I was a bit tense since my last effort volcanoed. I was wondering, "What if I have lost my touch?" But all went well. In fact, it was one of the best batches I have ever made. As usual, I poured at moderate-thick trace. It was smooth and beautiful. It looked like lemon yogurt. I did something different for this batch. I actually paid attention to the temperatures! I let both the lye-water and pot of oils cool for about 30 minutes - no volcano! Right now, it is still in the mold. There's no more heat, but I am afraid to look. It's been way too perfect to now. I wish I had made a bigger batch - I only made 10 bars.

DSCN3460.JPG DSCN3464.JPG DSCN3470.JPG
I did a bunch of succulent soaps for gifts. MP Succulents stuck in oatmeal CP with WSP citrus basil scent.
Then did RE black cherry that traced too fast to swirl, so it is what it is.
Green was RE Evergreen Oasis mixed with Country Christmas that seized immediately, so I rebatched. Wanted a graduated green swirl, but ended up with bla green.
Last one is WSP Hot Buttered Rum. Took out of oval silicone molds too soon, so had to rebatch them too. Added some oatmeal. Still smells amazing.

Last edited:
View attachment 42452 View attachment 42453 View attachment 42454
I did a bunch of succulent soaps for gifts. MP Succulents stuck in oatmeal CP with WSP citrus basil scent.
Then did RE black cherry that traced too fast to swirl, so it is what it is.
Green was RE Evergreen Oasis mixed with Country Christmas that seized immediately, so I rebatched. Wanted a graduated green swirl, but ended up with bla green.
Last on is WSP Hot Buttered Rum. Took out of oval silicone molds too soon, so had to rebatch them too. Added some oatmeal. Still smells amazing.

They look so pretty!

—-

I was able to shift my slab, as soon as it hardens up a bit, it’s slice-town baby!

I completed rendering my leaf lard and strained it into three vessels. Two contain 400 g lard each and the small one 90 g. Looking forward to new batches of soap that are to be cured in mid-Decembre.
salo-20191106182717.jpg
That is some pretty lard!

My son is here for a few days for his college roommate’s wedding. Our time together is limited, but he asked if I would make him some soap so he could watch how I do it :). He picked coconut, lime and mint FOs and shades of lime green, sea green and a third darker green. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that I pulled off a pretty nice combo swirl using an ITP pour into a funnel pitcher and then side and corner pours.

Last edited:
That is some pretty lard!

My son is here for a few days for his college roommate’s wedding. Our time together is limited, but he asked if I would make him some soap so he could watch how I do it :). He picked coconut, lime and mint FOs and shades of lime green, sea green and a third darker green. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that I pulled off a pretty nice combo swirl using an ITP pour into a funnel pitcher and then side and corner pours.
Lime and mint sounds like a really nice fragrance combination!

Latest posts

Back