What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@cmzaha I do recommend the bubble doughs after all. I sold more of them today than soap. Kids would see the bright colours and come over, parents commented how they are good stocking stuffers and loved that it was something different they haven't seen before.
How did you package them. It is great to have kid stuff, they tend to drag over the parents!

Have been mia for a while. Here are some new soap I created this year within the past 3 weeks. Being a nurse manager is taking alot of my life. Really deciding to move back to bedside cares.

Attachments

• 20191027_144904.jpg
    20191027_144904.jpg
    424.8 KB · Views: 31
  • 20191020_084635.jpg
    20191020_084635.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 29
  • 20191012_185105.jpg
    20191012_185105.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 25
  • 20191020_085107.jpg
    20191020_085107.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 26
Have been mia for a while. Here are some new soap I created this year within the past 3 weeks. Being a nurse manager is taking alot of my life. Really deciding to move back to bedside cares.[/QUOTE
Have been mia for a while. Here are some new soap I created this year within the past 3 weeks. Being a nurse manager is taking alot of my life. Really deciding to move back to bedside cares.
I love your soaps! They are beautiful and quite creative. I hope making soap helps you tune out the stress in your life that I know you must be feeling. I was an ICU nurse for several years, then became a CRNA in the Air Force. As an officer I had leadership responsibilities thrust upon me early on in my career. But we also had years of formal leadership training to go with it. Anyway, there’s nothing like bedside nursing although our current system tries its best to keep nurses away from the bedside with mountains of administrivia, EHRs, and countless committees. I know being a nurse manager is one of the most difficult jobs on the planet and oftentimes you feel like you have no real friends to turn to. Plus the healthcare system as a whole is a wreck. If you haven’t already, take a look at https://www.kevinmd.com He curates a blog with articles by physicians and nurses that will resonate with you. After decades of extremely hard work and service to others, I’m so very glad I’m retired now. I pray you will find strength through God’s help to make it to that point also.

@zolveria the donuts look good enough to eat! And I love the frankensoaps hehe, so cute :)

Soapy thing:
Reorganized my cured soaps in boxes. They were all just sitting together there inside, now the vegan ones are separate, the ones I'm keeping to check in the future are separate, the ones for random gifting are separate, and the ones for home use are separate.

I need to make soap for Christmas gifts......

I made a batch of bath bombs :) . only about half of them didn't crack in half--but I think I know what I did wrong. it went much better than the kit I tried--haha they didn't grow out of the mold and get all pockey looking. And I THINK I learned a few things!!!! Now I need to go get some more BS to try again this morning.

I made a batch of oat milk, oatmeal and carrot soap yesterday because I wanted to try out the kaolin clay and sodium lactate that arrived last week. The clay did seem to absorb a lot of the liquid after it cooked which made the batter quite stiff even after I added the yogurt and coconut milk, but I was able to pour the batter into the mold after added the sodium lactate.

Made a batch of oatmilk soap based on a recipe from Kiwimoose.

Kitchen didn't go up in flames, it's in the mould and it's not trying to get out and attack the cat, so all's well.

And thanks, Kiwimoose

I tried finding Kiwi's post regarding the recipe and cannot seem to locate?

She sent it to me. I don't like the idea of sending it myself, because it's her recipe, but I'm sure she'd send it to you. It works very well.

I made a batch of bath bombs :) . only about half of them didn't crack in half--but I think I know what I did wrong. it went much better than the kit I tried--haha they didn't grow out of the mold and get all pockey looking. And I THINK I learned a few things!!!! Now I need to go get some more BS to try again this morning.
Hope you're not putting too much of that BS into your bombs! ;) Took me a few secs to figure out what you were talking about, lol!

And @sirtim100 and @GML I am happy to send it - did I send the whole recipe or just the link for the oat milk? You can tag someone in your post by putting @ in front of their name : )

Back