What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@cmzaha this is my first time making it, so I can't comment on how it will sell until after this weekend's market. It is a pain to make though, sooo sticky. I found it really difficult to scrape the sides of the bowl to incorporate the powder. I did try to masterbatch this and that could have contributed to my problems. I made 7 different colours/scents. It has to sit for 24 hours and should become more workable so i'll need to knead it a bit tonight before packaging for any colour that didn't mix in. I can let you know if they draw interest at the sale after this weekend.
I would love an update.

Test sheet for my lip balm labels printed perfectly so I went ahead and printed out all my labels. Turns out I put the labels in the printer backwards and of course I didn't look at the printouts until after I printed them all. There's no salvaging them. Craft sale tomorrow and those were my last sheets :beatinghead:

Turns out I put the labels in the printer backwards and of course I didn't look at the printouts until after I printed them all. There's no salvaging them. Craft sale tomorrow and those were my last sheets
Wait a minute! If you did as I have done and printed on the wrong side of the sheets, that peels off when you apply them. Just put the sheets back in with the good side up and print again.

Good afternoon,
Here are two more that I made. I'm so excited. Anyone else use melt and pour. I really can't wait to start swirls in CP.

I agree with a taller bar vs. a wider bar. I just ordered dividers for my Acrilic mold. I have a small one tho for practice soaps.

I think too it may depend on how you will creat your design and how you cut it.

What I love about my Acrilic mold is you can see the soap and easy to take apart
Beautiful! I especially love the red (my favorite color)!

Wait a minute! If you did as I have done and printed on the wrong side of the sheets, that peels off when you apply them. Just put the sheets back in with the good side up and print again.
Or they were placed correct side up but wrong side facing in the printer. I've done that but only with a test sheet. Very frustrating!

Test sheet for my lip balm labels printed perfectly so I went ahead and printed out all my labels. Turns out I put the labels in the printer backwards and of course I didn't look at the printouts until after I printed them all. There's no salvaging them. Craft sale tomorrow and those were my last sheets :beatinghead:
I know it won't help this time but, working in a print shop, what I do is print a test sheet any time you're putting paper in, any time you're about to hit print. It's better to waste one or two test sheets than to go ahead and print the whole batch wrong. So sorry this happened to you.

Last edited by a moderator:
RKzuVBt
RKzuVBt
pENrukq

Loving the color thanks to modernsoapmaking, but what's with the oxidation? EO's lavender, geranium, bergamot, sprayed with 99% alcohol, covered & insulated in oven. Thoughts?

Last edited:
full
Here’s my first attempt at ombré. I have no idea how I got the blue “mountains “ in the corner, but I really like them. The spout on my ao gave zillions of little bubbles, which are highlighted by my using a wire cutter. Sigh. I will recut them with a knife or something that will minimize them.

I also think that I didn’t pour closely enough down the side of the mold, causing the ombré not to be horizontal when I straightened the mold. Even though it wasn’t even, I really like how they turned out. This is my first round of colored soap that I like. Yay.

Last edited:
full
Here’s my first attempt at ombré. I have no idea how I got the blue “mountains “ in the corner, but I really like them. The spout on my ao gave zillions of little bubbles, which are highlighted by my using a wire cutter. Sigh. I will recut them with a knife or something that will minimize them.

I also think that I didn’t pour closely enough down the side of the mold, causing the ombré not to be horizontal when I straightened the mold. Even though it wasn’t even, I really like how they turned out. This is my first round of colored soap that I like. Yay.
I think they are very, very pretty! Great job

@Martha - lovely! I would like to try and ombre soap soon.

Meanwhile I cut my 'Eve's Garden' style soap to find that, yet again, I was too heavy handed with the amount of coloured soap versus white soap. need to learn to be more minimalistic. It doesn't look as I had planned, but I'm still happy with it, cos it looks pretty ( no glycerin rivers for once!).
IMG_1535.jpeg

I would love an update.

I sold a few today, there seemed to be lots of interest in them from the people that did stop at my booth. It was a good talking point with lots commenting that they had never heard of it before. That said, I didn't have much traffic today overall. It was a small sale, there was another soaper right beside the entrance and she did incredibly well catching people on the way in. I heard lots of 'oh, more soap' and walking right past. I was chatting with her later in the day, she said she has been there before and has repeat customers. I'm going to rearrange my booth tomorrow to feature my other bath products more to hopefully draw people in that otherwise might pass by if they already have bought soap. None of her soaps had any packaging at all, not even a cigar band. So no ingredients or weights or protection from people grabbing and sniffing.

Or they were placed correct side up but wrong side facing in the printer. I've done that but only with a test sheet. Very frustrating!

@Misschief is correct. Lesson learned, i'll always be printing a test sheet from now on and avoid packaging after midnight when i'm tired.I have more ordered and hoping they will come in by my next sale :)

Ashleigh, I'm so sorry to hear that. Super frustrating.

Thank you all for the kind comments!

Kiwi,
Beautiful swirls

full

I love them and think the organic forms are beautiful, good job.

Good morning, can someone tell me how to cut and paste others post that I am replying to. I hope that made sense

Hello, I just realized how to reply to a specific post with the clip of the post above my reply.

Latest posts

Back