What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So it was when you mixed the lye with the beer? Eek! I must watch out for that next time.
The beer wasn’t cold enough when I started adding lye. I left it in the fridge overnight so it would be flat, but then the beer reached reached room temp when I took it out to use. I left it out too long and should’ve put it in the freezer.

The beer wasn’t cold enough when I started adding lye. I left it in the fridge overnight so it would be flat, but then the beer reached reached room temp when I took it out to use. I left it out too long and should’ve put it in the freezer.
Hm, I leave my beer out on the kitchen table to go flat and mix in the lye at room temperature. I’ve done this every time and never had a lye volcano. I wonder if the beer wasn’t flat yet? I usually leave my beer to sit for several days.

Hm, I leave my beer out on the kitchen table to go flat and mix in the lye at room temperature. I’ve done this every time and never had a lye volcano. I wonder if the beer wasn’t flat yet? I usually leave my beer to sit for several days.

Linne1gi, do you cook yours (reduce it on the stove) to remove the alcohol? I know there are two methods (cook & no-cook)? Some just remove the carbonation while others do both (flatten and reduce it on the stovetop). I've only done the reducing and wonder how the beer soap is on skin w/out the reducing. Thanks in advance for your input.

Linne1gi, do you cook yours (reduce it on the stove) to remove the alcohol? I know there are two methods (cook & no-cook)? Some just remove the carbonation while others do both (flatten and reduce it on the stovetop). I've only done the reducing and wonder how the beer soap is on skin w/out the reducing. Thanks in advance for your input.
I pour out my beer in a shallow bowl, let it sit out for 3-4 days. Then I use it as is. I’ve never had it volcano and I’ve done this at least 10 times.

I left mine open for 24 hours. You may be right about not being flat or devoid of alcohol even though I simmered it for an hour. Who knows. I guess practice makes perfect.

I just finished my third GM HP soap--the first one I goofed but will wait until tomorrow to decide how bad it is (I used some mica in oil and it seemed to puddle in some spots and when I cut it oozed out :( )

Impatiently tracking my mica shipment from Nurture and making a list of the soaps I want to make. I've been watching too many soap videos lately, the list keeps growing for all the fun things I want to try.
I do that too! Altho I accidently left out a couple crucial micas on my table and my 4.5 yr old got to it dumped them in a pan and came and got me told me he made soap...can't be angry and the cuteness he did earn a time out. So I was waiting impatiently last week for my replacements. Eagerly waiting his return to preschool so I can make soaps and clean up before he gets home.

cleaning cleaning cleaning the soaping areas so I can make a batch and then wrap up what needs to be wrapped. organized all the soaps on the curing rack so everything that is ready at one time is together. am planning on freezing some GM to try making it that way--so far just using HP cuz I scorch the milk, wanna do CP and get a whiter GM soap that way.

Inventory done, ribs (dinner) rubbed down with Jerk spice, sourdough starter revived (hopefully it wakes up after 1.5 years), Keurig set up (John's birthday present)... not soapy, I know. Now, I'm trying to decide what's next - sugar scrubs? Conditioner bars? Lotion base? I think I'll just sit here and enjoy my cup of coffee and think about it for a while.

Latest posts

Back