What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just finished a Halloween soap scented with "Bite Me" and topped with vampire fang embeds, and a mango madness loaf.
How about a pic.gif

"What did you get?"

I got Absenth, tangerine dreams, clove, and black raspberry vanilla

I cant wait to get my mica order and make so pretty soap

I cut my new batch of rose soap. I decided if I call it 'Rosebud' that the pink blob could pass for a rose bud? It was a drop swirl that I was gonna do a chopstick swirl on, but because it seemed to 'drop' so well I decided to just leave it. Luckily for me the blobs do look like a rosebud shape ( I hope?)View attachment 41424
Yes, nice job! What fragrance did you use?

I cut my new batch of rose soap. I decided if I call it 'Rosebud' that the pink blob could pass for a rose bud? It was a drop swirl that I was gonna do a chopstick swirl on, but because it seemed to 'drop' so well I decided to just leave it. Luckily for me the blobs do look like a rosebud shape ( I hope?)View attachment 41424
Artistic license.....I do that a lot...anyway, I think they are lovely!

Got brave enough to post my first pic of my beginners soap creations...spot the glycerine rivers, and rebatches galore:oops:
View attachment 41432
I love your ambitious efforts!

Last edited by a moderator:
I made my first soap with nag champa fo from WSP......yes, it is! Fos are so much stronger in fragrance than eos.....especially nag champa, but it is a fave of my son...

Beautiful and they do look like rosebuds

No soapy for me today, have an epidural in one of my discs this morning so have been recovering from the meds they gave me. Tomorrow I am making a coconut milk soap. No Colors, just white.

It was a combo - I used Rambling Tea Rose 15g ( not sure of American supplier), Fresh Cut Roses (NG) 10g, Patchouli EO 5% (you can't smell it and it's a good anchor), Palmarosa EO 5g. Altogether it smells like roses!
Mind smells like a winner! :thumbs:
Beautiful! I still haven’t learned the art of blending fragrances.
Just do it! ;) Up your confidence and follow your nose. Set aside a morning or afternoon to "play". You may surprise yourself with what you create.

An easy start is using similar FOs/EOs as @KiwiMoose did. Then add an anchoring FO/EO to give depth and to help make the fragrance last. Patchouli is good. I like oakmoss absolute (10% in jojoba) -- plays nice with just about anything. Other anchors: Vetiver (herbal), Litsea Cubeba (May Chang) (citrus), Benzoin, etc.

There is something so relaxing about making just a solid color soap (In this case white) No swirls, no morphing. Dont get me wrong, I love being creative most times but tonight, just white coconut milk soap with some TKB white diamond glitter on top did the trick. it's in the mold

The pretty glitter never shows up well in pictures of the top of the loaf

coconut milk loaf.jpg

Last edited:
There is something so relaxing about making just a solid color soap (In this case white) No swirls, no morphing. Dont get me wrong, I love being creative most times but tonight, just white coconut milk soap with some TKB white diamond glitter on top did the trick. it's in the mold

View attachment 41458
I see the glitter somewhat. And I agree about single colored soap.

I’m diluting liquid soap by the ’lazy’ method, so this morning, while the coffee was brewing, I added some boiling water to the jar and broke up the mass a little with a spoon. I’ll check on it again tonight.

I managed to make a 20 bar batch of my soleseif with shea charcoal facial bars, 15 bars of my 59% shea butter and oatmeal bars, 2 batches of Dragon's Blood, Ice Tea Twist, and 2 batches I have not decided on.

I actually started out this morning to make the facial bars and that was going to be all since it is quite hot today. But after making a pouring error I ended up with the double batch of DB. I had oils in a bucket to make the high shea soap and forgot what all I put in after my daughter called. :beatinghead: So I set it aside made up another batch then remembered what I had done. :rolleyes: I now had another batch with 59% shea so I did up the double batch to cut the shea. Fortunately, it was a small batch than my regular so it worked out. Thank goodness I mark tare weight for my empty buckets.

View attachment 41458
My glitter lost its 'glitter' after the soap gelled :-(

Worried over the crust on my lye premix...tried desperately to search for what to do next and if its OK to use/leave the crust out/reheat it and see if it melts back in..., still no idea what to do...might have to start a new discussion on here...:p

Worried over the crust on my lye premix...tried desperately to search for what to do next and if its OK to use/leave the crust out/reheat it and see if it melts back in..., still no idea what to do...might have to start a new discussion on here...:p
It is Sodium carbonate ( washing soda), which is the same as ash that forms on soaps at times. It is a reaction from the carbon dioxide in the air and the lye. It is harmless and you can either strain it or mix it in the lye solution. However, it will not dissolve so many choose to strain the lye solution.

Back