What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Runnerchickie, those are beautiful soaps! I hope you'll let us know how they turn out after curing. I am soon going to be making a lavender soap...may I message you about your fragrance combination? I'm looking for something delightfully yummy and sweetly Lavender-ish. I have found lavender to be a challenge in the past!

Runnerchickie, those are beautiful soaps! I hope you'll let us know how they turn out after curing. I am soon going to be making a lavender soap...may I message you about your fragrance combination? I'm looking for something delightfully yummy and sweetly Lavender-ish. I have found lavender to be a challenge in the past!
Thank you! I used 50/50 of Lavender and Frankincense Frereana. These are going to be for my own use and I love how these two oils smell together. Plus they are both skin friendly. It was nothing fancy, but the bars smell amazing and I hope it sticks through the cure.

I'm just counting down the hours until I can go home and cut the soap I made yesterday, scented in Flowerbomb by WSP. I attempted a four color drop swirl with a base of titanium dioxide and a floral fragrance...so you can imagine it became a four layer "plop" swirl very quickly. I'm just hoping there are no big air pockets!

I made a fall themed soap tonight. Boy did it accelerate. My son’s favorite soap is an older formula of mine and it’s a bit high in cocoa butter. Always stiffens fast on me. We will have to see how it turns out.

I used a new TS mold from NS and it has a clear cover so at least I can watch it without peeking under the lid.

I got all my supplies gathered to make a 2 pound batch in my kitchen, then my 5 year old rocket vomits into my trash. After a LOT of barfing and a shower, to for him needless to say the soaping muse had left me. He's fine btw, no more after the initial one, but i am keeping him home from school today.

I made a fall themed soap tonight. Boy did it accelerate. My son’s favorite soap is an older formula of mine and it’s a bit high in cocoa butter. Always stiffens fast on me. We will have to see how it turns out.

I used a new TS mold from NS and it has a clear cover so at least I can watch it without peeking under the lid.
Be sure to post some pics!

I managed to take a photo of the rustic chocolate stout soap I made for my son. Was adding ground oats to the soap a bad idea? I hope they hold up without going moldy!

View attachment 41368

They shouldn't go moldy!

I have bars I made with steel cut oats (more is not better, it's like sandpaper with gravel in it LOL!!) I made two years ago... maybe a year, and there's no sign of mold on them, or DOS. :)

Well, yesterday I ordered 22 FO samples. Darn you sales! lol

And then I ordered 45 lbs of KOH.

My husband swears I'm on some kind of FBI monitoring list.

But I need it. Yes, I *need* it.

I'm not even selling soap.

I have a problem.

Is there a 12 step group?

Last edited by a moderator:
Be sure to post some pics!

Well ... feel free to laugh - I sure did! This is the first time I've ever used embeds. I miscalculated how much soap I'd need to cover the embeds, so they are short and stocky bars. Also, I should have waited another day to unmold and cut, but I just couldn't do it.:p I definitely think this is worth another try. I like the pumpkin in there, but I know I can do a better job if I use a different recipe that stays fluid longer.

I got this design idea from Yellow Cottage Soapery on youtube. It's not my original idea.

PumpkinSoap.jpg

Well ... feel free to laugh - I sure did! This is the first time I've ever used embeds. I miscalculated how much soap I'd need to cover the embeds, so they are short and stocky bars. Also, I should have waited another day to unmold and cut, but I just couldn't do it.:p I definitely think this is worth another try. I like the pumpkin in there, but I know I can do a better job if I use a different recipe that stays fluid longer.

I got this design idea from Yellow Cottage Soapery on youtube. It's not my original idea.

View attachment 41381
Totally cute!

Well, yesterday I ordered 22 FO samples. Darn you sales! lol

And then I ordered 45 lbs of KOH.

My husband swears I'm on some kind of FBI monitoring list.

But I need it. Yes, I *need* it.

I'm not even selling soap.

I have a problem.

Is there a 12 step group?
45 lbs of KOH! sounds like you will be busy!

Last edited by a moderator:
i think they are cute too--where did you get the embeds? are they soap dough?
They are the Wilton 24 mini pumpkin mold and I got it from Nature's Garden. I had to line them up in the mold (they are cold process.) I found a cylinder mold of the same shape and size and that would probably have been easier to put in a tall/skinny mold.

I should call this soap "The swirl that wasn't." Batter got too thick, and there are air pockets, and no swirl lol. Plus they are short. They smell good though. This batch will be mine. I'll try again for give-aways.

Back