What soapy thing have you done today?

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

Dawni

Reaction score
I have used rice water to make a soap - I have one customer who has pretty much been the only customer for that batch and she loves it because it feels much silkier and lasts longer than my other soaps (she says). Well, at a year old now it probably is going to be a pretty hard soap, lol.
Oooh I'm so glad you mentioned that. It really is my hardest bar and lasts forever in the shower. Also, with the problems I've been having with sweating, it's the one that does not. I was thinking I'll start using it in everything lol

Maybe the others who have tried it don't like that it lasts too long haha... lessens the chance of getting more soap from you ;)

runnerchicki

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Getting things ready for a double batch of my rice soap... Which I've named Extra Rice. I get giggles from others every time they see it on my handwritten labels.

Filipinos in general love rice (not me though lol) and if you come to our McDonald's or KFC they serve rice with the fried chicken and "extra rice please" is very commonly heard at the counters.

I know some, boys mostly, who order just one piece of chicken, and order two extra rice (comes in waxed paper packets) to go with it, on top of the rice that comes with lol

I use rice water total liquid replacement, rice puree and rice powder in my soap. It's the one soap I've been making over n over since I hit the perfect (for me) recipe and most my extended family is using it. It's a very hard bar, does not get as mushy as my others when left wet, the lather is silky, and my skin feels awesome after using it.

First time I'm attempting a double batch though, 2400kgs total batch size. Wish me luck!
I LOVE rice soap! Yours sounds luscious

View attachment 40919 View attachment 40920 Here’s the drop swirl soap I made. My first go at this technique.
Wowza ... looks amazing!

Last edited by a moderator:

Kari Howie

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
045EE995-29A2-40DC-AA02-1C8763FB9CC6.jpeg D2781F5E-84C8-4B74-A8CD-D006BEB2B503.jpeg Today I attempted another drop swirl. I foolishly used an accelerating FO. It caused the batter in the five pitchers of various colors I was using to thicken halfway through. I hope I got away with it. The last little bit was starting to rice and I SB’d most of it out. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Mooicle

Reaction score
View attachment 40925 View attachment 40924 Today I attempted another drop swirl. I foolishly used an accelerating FO. It caused the batter in the five pitchers of various colors I was using to thicken halfway through. I hope I got away with it. The last little bit was starting to rice and I SB’d most of it out. Keeping my fingers crossed!
Wow the top looks beautiful. I also tried to do a drop swirl today ( I tried it once before and it went ok...not great, but ok) because you inspired me. Well my batter accelerated (of course) and so my drop swirl turned into the plop in the mold. I still went ahead and muddled through and resisted the urge to use my hanger tool or any other swirling thing. The top looked divine...but we will see in 2 days what it looks like.

I am anxious to see what yours looks like.
:)

Kari Howie

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Wow the top looks beautiful. I also tried to do a drop swirl today ( I tried it once before and it went ok...not great, but ok) because you inspired me. Well my batter accelerated (of course) and so my drop swirl turned into the plop in the mold. I still went ahead and muddled through and resisted the urge to use my hanger tool or any other swirling thing. The top looked divine...but we will see in 2 days what it looks like.

I am anxious to see what yours looks like.
:)
I’m anxious (worried) too.

Lin19687

Reaction score
@Kari Howie you won't know till you cut ;) Sometimes they come out better !

NO cutting for me tonight, not there yet and 3 are still in molds.
I came home form work to take out of molds so I could cut after work but I don't want to chance it.
Early rise tomorrow ;)

Lin19687

Reaction score
@Kae no you can't keep that color.

I won't be able to cut till tonight, still a bit soft and I don't want to get too bad drag lines :(

I did order Shea butter today since my regular place will be out till mid/late Fall :(

Dawni

Reaction score
Finally got thst double batch of rice soap done! Pics later.

So you did get absolutely no color lol. Better than brown I think, and the soap looks nice :)

It's like that for a lot of natural colorants.. There's a lot of info around the board if you search, and a lot of recent experiments actually, there are certain ones that will give color.

Locally we have annatto, paprika, cocoa powder, turmeric, spirulina and moringa, to name a few.. Apparently black bean powder gives blue but I haven't tried it.

@Zany_in_CO are you gonna show us cut pics? :D

Latest posts