What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Scored 50 lbs of lye from my "dealer" for $45 and he threw in a gallon of 50% lye solution to boot. I gotta say it was definitely a "Breaking Bad" moment when my wife came in to where I was pouring it into containers wearing my gloves, respirator and safety goggles.

I found this hysterical! When I soap, in my mind I'm Walt :)

Also got some great buys at CoastalScents.com and BulkApothecary.com

What did you get at CoastalScents? Was it soapy related? I've only gotten makeup from there, so I'm curious.

I haven't done anything soapy related in almost two weeks! I hurt my thumb...see the doc on Thursday. In the meantime, I'm living vicariously through all of you...so keep the pics coming :)

What did you get at CoastalScents? Was it soapy related? I've only gotten makeup from there, so I'm curious.

Mostly EOs...half off. 10 ML bottles
Anise Seed 4.98
Ylang Ylang EO $7.48
Basil EO $4.98
Sandalwood $12.48
Palmarosa $4.98
Juniper Berry $4.98

As Jessie would say, "Let's make some soap, b!+(h3$!"

Last edited:
Scored 50 lbs of lye from my "dealer" for $45 and he threw in a gallon of 50% lye solution to boot. I gotta say it was definitely a "Breaking Bad" moment when my wife came in to where I was pouring it into containers wearing my gloves, respirator and safety goggles.

Oh yeah, I was so pure it was blue!

Polished and wrapped what feels like a gazillion bars of soap, basically rebatching a liquid soap past, well maybe not rebatch but attempting to up the sf on it, in the pot diluting now (almost done), made some emulsifyed scrub, and a ton of lotion for my neighbor..

Now im thinking I should clean up after myself, but hey the mess will still be there in the morning right!? It's not like I have a little soap fairy or anything...

I found this hysterical! When I soap, in my mind I'm Walt :)

They also have a pretty good regular price on citric acid. I tried to get some ca from them it said in stock and when I went to put it in the cart it said not available. I was hoping i could grab a bunch while it was 50% off but no such luck.

I made breast milk soap for someone. And there was still extra milk so I made lotion bars with them. My first milk soap. All went well, it looks good. We were a bit surprised that it is orange though.

I made breast milk soap for someone. And there was still extra milk so I made lotion bars with them. My first milk soap. All went well, it looks good. We were a bit surprised that it is orange though.

Haha, that's great. Then you could use it as baby soap and feel like that kid was getting nourished both inside and out.

I made my first batch of "workable" HP! I've made maybe 5 batches of HP (I'm a CP girl) and have been so discouraged at how hard to mold it was. I don't mind the rustic look, but I like to layer colors and do simple designs so I had to figure this out. Turns out all I needed to do was increase water and not overcook! Feeling the HP love now.

Just got my FO package from NG and done "sniff testing" to determine what I want to do. Other than 2 men's dupe fragrances I got Carmel cream, fresh strawberries, gourmet chocolate, & chocolate orchid. I was obviously hungry when I was shopping
The chocolate orchid reminds me of some of the Tokyo Milk fragrances I've come across in the past. Dying to test it!!!

After school yesterday I collected money from 2 commercial accounts and delivered more soap to them. Got orders from 2 people who teach/work at DH's school and he will deliver and collect for those today. Life is good. :) More money to spend on soaping stuff!

whoa, I have just made 4 layered cp christmas soap in a slab mold. i hope the layers are +/- even and neat when I unmold (was not successful with that on previous occasions, with the results unintentionally being closer to itp swirl ;)).
scented with vanilla, applejack and lemongrass/may chang blend. before pouring each another layer i have put the mold into the oven (40 degrees C) which helped them to settle down. will post results when its done, I'm so excited, I just can't hide it!:)

I got professional photos taken of my soaps! I'm doing a skills exchange with a writer/photographer. I edit his manuscript; he takes glamour shots of my soapy babies. He's the one who took the pic of my tattoos I use as my avatar.

Rogue I got the chocolate Orchid and did a test batch a month ago. I really like the scent! Still strong, darkens a lot but soaped great! I am gifting a few for Christmas. Hope you like it! I also got Honey Bunny. I will test that over the school break for Christmas IF I ever get my bucket of cocoanut oil in from Bulk Apothecary. I have been trying small batches of shaving soap for Hubby for Christmas gift. Waiting for the things I ordered for now and planning colors for my samples I am going to test soon.

I made 2 pounds batch of 100 percent castile soap 2 weeks ago ( hot process) . I coloured them with spitulina to make it green and the combination of patchouli, frankincense, ylang ylang and jasmine essential oil for the scent, smell heavenly.

Made two batches of salt bars and a batch of 100% coconut oil soap, used lavender and Amber fragrance, great smell.

June, I worry about soaping on granite. Do you. I'm always afraid that a spill will etch the finish.

Thanks; but I think I'll be OK. I add the lye to the water in the sink and then set the container on the S.S. cover on my range top until ready to add to the SB. My working area has at least 4 layers of newspaper, covered with two more layers of kitchen paper towels. So far, so good.

June

today's soaping activities

Not much to report today other than needing to clean and put away my bowls, etc. from the last soaping. They've been sitting the garage sink for a couple of days because we were so busy with other things as well as spending a lot of time with our son and daughter-in-law who were in town till yesterday.

I have to put away some of the new FO's and other things that arrived a couple of days ago and update my inventory list. If I have the time and the right glue, I want to glue a piece of doweling I cut to fit one of my hangers swirl hangers.

In the past few days I did make my first swirl soap (did a hanger swirl), and got that cut, and ordered a wire cheese cutter/soap cutter after not being happy how the old wooden miter box worked. I also had a couple of small order to open.

I hope I get around to completing my soaping "to do" list to today, since I had a horrible nights sleep and finally got to sleep at 4am and go up at 9! Needless to say, I'm running very late.

June

I cut the two soaps I made over the weekend - the tall skinny is Laura's Bastile, my sister asked me for it, scented with a rose FO that has rose essential oil in it, and the darker round is the Egyptian rose clay/madder root bar scented with rose geranium EO. My kitchen smells yummy!

roses.jpg

Latest posts

Back