What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL, my HP looked like that too, never what you hope for till the end.

I don't think you will see the smiles on the phone, try the computer.

@earlene & @amd always so neat with a list. My boxes and list for FO's is still where they were yesterday :(
I will have to bring the list to work and hope it isn't a busy day

Do you ever just sit there mindlessly staring at your creation until someone comes in and thinks you're mental? Clearly not understanding what your issue is?
All the time from my husband even though he enjoys seeing the cutting process!
Well either I am just getting too old to figure out how to follow directions (or I am glossing right past those icons) or I just need to try this on my computer instead of my phone.
GOTTA find those emojis!!!
You're glossing right over the icons. They’re right above the white square text box where you write. Tap on the little smiley above your text box, then it will pull up the emojis below your text box. You can do it! Don’t give up! :nodding:

All the time from my husband even though he enjoys seeing the cutting process!

You're glossing right over the icons. They’re right above the white square text box where you write. Tap on the little smiley above your text box, then it will pull up the emojis below your text box. You can do it! Don’t give up! :nodding:

I literally give up...I even look on my computer and no emoji friends. I LOVE emojis...especially the moving ones. This is sad...maybe I will go look at my soap.

This week should be fairly easy -
Washing dishes (why does this NEVER end?)
Making the sugar scrubs now that I have FO's figured out
Video editing
Packing for show this weekend.
Maybe making a couple of restock soaps

I'm right there with you on the dishes! They never end!

After much research and endless videos, I am making my first ever HP Goats Milk Soap.. fingers crossed.

Good luck! I did mine a couple weeks ago. Did 50% goats milk with oatmeal flour and honey as well. Added the honey and goats milk after the cook once it cooled below 180F or so. I didn't add any color and this is how it looked. I think the color was from the honey, but I'm not entirely sure!

PhotoPictureResizer_190701_164009151_crop_1468x1358-734x679.jpg

Good luck! I did mine a couple weeks ago. Did 50% goats milk with oatmeal flour and honey as well. Added the honey and goats milk after the cook once it cooled below 180F or so. I didn't add any color and this is how it looked. I think the color was from the honey, but I'm not entirely sure!

View attachment 40047
It looks really creamy. Nice job

My soap things today:

✓ planed & beveled eldest son's oatmeal soap; put into curing tray
✓ moved 3 curing trays to curing area upstairs & checked on the other curing trays
✓ chose basket for wire cutter wire making tool kit (awaiting a couple more tools to add to kit)
✓ sorted through 20 or more soaping containers; consolidated containers; tossed many things I don't want/need
✓ put sealed supplies into 2 drawers rather than boxes; boxes re-purposes for mailing soap
✓ received delivery of safety glasses order (darn-it, I ordered tinted safety glasses!)
✓ placed order for clear UN-tinted safety glasses (not the brand I wanted, but these will work over glasses, too)
✓ bring down lotion making supplies to evaluate what to take for granddaughter (she signed up for a workshop)
✓ re-organized/consolidated Fragrance bins to facilitate ease of use
✓ washed several small glass FO bottles & tops (will re-fill with FOs to use while traveling)
✓ started gathering soaps for family; my FB family group offer has produced 7 requests for more soap, so I am happy
✓ added small bags to shopping list - for gathering soap prior to giftings
✓ chose & packed FO's to bring for soaping with granddaughter
✓ discovered I really am out of Lavender EO (I kept hoping I'd find another bottle - I found 4 empty bottles!)
✓ consolidated bins of FOs & EOs brought back upstairs
✓ emptied 2 drawers in future soap room for soap supplies - FOs in bottom drawer
✓ made room for taller FO bottles & containers in another cabinet
✓ a few items of granddaughter's childhood chosen for donation, may give some to 1 year-old visiting on Wed.
✓ 12 boxes emptied going to recycle bin
✓ 7 small boxes reserved for mailing soap to family (7 takers = perfect!)
✓ moved a few items from floor to shelves clearing floor space upstairs
✓ worked on lesson plan for Soaping 101 & Lye Safety with granddaughter

Upstairs:

- check for more empty boxes (I know I have more I was saving for who-knows-what)
- look through soap molds to assess for keeping, tossing, recycling, giving away or whatever

Soap travel:

✓ chose & packed FO's to bring for soaping with granddaughter
✓ choose colorants to bring for soaping with granddaughter
✓ continue soap lessons plan for granddaughter (materials to bring, recipes, etc.) - lesson plan written
- re-package into smaller travel containers: additional items to bring for projects on trip
- evaluate lotion supplies for what to take for granddaughter (she signed up for a workshop)
✓ began a list of lotion supplies to bring for granddaughter - not completed

General:

✓ add re-order Lavender to my August To Do List
✓ make deodorant
✓ continue inventory reduction (toss/recycle/pkg to bring for granddaughter)
- update soap recipes with notes/photos as needed
- transfer micas to jars (added 2 more small bins for colorant bottles storage)
✓ partially cleared dining room table, only a few in-transit soap supplies are now parked

✓ watched a really long soap making video while taking breaks to cool off between the above-listed work

It's after 11 pm now & I am watching The Good Wife, so I may not get back to my list tonight. But I may have to, if only to clear a space at the D.R. table and the kitchen counter.

Edit: No, I stayed up late making deodorant, writing a lesson plan & clearing off the D.R. table until I could barely stay awake anymore.

I set a 1/2 batch of failed soap into my small crock pot. I don't think is is getting hot enough, as there are big chunks of unmealted soap in ti. I guess I will have to break out my soap pot!

Last edited by a moderator:
I moved from Washington to Arizona exactly one month ago today. I am in a temporary lease for three more months so I haven't unpacked everything (and do not plan to), but I found the box with my equipment and soap molds. Then I took a trip down to Arizona Soap Supply and bought some supplies. It was so much fun! I have never had the opportunity to shop for soaping or body care supplies in person before - always had to order online. I am super happy because I don't know how oils shipped in this blazing heat would do. But I will be soaping next weekend, yay! I've been playing with a few recipes on the soapcalc for the past four weeks and I'm anxious to try them.

View attachment 40047

Mmmm...they look like maple sugar candy!

I moved from Washington to Arizona exactly one month ago today. I am in a temporary lease for three more months so I haven't unpacked everything (and do not plan to), but I found the box with my equipment and soap molds. Then I took a trip down to Arizona Soap Supply and bought some supplies. It was so much fun! I have never had the opportunity to shop for soaping or body care supplies in person before - always had to order online. I am super happy because I don't know how oils shipped in this blazing heat would do. But I will be soaping next weekend, yay! I've been playing with a few recipes on the soapcalc for the past four weeks and I'm anxious to try them.

We just moved from Washington to Montana about 3 months ago!!

Did 8 batches last night.
Was too busy at work to pick FO's so I winged it and doubled up on some good sellers then made 1 extra of a new scent that I hope sells well.
2 Prayer soaps - new scents not knowing how they will behave. One of them was a mix of the 2 scents because 1 was too light a scent the other too strong.

Nice to "meet" a fellow Washingtonian!

Yes!!!!

Just cut my first ever attempt at a mica line soap. Used gold glitter and put some on top. I could stand here and cut soap for hours and get really caught up in how cool this whole thing is! Making soap I mean...
Notice the parchment now lining my baking sheets (insert smile emoji if I could find them)

Guess the mica line isn't as thick as I thought it would be (insert thoughtful emoji here since I can't)

15620858605884873226172660764143.jpg

Guess the mica line isn't as thick as I thought it would be
No, but it does look quite right! Too much thicker and your soap will fall apart. I think you hit the right amount of perfect for this one.

I ordered an over the door shoe organizer from Amazon (because I could get free shipping and I was too lazy to leave the house and go to WalMart), so that came in the mail yesterday. I hung it on my soap dungeon door and organized all of my colors into the pockets. Freed up half of my cabinet, so now I'm shopping for a better shelf to replace the two cabinets in that space. Much more fun than doing dishes.

Back