What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, sweets :)

Thank you @DWinMadison :)

I also associate blue with water, and for some reason, the masculine "green" scents n blues go together for me. Same for the resins..

Which would also go with red, in my book, together with spices and florals like Misschief mentioned. I guess it depends on personal taste.
Agree with you both. I think I ate too many Lifesavers growing up. Peppermint is blue, and spearmint is green :/ When I think “red” it’s cinnamon, cedar, ..then I got nothing. I know geraniums are red, but I just can’t go there yet. I do not like strong florals, but I’m thinking about a rose and black pepper kinda thing I want to try in a reds.

Agree with you both. I think I ate too many Lifesavers growing up. Peppermint is blue, and spearmint is green :/ When I think “red” it’s cinnamon, cedar, ..then I got nothing. I know geraniums are red, but I just can’t go there yet. I do not like strong florals, but I’m thinking about a rose and black pepper kinda thing I want to try in a reds.

peppermint is blue?? that is interesting

I include cedarwood n cypress in my blues. Also spearmint... Reminds me of a blue toothpaste lol

Peppermint to me is green or red. Rosemary, lemongrass and pine is green.

I think I could put lavender in blue too, depending on what it's mixed with.

We can start a thread on this and for sure there will be a whole slew of color to scent associations..

6D5A154F-4172-4243-94F0-937DF8C6916C.jpeg
peppermint is blue?? that is interesting
I know, right?

Very nice. Green is a much more natural color—it’s easy to pair with lots of EOs...rosemary, mint, clary sage, etc. Blues and reds puzzle me with how to scent them.

Do you only use eo and not fo? Misschief makes sense with what she has said. If you use fo i tend to go with a main colour that represents the scent so like cola cube i do as red and lemon sherbert yellow because that is the colour of the sweets i would definatly have to agree that blue is a kinda earthly and fresh related colour

They are called polos in the UK and they had a version that was the holes that were punched out the middle of the polos though i somehow doubt thats how polos were ever made but i believed it as a kid lol are your versions made by nestle too?

When I was little, there was a man at church that always kept Wint-O-Green’s in his pocket that he handed out to all the kids on Sunday morning. I HATE the flavor of wintergreen, but I hunted him down like bloodhound every week to get that piece of candy. Sadly, looking through today’s lens, that seems kinda “pervy” but those were simpler times and he was a kind man.

I offered to make some soap for a fundraiser for my daughter's Girl Scout Troop. This was the test batch! One is a chocolate mint, and the other is BB's (now discontinued) Lemon Cake FO. They both smell DIVINE!

full

First, they look awesome,and I know they’ll bring a great price at your fundraiser. I watched a vlog post from a lady this week on the topic of not over-buying FOs. As we say in the deep south, “Bless her heart.” She was surrounded by what looked like hundreds of bottles — drawers and drawers that she had purchased over time because the descriptions online seemed so inviting 8-|. Her point was that many of the fragrances people like in candles —foods and some fruits are often not the best choices for things to put on your body. I have a bottle of coffee FO that I’ve been reticent to use for anything but kitchen soaps. What do y’all think? I’m generally a clean-scent, only EO snob..but the price gap is pushing me start considering the virtues of FOs.

First, they look awesome,and I know they’ll bring a great price at your fundraiser. I watched a vlog post from a lady this week on the topic of not over-buying FOs. As we say in the deep south, “Bless her heart.” She was surrounded by what looked like hundreds of bottles — drawers and drawers that she had purchased over time because the descriptions online seemed so inviting 8-|. Her point was that many of the fragrances people like in candles —foods and some fruits are often not the best choices for things to put on your body. I have a bottle of coffee FO that I’ve been reticent to use for anything but kitchen soaps. What do y’all think? I’m generally a clean-scent, only EO snob..but the price gap is pushing me start considering the virtues of FOs.

I have used mainly FOs but find myself going with EOs lately. it is hard not to buy different scents to try but I am finding also that I am liking unscented a lot too

I have made a couple different batches of solid bubble bars the last couple of days. I wished I would have found out about these sooner--winter is more my bath time :) . I just finished making a batch using apricot freeshia--wow I love that scent

Do you only use eo and not fo? Misschief makes sense with what she has said. If you use fo i tend to go with a main colour that represents the scent so like cola cube i do as red and lemon sherbert yellow because that is the colour of the sweets i would definatly have to agree that blue is a kinda earthly and fresh related colour

They are called polos in the UK and they had a version that was the holes that were punched out the middle of the polos though i somehow doubt thats how polos were ever made but i believed it as a kid lol are your versions made by nestle too?

I posted on this earlier, but yeah, I’m a recovering EO snob. It just seems counter-intuitive to go to all the trouble to make a natural-ingredient soap then fill it chemicals belched from a lab on the Jersey Turnpike. And this is coming from a guy who thinks “organic” is another word for “marketing hype.” I’m seeking therapy for my issues.

I include cedarwood n cypress in my blues. Also spearmint... Reminds me of a blue toothpaste lol

Peppermint to me is green or red. Rosemary, lemongrass and pine is green.

I think I could put lavender in blue too, depending on what it's mixed with.

We can start a thread on this and for sure there will be a whole slew of color to scent associations..

It would be very interesting and constructive conversation to hold, if we don’t get flamed for dredging up an old topic. Never one to shrink from controversy... let’s go all #sonsofanarchy (one of my all-time favorite shows) and do it!

It would be very interesting and constructive conversation to hold, if we don’t get flamed for dredging up an old topic. Never one to shrink from controversy... let’s go all #sonsofanarchy (one of my all-time favorite shows) and do it!
I don't think we would.

There's a lot of different people now with a lot of different opinions to share.. I haven't actually searched if there is an old thread about color-scent association lol

Is there?

Latest posts

Back