What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I cut my soap today. Super chuffed at how the swirls turned out. I used Dragon's Blood FO and thought it might discolour but it doesn't seem to have (yet?).
I'm 3 months into my soaping journey and totally hooked!!
This soap is lard, CO, OO, cocoa butter, SWA, castor oil. Smells like Indian incense. Love it!
View attachment 37748

Beautiful! I would expect the white to turn brown over time and the yellow/gold will probably also darken. How dark would depend on how much you used and your vendor. I love Dragon's Blood, but, yes it will darken over time.

I cut my soap today. Super chuffed at how the swirls turned out. I used Dragon's Blood FO and thought it might discolour but it doesn't seem to have (yet?).
This soap is lard, CO, OO, cocoa butter, SWA, castor oil. Smells like Indian incense. Love it!
View attachment 37748
Oh my God...I love this

View attachment 37748
may I ask what technique of swirl this is please...I just love it

Last edited by a moderator:
I made lilac coconut milk soap yesterday. I'll cut it when I go home for lunch. I hadn't planned to make it - or well I mean it wasn't on my to do list, but two weeks ago I had set out everything to do it and had the mold lined and ready to go. It went quickly. I'll post pics when I cut. My first time using a "true" impression mat (with the impression coming out of the soap rather than going into the soap) and it went smoother than I anticipated. We'll see how it actually turns out.

I still need / want to make sugar scrub and lip balms this week. I still need to portion out my cocoa butter and tallow. Then I better do some masterbatching. I do have another soap I want to tackle this week too, an orange and green ombre soap with a mango ale scent. I'm custom blending the scent, so hopefully it turns out!

Really happy with how it turned out! A simple one color soap but the impression mat worked! And it was so easy even I could do it [emoji3]

I can't seem to attach from the app. I'll try this again...
IMG_20190325_123217.jpeg

Made a batch of zeawater orange soap. For accuracy used seperate containers for each oil for the first time. Boy I wish I had a dishwasher to clean-up all the dishes. Guess it could be worse, I could be afflicted with poly-oil syndrome like poor @KiwiMoose :p

Went and picked up my cosmetic grade soy wax today to my surprise it was in a big block not that it matters im sure i can find myself a cheese grater thats sole use is for grating soy wax. Because iv only got 500g im thinking of a small well 1200g total batch. Then i also want to try making a body butter/cream iv found a recipe for online and also lip balms. I got momentarily angered when i read a blog that said they will save the poor bees by using soy wax. She didnt state she is vegan and clearly doesnt understand beekeeping in the slightest. I do my beekeeping for the love of bees and i also understand the very importance of bees to the future of our food supplies. I will likely extract this year but i will only do it to supply friends and family with good local honey and will only take what they dont need. We have so many laws regarding sale of honey that i dont think its really worth my while trying to sell it.Maybe im just getting grumpy about it because i am anxious to see how my bees have faired through winter. They seemed ok last time i looked but didnt get much chance to check as they werent too happy about me being there. Sorry rant over Im going to pass the blame for that rant onto @LilyJo who yold me a monday rant was acceptable ;)

Went and picked up my cosmetic grade soy wax today to my surprise it was in a big block not that it matters im sure i can find myself a cheese grater thats sole use is for grating soy wax. Because iv only got 500g im thinking of a small well 1200g total batch. Then i also want to try making a body butter/cream iv found a recipe for online and also lip balms. I got momentarily angered when i read a blog that said they will save the poor bees by using soy wax. She didnt state she is vegan and clearly doesnt understand beekeeping in the slightest. I do my beekeeping for the love of bees and i also understand the very importance of bees to the future of our food supplies. I will likely extract this year but i will only do it to supply friends and family with good local honey and will only take what they dont need. We have so many laws regarding sale of honey that i dont think its really worth my while trying to sell it.Maybe im just getting grumpy about it because i am anxious to see how my bees have faired through winter. They seemed ok last time i looked but didnt get much chance to check as they werent too happy about me being there. Sorry rant over Im going to pass the blame for that rant onto @LilyJo who yold me a monday rant was acceptable ;)

I just came back from going thru one of our hives--the bees took off last fall. we are only going to run one hive so I came back with a bunch of nice clean white wax that I plan to use in some bath melts. Hope your bees are okay!!

I just came back from going thru one of our hives--the bees took off last fall. we are only going to run one hive so I came back with a bunch of nice clean white wax that I plan to use in some bath melts. Hope your bees are okay!!

Another beekeeper here - we are just into autumn here. I didn't do as much as I should with my bees this season but they are always very busy and the smell is wonderful on a hot day! Used a tspn of honey in some soap today and plan to use some wax later when I am calmer with soaping 'hiccups' that happen as I read beeswax can cause hiccups of its own.

I can't seem to attach from the app. I'll try this again...View attachment 37786

How did you get such a delicate white layer down first? Did you drip white into the lace?

View attachment 37748
Wow! Beautiful work.

But now you know that if it's good now it'll be great after :D

This was yesterday but got too busy to post. Infusions! Most for color, some for a balm I'm gonna try making..

View attachment 37748
Where do you get your dragons blood fo?

Trying to motivate myself to make soap today, and it is not going well. I cannot believe I have 6 bars of DB left and it is one of my best sellers. Spring show coming up early in May and soap is seriously low. I should Never run out of DB, Mango Papaya or Bonsai. All are top sellers. Need to make 25 lbs of DB... I am also out of lard, Sunflower Ho, and Canola HO. This is a bit of a problem. So it looks like I get to use AVO or Olive Oil and I hate OO in soap. I pretty much quit using AVO because it is getting to expensive to use in soap

Last edited:
Back