What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I definitely see sparkles on those little bees. Beautiful bars.

This will be my first attempt in this forum section.
So today I beveled my solesaife bars. They are a little bit brittle so not everything went perfect.
Colored with pink clay and cacao powder.

those look good enough to eat!!! love them

Tried my hand at cosmic swirl after some of the posts this week. Also trying my first cpop.
The GV shortening I found in the cabinet was in mint condition, so I reformulated to include it at 20%. Scented with cedarwood, spearmint, bergamot and rosemary.View attachment 36495
Those are pretty colours together - looks great! When do we see the cut?

The only soapy thing I've done today is plan out my weekend agenda, which includes masterbatched oils and making 2-3 batches of soap. I need to figure out scents. I have 1 blend for 1 batch, but I know I want to make a couple other batches, I just have to figure out what I want to do. I think 1 will be cupcakes, and the other a small slab mold I just bought at the dollar tree last night. Will probably only hold about a lb of soap batter, which will be fine. It'll be a good tester size!

Made a beer soap for a brewery. I wanted to make bubble scoops for my niece's birthday tomorrow, but procrastinated my way past getting that done... or do you think if I throw them in the freezer for an hour they'll setup? I use cocoa butter in my recipe so as long as the cocoa butter gets hard I should be able to package them I think. Hmmm.... Well, I'll try it tonight (maybe... kind of feeling like it's a cookies in bed night). Might tackle the DB soap that a customer is patiently waiting for me to restock - and my son's stash is getting low too.

Which site is that, Chris?

Supplies for candles also same company as soap supplies its better looking at the site on a pc rather than phone much easier to navigate. They have some absolutly amazing fo. My fave is sandlewood and black pepper. Best place iv found by far for fo

Sales probably no good for you as your gearing up to sell and these are end of lines discontinued dupes. Definatly recommend giving them a look though they have a big list of dupes of famous scents. Not had a single fo i havent loved. The cappincino one smells amazing and doesnt accelerate in soap. Iv a list somewhere of how well they behaved for me if your interested ill inbox it next week sometime.

Keep an eye out for a post about my palm free soaps once iv found a socket to plug my laptop in going to make a thread. Going to suggest something that might be of interest to you!

Supplies for candles also same company as soap supplies its better looking at the site on a pc rather than phone much easier to navigate. They have some absolutly amazing fo. My fave is sandlewood and black pepper. Best place iv found by far for fo

Sales probably no good for you as your gearing up to sell and these are end of lines discontinued dupes. Definatly recommend giving them a look though they have a big list of dupes of famous scents. Not had a single fo i havent loved. The cappincino one smells amazing and doesnt accelerate in soap. Iv a list somewhere of how well they behaved for me if your interested ill inbox it next week sometime.

Keep an eye out for a post about my palm free soaps once iv found a socket to plug my laptop in going to make a thread. Going to suggest something that might be of interest to you!
Intrigued! :thumbs:

Spent the afternoon in the shop. Made two new loaf molds (1 flat and 1 upright) with easy pull-out bottoms plus an insert like the nifty one some nice person posted earlier this week. It allows me to reduce the volume of my regular batch by exactly half for small and experimental batches without the need for another mold. Also made my first master batch of lye. Hoping to have enough steam to master batch my oils tonight too. That would clear the decks to make some soap tomorrow after church. This site is a wealth of resources and inspiration.
IMG_0742.JPG

Spent the afternoon in the shop. Made two new loaf molds (1 flat and 1 upright) with easy pull-out bottoms plus an insert like the nifty one some nice person posted earlier this week. It allows me to reduce the volume of my regular batch by exactly half for small and experimental batches without the need for another mold. Also made my first master batch of lye. Hoping to have enough steam to master batch my oils tonight too. That would clear the decks to make some soap tomorrow after church. This site is a wealth of resources and inspiration. View attachment 36838
Nice Job! They are beautiful!

Those look great.. Makes me wish I had the skills and time to make some for myself lol

And I hear ya on consistency and reducing waste. That's the reason I was using only recycled molds til my sister gifted me the silicone ones. They were all the same milk carton and margarine tub brand for consistency :p

Those look great.. Makes me wish I had the skills and time to make some for myself lol

And I hear ya on consistency and reducing waste. That's the reason I was using only recycled molds til my sister gifted me the silicone ones. They were all the same milk carton and margarine tub brand for consistency :p

Well, when I drop 12-13 bars at a time and something goes wrong (color is off, fragrance fades, trace excellarates or any of a dozen other things) I’m stuck with a lot of less-than-ideal soap to use.

Does anyone else here not gel? I don't anymore. I soap at 85 degrees F, and pop it straight into the freezer for 24 hours. So easy, and I love the soft pastel colours it produces and that I'm sure the fragrance is stronger and lasts better then the insulation method.
This is my latest made with almond milk, orange colouring and fragrance. I make lots of milk soaps including goat, almond and coconut.

Attachments

• 20190224_143525(1).jpg
    20190224_143525(1).jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 20
Back