What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yesterday we went on a grocery shopping marathon and I found a new-to-me soaping tool at TPC Cash & Carry (restaurant supplies). As soon as I saw it my first thought was 'how cool this will be for soapmaking.' I have plans to give it a try in the next couple of days. Actually I bought 4. They are squeeze bottles with a three-hole lid, so it will squirt 3 lines at the same time instead of just one line per squirt. I am planning to use these for the striping designs in soap. I can alternate the colors and possibly save a lot of time. Well, anyway, that's my hope and it's always fun to try something new.

OH? The stuff I've read says Black Raspberry and Vanilla discolours dreadfully! I've got some here incidentally - next on my list to try.
I use BRV for soapsupplies.net, not sure if she ships to your part of the world, but if she does it is a very popular fragrance for me with no acceleration or discoloration

@KiwiMoose

I use BRV from Peak and it's never discolored. Nor has the one from Nurture Soap. I know you're not in the states but I've not had one discolor yet. And it's a slow mover. Lots of time to play.
Mine is from candle science apparently. They say it does discolour, but that's ok, I'll use it for my Feb Stone Soap Challenge!

I'm definitely on the mend so this morning I made a small batch of shampoo bars just so I could get a feel for the recipe. The recipe is from DIY Bath & Body on Etsy (I love her recipes!). It came together way faster than I thought it would. My molding abilities leave a lot to be desired. Now, I need a nap.
20190215_103115_HDR.jpg

@ midnightsoaper this soap looks ...appetizing to me ...yummie!:thumbs:

i set up my new working space last weekend and today i gave a first try working there, to see if everything is in reach, what humidity and temperature it gets in the room etc.
As premiere project I made two batches of pre-bloomed bicarb, for a new bath bomb design idea i have in mind - i made green an black. it was the first time i mixed green by myselfe with my dyes an i was very supriesd that it tured out i had to take one spoon of blue to 20 spoons of yellow to get the green i want :eek: (a real gras green).
i hope tomorrow i can go on and mold bath boms with the mixtures and try some diffrent desigs with green and black.

Haven't soaped in months and just cannot get motivated, but I am making a 100% OO that will be ready next year.

ETA: I had to go back to 100% OO, because I just cannot find a single oil replacement. Some of you may remember I tried Avocado 100%, well after 2 years it still only lathers with a bath pouf, but does feel really nice and leaves the skin quite soft

I got to use my cutter again. It was a little harder for this loaf because I put it up n the refrigerator because I was afraid it was going to be too soft, now it was HARD for the cutter to go through but it did without breaking a wire. Here is my soap on the cutter.

I finally got to use mine on a round loaf---its the first time I have gotten an even slice on my round loaf YAHOO!!!!

Haven't soaped in months and just cannot get motivated
It hasn't been months for me, just a week, but feels like months.

Tonight's work will be masterbatching oils, doing dishes (sweet nothings are no longer calming the angry crockery), and I think the lemon poppyseed soap. I'm meeting up with a brewery tomorrow to get beer, so I'll be making beer soap later in the weekend. I have a 3-day weekend, but I also need to finish a book I'm reading because a new book I really want to read is released on Tuesday. So I'm trying to decide how much time I want to spend soapmaking vs reading. I have another misc list of things that need to be done for the soap business, YT vids to edit and stuff like that so I have to fit that in there as well. Sigh. I need a clone who has more motivation than I actually have.

2208066A-36CC-44ED-B0C0-001CA5E27043.jpeg 1E193D31-4AB6-4F57-9B7C-67FF5CB945F5.jpeg 24FA2395-5A0C-4390-99DD-13DB5D6985FD.jpeg
This took months to get all the embed molds from Ali Express and micas from mad micas. I know the mermaid thing has been done to death but I have a 9 yo daughter and I love folk tales especially Irish ones. I fragranced with 8th and Ocean which ended up accelerating at room temp and then tried to over heat and now it’s in my fridge. I had to force the tails in it hardened up so fast. I did have a significant amount of hard oils which probably didn’t help. 2:1 water:lye half coconut milk half water. Next time I’m using Avalon fragrance oil. Leftover soap on a stick batter is going to be melted down tomorrow and turned into sugar scrub scoops.

I am here contemplating some soap making. I have been very erratic in my endeavours and so miss a bar of handmade soap in the shower. I ordered some beatuful oils late last year from Nurture Soaps and I really need to try some of them

View attachment 36374 View attachment 36375 View attachment 36376
This took months to get all the embed molds from Ali Express and micas from mad micas. I know the mermaid thing has been done to death but I have a 9 yo daughter and I love folk tales especially Irish ones. I fragranced with 8th and Ocean which ended up accelerating at room temp and then tried to over heat and now it’s in my fridge. I had to force the tails in it hardened up so fast. I did have a significant amount of hard oils which probably didn’t help. 2:1 water:lye half coconut milk half water. Next time I’m using Avalon fragrance oil. Leftover soap on a stick batter is going to be melted down tomorrow and turned into sugar scrub scoops.
This is stunning, I admire your work, I so want to do an ocean scene for my 5 yr old granddaughters b-day in May and she informed me that she is having a mermaid theme party . How did you get the awesome bright colors for the embeds if you don't mind sharing? I can only hope that mine will be near as nice as yours.

Cleaned up dishes from last soapmaking. About to MB oils and lye (I go through it fast these days), line molds and generally get ready to soap tomorrow. Never ending cycle these days.

Latest posts

Back