What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This morning I “looked” at the soap I made last night. It’s a good thing I was running late to get out the door to my “real” job because I sure wanted to Unmold and cut! But I resisted and walked out the door to go to work. Can’t hardly wait to get back home so I can cut soap before cooking supper for the family.

Attachments

• 8F27FA70-1E9B-4918-A3F2-1F535D84328A.jpeg
    8F27FA70-1E9B-4918-A3F2-1F535D84328A.jpeg
    33.1 KB · Views: 34
  • 385AA8AF-3858-4219-9008-FF83E3FA3AAA.jpeg
    385AA8AF-3858-4219-9008-FF83E3FA3AAA.jpeg
    36 KB · Views: 37
I can't find my previous post lol but the soap I spoke about is ready to show off in the gallery.

I didn't have internet for most part of yesterday until the morning. Needless to say, everyone in the house slept early lol

Im english so youll have to excuse my ignorance is dawn just washing up liquid brand name?
Lol did ya think they hire me to do their dirty dishes? :cool::p

Can't hardly wait to get back home so I can cut soap before cooking supper for the family.
Ooh the top looks pretty! I'm excited as well.

And your cutter is just awesome :D

Making Confetti Soap tonight! I decided on a floral fragrance - a mix of any sweet smelling fragrances I have (lilac, fairy garden, honeysuckle, jasmine, ginger lime, vanilla). I paid NO ATTENTION to acceleration notes on the bottle! Nor did I pay attention to discoloration! I’m using TD to hopefully whiten the background/base. Fingers crossed! It could be a masterpiece or a total disaster!

Edit: Soap cut and I’m really happy with it!

View attachment 35063

That is pretty

I got to use my cutter again. It was a little harder for this loaf because I put it up n the refrigerator because I was afraid it was going to be too soft, now it was HARD for the cutter to go through but it did without breaking a wire. Here is my soap on the cutter.

Attachments

• AA108191-D57E-405C-9E25-AAC56427CAF2.jpeg
    AA108191-D57E-405C-9E25-AAC56427CAF2.jpeg
    47.5 KB · Views: 77
  • 8D23445D-A7E3-4988-8BD4-B6C3C44A4E90.jpeg
    8D23445D-A7E3-4988-8BD4-B6C3C44A4E90.jpeg
    56.5 KB · Views: 66
  • 6B6B3855-C3BB-4F78-8A07-693F816A1BBB.jpeg
    6B6B3855-C3BB-4F78-8A07-693F816A1BBB.jpeg
    35 KB · Views: 66
nice--I made a cutter that's similar--minus the bottom of it. I usually set the soap on something to get it to cut thru. I might just try to add the bottom--looks good. did you just glue the little pieces of wood down? smart move making yours longer. maybe I just need to do another one!! I had all the lumber laying around and got a deal on the guitar strings so it was around $10. I love it. I was pretty awful at cutting straight bars before. I even tried a miter box and while it helped it still wasn't good enough. have been meaning to do a round bar to see how it goes. am wondering how thin you can go with the wire? I used 016 but I work by someone that tunes guitars and one of my coworkers has been saving me all the wires that break (still long enough for my use) some of it is awful thin though.
Yes, I glued the small wood pieces down with gorilla glue. Once I know for sure this will work I will probably add 2 small wood screws to each one to make sure they stay secured. I’m glad I made it longer because I can always add more wire if I decide to make a bigger loaf at some point. I think I will need stronger wire like guitar wire at some point but for now I at least have a working prototype.

Not an entry for the challenge at all considering I did not "make" these.. Just molded together some scraps from recent soaps, both HP and CP, to get an idea of what colors to use with the limited colorants at my disposal, what "technique" is best, what consistency of the soap is good to make stones out of...
_20190213_133341.JPG

I got to use my cutter again. It was a little harder for this loaf because I put it up n the refrigerator because I was afraid it was going to be too soft, now it was HARD for the cutter to go through but it did without breaking a wire. Here is my soap on the cutter.
These are beautiful! I love the contrast between the creamy white and the other (gelled?) part.

I unfolded my white soap today! Pics on the Photo Gallery thread.

I cut my goatmilk powder and coffee bar.I love how the cream colour was vibrant because I tossed the batter into the fridge right after pouring into the mould.Combo of FO oatmeal milk and honey and cafe .......smells awesome......Now I am getting addicted to tossing every bar into the fridge

Attachments

• 20190212_191212.jpg
    20190212_191212.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 32
I got this idea from a YouTube video by Kathleen (that's all she calls herself). Painted mica mixed with alcohol, copper on the wings, deep gold in the bodies, and a light gold just sprinkled all over the molds. I will add a nice honey FO from Elements, make it with goat's milk and real honey. Might get the soap done tomorrow. I'll post the soaps when I unmold.
20190213_144417.jpeg

I haven't made a proper loaf of soap this month and had to remedy that! I've only made and played with soap dough the last couple weeks. This is my first tall & skinny, just got the mold this week.

Scented with Fresh Picked Watermelon from WSP....accurate if they mean a watermelon cough syrup fresh picked off the shelf. Still smells good, but fresh watermelon it is not. I'm very impatient to cut this one (honestly, I'm impatient with them all!). It has seed embeds I molded from soap dough. It turned out a lot pinker than I intended. I'll post the cut in the gallery tomorrow.

32147029317_348f15358a_c.jpg

Latest posts

Back