What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im feeling a little better thanks

I got my stamp from the joom app think it was about £2-3. Im still trying to get to grips with the best time to stamp tbh i lost the stamp for a few weeks so not done much testing. I think it really depends on your recipe and how quickly it hardens when i have stamped them about a day after iv cut but i gel my soaps and they seem to harden pretty quick

I'm glad you're on the upswing! :thumbs: Thanks for the Joom app info. I haven't tried stamping yet. But when I cut the day or two after pouring seems like my soap is pliable enough. But I keep trying different recipes so.... hard to tell. o_O

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Meena. I'd appreciate it. What I think is partial is in the area where it's slighty darker in the cream color.

Sorry for the delay -- here it is:

I made a test batch of CP soap with lanolin in it. This soap is intended for my mom, who purchased a bar that she liked for dry skin some time (years?) ago from someone at a farmer's market. She thinks it had lanolin in it.

Let us know what it's like! I bought a jar of lanolin when I thought shampoo bars were a good idea, then returned it after 3 more days of research and some comments from very experienced soapers here. Didn't think about it for soap. It wasn't 'lanolin liquid wax' though, mine was like a butter.

I'm running my tools that I used 2 days ago through the dishwasher a second time. All but some silicone molds which I hand washed last night. I didn't wash with any dish soap first time, my thinking being I already had soap on every bowl etc. But came out with film on every thing. Running a second time short cycle.

Be careful not to put micas in your dishwasher! Some folks have come up with quite a mess.
Might want to hand wash anything with remnants of colorants --unless they're food colorants maybe?
I'm a hand-washer, so this is second hand from this forum. :)

Nothing soapy today been painting dog sitting and made some monkey fart candles when i got home. Going to make sure iv got at least a full batch of all my candle scents. Been asked for some samples of them plus am running low and really have no intention yet to clean all the soaping dishes. Plus im waiting for my lye and koh to arrive

Unmolded my orange bars that used my stnd recipe. Came out lil ragged this time for some unexplainable reason. :mad: Better start using salt.

No

Not telling :)

I have just cut it - but heading off for work now so will will take some pictures tonight. Stand by @Zing!
You tease you

This morning at church was the auction kick-off event where I've got my soaps and lotion bars on sale. It's an online auction but several donors including me had their goods on display to drive people to the website. If I do it again, I'd have brought more and taken on-the-spot sales. Sometimes old school is more effective.

I'm setting up the barbie Martha - you bring the steaks!

Since you’re in summer, I’m definitely coming. Will bring the steaks and we can wash up with the wagyu soap afterwards. :D

I see your cows too! :p The soaps do look like fatty steaks! I wonder if there is a way to process the tallow that will remove the odor?

I think the smell might have to do with either the quality meat or where on the cow it was taken. I was talking about rendering tallow with a friend (only this group wouldn’t think that was weird) and she had a batch that smelled and one that didn’t at all. If I could find fat that didn’t smell, I might try it again. But I found the smell during rendering truly vile.

Thought more about making the LS -- not sure what the stymie over it is :confused:... have had the KOH for days.

Admired my soap stones, and looked in on the sleeping batches #1 through 7. No snoring, thank goodness.

Still out of stock on one of my primary oils, so ...

Made 7 sub-folders and started organizing my 240 soap-related favorites links into them, so I can find stuff faster, and it's all nice and logically grouped. (I'm a darn accountant, what do you want?? :rolleyes:)

Last edited:
DC073DA5-12A5-4DDF-9863-88F7BD9AFD47.jpeg

6B33E1D7-A91D-4550-A73A-652DDA0F9FB3.jpeg

I made a wire soap cutter today....and it WORKS!!! I’m so happy! Spent under $40! I also made Coffee Latte Soap (so I could try out my new cutter) and it smells delicious!

View attachment 36142

View attachment 36143

I made a wire soap cutter today....and it WORKS!!! I’m so happy! Spent under $40! I also made Coffee Latte Soap (so I could try out my new cutter) and it smells delicious!
Such skills! Well done!
And that soap looks great - I bet you could wait to cut it to see the inside. Love how you've got that border around it.

Back