What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you!! It’s a combination of remains of beveling my soap and shaving up of over-pours of soap before I knew how to measure molds accurately. I have a small collection of silicon molds of various shapes for leftover batter that I use.
What a great idea! Will start saving the bits & pieces.

More wicky-wicky-what! Supposedly the rosehip powder colorant moves in from the edges! I hope you can see that in the bottom photo. I should have a time lapse camera. Seriously, when I blended the colorant in, it disappeared and was just the normal melted oil color! I scented with clove and spearmint.
20190114_102053.jpg 20190114_193813.jpg

More wicky-wicky-what! Supposedly the rosehip powder colorant moves in from the edges! I hope you can see that in the bottom photo. I should have a time lapse camera. Seriously, when I blended the colorant in, it disappeared and was just the normal melted oil color! I scented with clove and spearmint.
View attachment 35086 View attachment 35087
I imagine it will all darken as it’s exposed to air and dries?? Regardless - I really like it!

I just came up with an idea for my Dots soap. It will definitely be a challenge and I hope I can pull it off.
Share.....share....PLEASE!!! I am struggling and I’ve scoured the. internet for inspiration. :beatinghead:Kidding of course but seriously - I’m having a hard time

Share.....share....PLEASE!!! I am struggling and I’ve scoured the. internet for inspiration. :beatinghead:Kidding of course but seriously - I’m having a hard time
Now, why would I do that? If I shared my idea, it wouldn't be a surprise, would it? What I will say is that it's going to be a process. The first stage will take at least 2 days to firm up enough for the second stage. It came to me this evening while I was browsing Pinterest (although nothing I saw there inspired it).

The first stage will take at least 2 days to firm up enough for the second stage.

Hmm ... That sounds suspiciously like the thought I was having today, too. I've been thinking that I didn't have a good enough idea to enter. Then I had this idea. It would be funny if we both hit on the same technique.

I cut a loaf of lemongrass verbena fo, I was hoping for a nicer swirl, feels like I have lost my swirl mojo lately. Regardless I really like the scent. I also got ingredient lists for several soaps ready for label printing.

Hmm ... That sounds suspiciously like the thought I was having today, too. I've been thinking that I didn't have a good enough idea to enter. Then I had this idea. It would be funny if we both hit on the same technique.
It won't be the first time that's happened. I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone comes up with.

Okay, 2 hours later and the middle beige part is now reddish but not as red as the outer rim. This is ca-razy!

wow, what a big block! ... forgive me, but "whole lotta rosie" came to mind (all you AC/DC fans out there :thumbs:) lol

Made my first soleseife soap last night. Will see in a couple of months, but this being my 2nd batch of soap, so far I consider it a success.
I divided the batter in half and put some aloe in one of them (pureed leaves -- should have really just gone with the gel, since I don't really like *stuff* in my soap.... but I was pretty bad at cutting the gel out so just ended up pureeing the whole leaves). Curious to see whether it makes any difference in the feel of the soap.
The color is from infused annatto seeds, and I like it even if it fades a bit.

View attachment 34829

What a riot, I just wrote myself a soleseife recipe tonight for my 2nd batch of soap! Yours are super-pretty. Did you use a stamp or woodcut for the intaglio, or were these relief molds?

Made a lard, sunflower, coconut oil with poppy seeds as an exfoliator and its curing - you would swear I had just given birth by my reaction when I went to the cupboard the next morning to see if it had hardened (did a whole pink panther thing) and it was - woke the house up with my screeching and congratulating myself.
What can i say - i have accepted my instability and relish it :)

Back