What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whoa, I just unmolded my very first Cold Process Soap. 100% Olive Oil . . . probably a mistake for my first try. It's okay. Some pieces broke off but I'm hoping it will be okay. M&P , I'm doing okay. I had one batch yesterday that set up super quick but I had decided to try using almond oil to mix color . . . not sure if that was the problem but I won't do it again. LOL ! I'll go back to using alcohol as suggested.

I made white tea and ginger (BB) scented soap last night. My first mid week soaping. I'm usually so exhausted from work that I wait until the weekend, but the next 3 weekends are busy and coming here has inspired me to do what I love, which is making simple great smelling cp soap for me and my family to use daily. I poured into a simple silicone flower mold. I have 3 silicone molds that I use all the time. Basic bar shape, heart, and flower. Husband's soaps are all bar shaped. Then I rotate heart and flower mold for us girls. It makes it easy to grab them from the shelf and know whose is whose without smelling. ;)

Tuesday night I premixed 6 batches of powder for bubble scoops. Last night I made 3 batches of scoops: Gold is Amber Romance (I can't sell the FO in soap but scoops sell out every time), yellow is Sunflower type, and pink is Wild Currant & Sandalwood. Tonight I will be doing 3 more batches, hopefully all will dried enough to package on Friday night for Saturday's show.

ETA: photos (geesh it's been one of those mornings!)

Attachments

• amberromance.jpg
    amberromance.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 17
  • sunflower.jpg
    sunflower.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 18
  • wildcurrantsandalwood.jpg
    wildcurrantsandalwood.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 17
@msunnerstood so did you grind ? Such a hassle to grind when I did them before.
Also, curious how much FO are you using. I can't seem to get mine to stick but I think I am using too little.

Today I hope to get some soaping done but DD has a Dr. Appt so maybe not

@msunnerstood so did you grind ? Such a hassle to grind when I did them before.
Also, curious how much FO are you using. I can't seem to get mine to stick but I think I am using too little.

Today I hope to get some soaping done but DD has a Dr. Appt so maybe not

These were just small test batches With a standard 16 oz of epsom and a small amount of other ingredients. I used 2 ml of fragrance And it seems to be pretty strong. I ground the yellow/orange ones and it really did define the detail. Those ones are scented with lemongrass grapefruit.

mmmmm I can smell it lol, I love lemongrass.
Thanks. I will try that. I like to do small batches since I don't do them often. They wouldn't sell well in the Summer but will in the Winter ;)

I wrapped bubble scoops and heat shrinked them... all 113 of them. I was going to do three more batches last night, but then decided not to. I'll see how these sell on Saturday, and then decide if I need more for the next week's show. It took me a bit less than an hour to mix up and scoop out 3 batches and about an hour to wrap and heat shrink them the next day, so I should be able to manage to get three more batches done next week if I need to.

November's list of soapy things is pretty short: My annual batch of cream soap, I'd like to get February's club soap done (but I haven't been inspired yet), a charcoal soap, a few brewery soaps, and my first attempt at pine soap. I do have a few batches of lip balm left to make too. Otherwise I'm pretty much winding down for the year. I don't have any shows after this weekend and next, until next June so I'm hoping to sell out of this year's stock and start fresh next year with a somewhat new product line. We'll see how that plan works out hahaha.

On the docket for today is making a batch of charcoal face soap. I'm attempting to semi-duplicate a boughten bar my BF loves for his face. Coconut, palm, rice bran, shea, and I'm going to throw in a little neem just for funsies. The original bar has argan oil as well but I don't really think leaving it out will make any real difference - plus it's just so expensive!! It's not an expensive bar to buy but why buy soap when you live with a soapmaker XD

Also might try a high shea recipe and one of my FOs that I've had sitting around forever because I buy too many to keep up. Oops! I'm thinking it might be a two-soap day but we'll see. Truthfully I just want more excuses to use my fancy new single wire cutter! I love it. It was SO worth it!!

Latest posts

Back