What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Things I should be doing:
Making labels for brewery soaps
Packaging and sending out orders
Making 3 custom orders
Making November soap of the month
Making bubble scoops
Getting ready for show on Saturday

What I'm doing instead: trying not to die. (Sorry to whine... this is the sickest I have been in 13 years... and so much stuff I would rather be doing... and my husband, bless him, has been holding the fort with four children in the house, and he is exhausted.) Sigh. Today I start handing out jobs to get some of my stuff done. Kids can pack orders, right? Some stuff obviously won't get done (scoops and soap), but the rest of it I think can be done with supervision from my death bed.
sorry to hear you are sick.Let the fam jump in and help ad get better.

Made some yummy looking laundry soap out of scraps. I shredded some, left some in big flakes. Made a batch of half coconut, half lard soap with 10% lye excess, to counteract the superfat in the soap. Scented it with blood orange, poured it on, stirred it up some, to get it all distributed, and left it alone. I tried to make the bars as cube shaped as possible, because I want to use it for dishes too with a little brush, and thought that would be better than a flat bar.
20181011_153830.jpg 20181011_153918.jpg 20181011_154010.jpg 20181011_154055.jpg

Prepared 12 pieces of soap from kombucha tea, Olive oil, sunflower oil, Argan oil and cocoa butter.
My next try will be kombucha tea + olive oil + cocoa butter + black seed oil + palm oil and Sun flower oil.

Well, I'm supposed to be resting after a head injury, but I had to make soap!!! I've tried hot process for the first time to make a dog shampoo bar, which was interesting, and I keep receiving new stuff I've ordered to produce a new artisan stall display. Super excited about that...I get to paint stuff! And bonus points to my husband who is currently doing the school run, as he's feeling sorry for me. All in all, not a bad day ;-)

Well, my plan to get the family to help with soapy endeavors backfired. They were most unhelpful, with the exception of the daughter (she's the only one that I can claim was raised by me, so yay for good parenting?). So daughter and I got labels made, pictures taken, and soaps packaged for two new soaps. She took over packaging the His & Hers soap set, and did a super cute job with it. She helped me check the display tags for my shelves and make new ones (she even super organized it to work with how things are packed in the totes, in some cases re-organizing the totes), and helped me pack orders. I'll be taking those to the mail tonight.

Tonight will be packing up for the show, video editing, updating some things on the website, and finishing the brewery labels. The first round of soaps is almost ready to go - I'm super excited! Maybe tomorrow after my show I'll have time to soap. I still need to do the November soap of the month, plus three custom orders. I want to play more with shampoo bar recipes. I'd like to get two or three more soaps made before I close the soap lab for the year. (I'm tired, so tired. It's time to start regrouping for 2019.)

Yesterday I played with Whipped Shea, wow it had been years since I did that. Made a few for my last local free tiny market, 4 Lavender (2 each of 1oz and 2oz), 4 another scent I call Charmed.
A little left over for me to put on people that want to try and smell the scent.... yes I have little wooden stirrers and will be putting it on people myself..

Today I did 5 batches because I was in a good mood and No distractions! Yeah love that.
Also made an oil order to pick up next week.
Transferred some PKO into a pail from a box and what was left I divided up into pails for batches. Later I will fill those pails with the rest of the oils so I will have 9 batches ready to go when I have time to make more.

way to go @Lin19687 - no distractions is hard to come by :D
welcome home @cmzaha !! anything special on your agenda?
the neighborhood is doing a little holiday shopping event in december, i'm gonna give it a go! see if its fun or if i end up choking snooty ladies :D
so i've got a number of ducks to line up, busy little bee

also looking into building some different drying racks like these- better utilize some space https://www.soapmakingforum.com/threads/my-ultra-roomy-drying-rack.33304/

Got my WSP order including a gallon of castor oil!! Yay for bubbles :) Currently trying to decide whether I ought to buy some CO in bulk or if I should try out some PKO...anyone have any insight from personal experience?? I'll probably do some research this evening.

I also bought myself oils and butters in bulk, gearing up for my 4th batch ever hehe. . I was nicely surprised to find that Avocado oil, Grapeseed oil and Rice Bran oil are not very costly here where I live, where local Coconut and Palm oil are dirt cheap to begin with lol

Just sat down from a 14 hr soaping day including cleanup. I did manage to get 10 batches made. Asian Sandalwood, Santa's Pipe, Tobacco Leaf and Amber (2 batches), Nagy Dragon, Orchid & Amber, Sugared Spruce, Cedar Sage and Blackberry and Autumn Leaves. I am getting to old for this...exhausted.gif

Got my WSP order including a gallon of castor oil!! Yay for bubbles :) Currently trying to decide whether I ought to buy some CO in bulk or if I should try out some PKO...anyone have any insight from personal experience?? I'll probably do some research this evening.
I like to split CO and PKO. I find PKO to be a little more gentle

Just sat down from a 14 hr soaping day including cleanup. I did manage to get 10 batches made. Asian Sandalwood, Santa's Pipe, Tobacco Leaf and Amber (2 batches), Nagy Dragon, Orchid & Amber, Sugared Spruce, Cedar Sage and Blackberry

Wowza! Carolyn, you have been busy!

Cut soaps this morning and I just knew I screwed a batch last night, up big time. Yep, going in the trash and I have only thrown two batches away since I started soaping. Sadly the colors turned out exactly how I wanted. That is what I get for talking bad about Santa's Pipe, 4 oz fo going in the trash can. Do not ask, it cannot be saved :(:hairpulling::nonono:

Latest posts

Back