What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
finally got to make soap! a small pt batch is currently in the mold. looks ok, the mold is a bit hot to the touch, hope it won't overheat or make any funky cracks. 3:04AM, still contemplating whether i should make another batch tonight.. hmmm, think i'll go to bed. have too many ideas in my head that i don't know how to put them into action. i think i better sleep it off for the night. usually, if my mind is too full of ideas, the end result is a disaster..

I am working on a cucumber seaweed soap today with tea tree and lime. Lauric is a 4 myristic 2 should and superfat 7. With Palm, lard, olive, castor, coconut, kokum butter and avocado oils. The lard is infused with rosemary. Might be an interesting soapie

Last edited:
It's a busy soap day for me.

I washed the tops of my last batch of soap to get rid of the soda ash. It should be ready to use in about a week.

I plan to make more soap later this evening.

And I started moving my soap stuff into the Soap Lair, also known as the laundry room.

Made my first pine tar. Looks like brownies. Because so many have problems with cleanup oiled all my tools. Clean up was easy. Seems to be getting steadily harder. Smell isn't bad but my smeller isn't sensitive.

It's a busy soap day for me.

I washed the tops of my last batch of soap to get rid of the soda ash. It should be ready to use in about a week.

I plan to make more soap later this evening.

And I started moving my soap stuff into the Soap Lair, also known as the laundry room.

Ah, the laundry room must double as your Man Cave :lolno:

I've got a batch of snow soap in the oven wrapped up (oven is off) and am now onto a beer soap. The blizzard is raging out there, we'll see if I keep power tonight. The beer soap, if it gets all the way made, will go out into the snow to stay cold :)

Concocted batch of CP using Ocean Rain FO from WSP. Major acceleration!! Glopped into mold and swirled with spoon. Put it to bed......will see what's what tomorrow.
Trimmed batch of Mango-Papaya.
Lurked on Soaping101 Study hall on FB.

Also waiting to unmold three different soaps and a few samples. I sniff them hourly and am contemplating staying up and making more tonight. I probably shouldn't because I have things I need to get done but its calling to me... I will try....to...resist....

Worked on a body butter. Cocoa butter came yesterday and added a little. 5 days of body butter on my hands and they look better than they have in years. Years of commercial lotions seem to be more drying than moisturizing.

Soap I made last week STILL isn't ready to unmold. I'm about ready to toss it into the freezer for a day and unmold then.

And I emptied a tissue box today, so I made that into a loaf mold. It measures roughly similar to the WSP/Crafter's Choice loaf mold, at least on paper. Heh. Given the size of the batches I make, it'll be more like a slab mold sometimes. Oh well, we'll see. lol

Hi I'm new here. I am packing some baby duckie soaps that I did for a baby shower to mail them off today. I have a soap loaf that's curing but should be able to pop it out in a couple of hours. I also cubed up about 3 bars for free samples and will take them to the local pharmacy where I sell my soaps. :)

made my 1st ombre soap yesterday and i think i cut it too soon! grrrr!! it's full of ddm, yikes!

tonight, i'm supposed to do a few samples for a lady who's having a bday on april and want party favors.

Let's see.... today so far I've cleaned a dishwasher full of soap utensils and molds. My technique is I rinse everything really well in very hot water, add around 1/2 the detergent I would normally and a scoop of citric acid. With my hard water + old dishwasher it's the best way to get all of the dusty soap residue off.

I then checked on a soap I made yesterday, but it def. needs more time before cutting. I'm so impatient!

Later I planned on: starting the process of switching my eyeshadow recipes from scoops to grams, making a whipped body butter test recipe, and making a 1 lb new soap recipe. I've been feeling pretty down lately; the last 3 soap batches I made failed. Two were lye-heavy and one was a liquid soap that never reached trace. I finally figured out it was my scale and I replaced it, but ouch! what an expensive mistake. I've made a least a hundred batches, and only 1 of those was a total loss until now. Bummed still.

Last edited:
this fo is very weird. it's a fast mover, up to the point where the soap hardened so fast i was able to unmold in just 1 hour? Kitten Love? lol

Latest posts

Back