What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_3579.JPG
Well, finished my soap shack (for the most part minus curtains and whatnot ) :) currently sharing with the pantry but it works and has a lot of light. Waiting for my chair to arrive so that I can work at the table on longer projects. I'm beyond thrilled about the height adjustable table so that I can finally soap at my height and not the tall person kitchen counters I have:) my shoulders and elbows are thanking me lol. I'll finally get to soap this weekend

Ok, I got all the pots washed from last soaping day, cut some dividers for a mold. Then went to drop off eggs to someone and sat chatting for 3 hours ! :eek: I loved it, I have no friends... need more friends

I've spent the last hour or so (lost track of time, tbh) creating an inventory sheet of everything that's coming to Sunday's market, as well as making a to do list of items that need wrapping and labelling, checking to see if everything is correct in Square, and more. I think I'll even have time tomorrow and Saturday to make a few more bubble scoops and maybe a test batch of bath bombs, just to see if they'll sell.

In doing the inventory, I now also know which soaps I need to make more of. The two glaring ones kind of surprised me (though I'm not sure why).

Just finished getting pretty much everything together for this weekends show. A little perplexed when I opened my cash box and my card reader and card swipers are all missing. Thank goodness I had an extra swiper or I’d be up a creek without a paddle. I’ve looked everywhere for my reader. I always keep it in my cash box.

Just finished getting pretty much everything together for this weekends show. A little perplexed when I opened my cash box and my card reader and card swipers are all missing. Thank goodness I had an extra swiper or I’d be up a creek without a paddle. I’ve looked everywhere for my reader. I always keep it in my cash box.
That sounds like something I would do. Mine lives in my cash box, too. I hope you find them.

4 batches while listening to Pandora (80's and today's country)
Lavender Sage - needed more since I am almost out
Pink Orchid & Amber
Fallen leaves- not like leaves so I added a bit of mintiness = will see how it turns out
Sugar&Spice with some Peace (like nutmeg from NG)

Just took out of the mold and will cut tonight after 7pm, I hope

Do you carry a bag/purse to the shows? Maybe it is in there. I keep cash in my pocket and extra cash (in a baggie) in the bag with drinks etc. My reader is kept in the baggie the money is in.

I hate when that happens! I've been in a hurry to pack stuff up and sometimes make the mistake of not putting an important item in it's accustomed home, thinking 'I'll remember where I put this and put it away later (tonight or whenever)' then don't. So not good. Drives me nuts searching later.

I used corn silk in soap for the first time. One of my husband's co-workers gave him a couple of ears of 'sweet' corn a couple of weeks ago and I thought, 'now is the perfect time to use corn silk in soap'. Well, I sure hope the soap comes out better than those horribly un-sweet 'sweet' corns were. It was the worst fresh corn I've ever eaten. I think maybe their was some cross pollination with feed corn somewhere along the way, as they were just terrible.

Anyway, I dried the corn silk and put it in a baggy to bring along on this trip so I could use it in the lye solution same as silk. I don't know what to expect, but I wonder if it had anything to do with thickening my batter more than expected.

I made pumpkin soap, with a lavender cedar wood FO. Colored it orange, but it looks more pinkish than orange. I’ll use a bit more color next time and try to darken the next batch. Ordered a few Christmas scents and a cute star mold to start Christmas soap soon. I send soap overseas for the holidays so I have to start early to give plenty of time for curing and shipping. Love this time of year.

I forgot to mention that I bought a 54 ounce container of CO for under $10 last night. The price was so good, I couldn't pass it up. The Grocery Outlet store is chalk full of fabulous bargains. It's one of the few places in this Northern California town where my son lives that allows for affordable cost of living for the many poor folk who live here. Most everything else is way over-priced for the high percentage of folks living on limited incomes. Even the Goodwill in this town is horrendously overpriced. I tell my son what the average Goodwill charges for things and he is amazed I find such bargains.

Thought maybe I'd make some salt soap while here if I get tired of the Dancing Funnel. I gathered some salt from the Utah Salt Flats a few days back, specifically to add to soap. Thought it would be a fun experiment. I may stop and get some more on my way back home.

Omg!! You make them look so beautiful! I have just started, literally 2 weeks ago. Only practising designs on melt&pour soap for now, want to start CP at some point...
IMG_3397.jpg
made this box today as a gift for my parents wedding next week.
IMG_3378.jpg

How does this look? Too much glitter :-( spent all today morning on it

C2E5BE74-2F38-44BF-8AE6-9B0D08D026BC.jpg
yesterday.. ground coffee with shea butter & oatmeal , will be ok as a scrub .

Pls give some feedback... if they look ok?

I whipped up a batch of pink-purple soap with a gold mica line about 1/3 of the way from the bottom. Waiting on it to set up so I can texture the top with a mica drizzle!

Side note, does anyone know if the lines that appear from the pearl mica will stay after saponification? If they do I'm sure it'll make for an interesting look lol

Latest posts

Back