What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ginger Carrot Puree, Shea, jojoba, honey, Cellery Seed EO, palm Coconut Pomace. silk cocoons
received_10160297715485524.jpeg
received_10160297728995524.jpeg

a friend made a 4-foot mold for me, he went a bit overkill with the partitions (every 2 inches) used it for the first time today to make to soaps,, will use the other end tomorrow for another soap.

moringa powder base lemon poppyseed annatto titanium swirl soap with calendula sprinkle on the left and Oatmeal balsam of tolu and bitter almond on the le right with empress milk oolong sprinkle on the right
Love those partitions!!! Great for experimenting :)

I'm home so I finally get to post my last few batches!

lavender soap.jpeg
Lavender EO Soap. I used Cambrian blue clay for the colorant. I'm still playing around with how this soap should look.
bee cove soap.jpeg
I call it Bee Cave! Bottom fifth has calendula flowers. It has mesquite honey and the EO blend is chamomile, bitter orange, sweet orange, petitgrain, and white grapefruit.
patchouli soap.jpeg

Straight patchouli soap with spin swirl. Colors are various shades made from cocoa powder, charcoal, and pink clay.

Up next: EO blending. Trying to work out a Cedarwood/Sage, Jasmine, Rosewood Mix; and something with Armoise mugwort.

Mailing soap today. Delivering soap to the spa tonight. The spa business is keeping me hopping - she can't keep bubble scoops in stock, and I bring about 20 bars a week to keep her soap stocked. Playing email tag with a summer market, they seem to keep changing organizers. One more email and I'm done with them. I did a soap on the fly last night - I wasn't going to make any soap this week, but I was in the lab cleaning up bars for labeling and looking at my to do list... and batch number 5 on the list started yelling at me "Make me! Make me!" Twenty minutes later I had an Energy fragranced tri-colored drop swirl in the mold. Looking forward to cutting it tonight. If it turns out decent, I'll post pics. Oh, and then this morning I was looking at my cure log and I have a bunch of soaps coming off the cure this weekend, so I'll have to some oil masterbatching tomorrow night and try to work soapmaking into my schedule this weekend. (Somewhere between cleaning house, working on the hutch, baking birthday cupcakes for the youngest stepson, getting Sunday Service organized for Confirmation kids, and having family over for a birthday party... on second thought, maybe I'll just hide in the lab all weekend...)

I cut the energy fragranced soap last night. These are possibly the best drop swirls I have ever done. Not sure which one of the soap gods was in the lab that night, but if he wants to hangout for awhile I'm cool with that! I posted the pic on FB and pre-sold all but 2 bars! I have to order more FO because this was one I was hoping to take to summer shows.
IMG_20180502_212637_762.jpeg

I cut the energy fragranced soap last night. These are possibly the best drop swirls I have ever done. Not sure which one of the soap gods was in the lab that night, but if he wants to hangout for awhile I'm cool with that! I posted the pic on FB and pre-sold all but 2 bars! I have to order more FO because this was one I was hoping to take to summer shows.View attachment 30200
Wow, those look amazing.

I attempted a butterfly swirl today with a silicone mold and a plastic placemat I cut into pieces to try and create dividers. Well the dividers moved so the bottom will be whiter than it was suppose to, a few dribbles as well. For a first time I will take it. When I was done I was questioning weather I used the chopstick right to the bottom. This was a learning experience, and I am tired! Tomorrow will be something simple if I soap.
IMG_1532.jpg

I attempted a butterfly swirl today with a silicone mold and a plastic placemat I cut into pieces to try and create dividers. Well the dividers moved so the bottom will be whiter than it was suppose to, a few dribbles as well. For a first time I will take it. When I was done I was questioning weather I used the chopstick right to the bottom. This was a learning experience, and I am tired! Tomorrow will be something simple if I soap.
View attachment 30218
The top is beautiful. You might really like how it turns out.

I cleaned 200 and eleventy million soap utensils, pots, pans and bowls. I may have fudged the numbers there. I think there was more. Felt like it anyway :mad:. Cleaning up because the Mother-In-Law is coming to stay. She will be doing her not so subtle inspection. Kill. Me. Now.
Good Luck my dear - may the soaping force be with you;)

Battled with yet another "pink" soap - using just Rose Clay, lately they turned out either too dark or just plain beige. Any suggestions for a beautiful pale pink in CP would be much appreciated. It's for a baby girl shower.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back pain left me immobilized for most of several days this past week, so the salt bars I made last week will probably be all that gets done this month. Unfortunately no entry for the challenge because I just could not stay upright long enough to make soap. I was hoping to get to it before leaving for Hawaii, but it just wasn't in the cards.

I am off on a roadtrip to Vegas, and from there Hubby & I fly to Hawaii. After our return to Vegas, I will be roadtrippng out to Texas to be with granddaughter again. I am not bringing anything soap related other than finished soap to use on the trip.

Here's hoping my back can handle the next 1800 miles without difficulties. It's still slightly sore, but much improved.

Latest posts

Back