What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@SunRiseArts and all that moving was from 2008 to 2011 o_O
Which Coconut did you use (seller) ? I am waiting for one that I did the other day in a Salt bar but not sure if it is giving me it's final scent yet.

I am hoping to do 3 batches of soap today :cool:

Alright here’s a picture, after the pictures above I don’t think it’s from cutting...ugh wrong forum

Last edited:
Finished reading IL's liquid soap threads. I believe they were the gls and cocoa/shea threads, but my head is so spinny... I'm not sure WHAT I read... This was just the first of multiple reads for me to I wrap my brain around this. I should just stop at the first post, but there's so much interesting "why" stuff and then wading through the posts to get to the interesting bits, and then my brain shuts down from overload. I'm determined to make a successful liquid soap (I've tried twice and not been satisfied.) so I am forcing myself to have a bit of patience. That's my soapy thing today (actually it took me 6 days).

I think I screwed up a salt batch. 3 done, 1st one still not solid enough to cut. Made it at 12:00 o_O
2nd one cut, 3rd just put in mold.

I've had a idea for a soap for a while now and I think I've finally come up with a recipe I'll love. It looks good on soapcalc, I just have to get the supplies and make a test batch. I even made a list of all the scents I'd like to make with it if it turns out like I hope.

Sent from my Z828 using Soap Making mobile app

a friend made a 4-foot mold for me, he went a bit overkill with the partitions (every 2 inches) used it for the first time today to make to soaps,, will use the other end tomorrow for another soap.

moringa powder base lemon poppyseed annatto titanium swirl soap with calendula sprinkle on the left and Oatmeal balsam of tolu and bitter almond on the le right with empress milk oolong sprinkle on the right

Attachments

• 31059660_10160261176910524_4644074341036720128_n (1).jpg
    31059660_10160261176910524_4644074341036720128_n (1).jpg
    60 KB · Views: 29
Wardbond, your new mold looks pretty cool, really. How many bars of soap does it make? It looks like your friend really got into that project!

So the last few days, I opened a couple of packages: (salt bars for my granddaugher, some fragrance sniffing samplers - thank you, dibbles!), recorded video of handwashing tests on 4 soaps I made last December, designed & test printed some labels for soap using avery.com.

Getting the right focal point for handwashing videotaping took way more time than expected, and my fingers became quite prune-like by the time I was satisfied.
Getting the labels to print correctly wasn't too hard, but that took more time than I want to spend on one batch of soap. Hope the learning curve is over and done with for the next one I do. We shall see.

I was supposed to see if I could find a convenient place to stay overnight in Chicago later this week, but I totally forgot to do that, so that's on my agenda today. We plan to take the train out for the day, since we haven't done it for awhile.

Ohh Love that mold ! How do you wrap that, or do you not gel.... you have to gel as there is no way that would fit in a fridge or freezer !! :rolling:

NO soapy stuff for me today, I have chicken chores that NEED to be done.

a friend made a 4-foot mold for me, he went a bit overkill with the partitions (every 2 inches) used it for the first time today to make to soaps,, will use the other end tomorrow for another soap.

moringa powder base lemon poppyseed annatto titanium swirl soap with calendula sprinkle on the left and Oatmeal balsam of tolu and bitter almond on the le right with empress milk oolong sprinkle on the right

That mold looks amazing! I gave one of our friends a blueprint for a mold once; he said he'd be happy to make me a couple... what a disaster! He has no idea how to read a blueprint. What was supposed to be the outer measurement, he read as the inside measurement. The wood he used is 1" thick and is nothing more than a heavy wooden box. If I'd had the tools, I would have done it myself, with much better results. However, what he made is great for insulating my 32 oz. mold.

Oh today I made two batches of HP soap. One was a floral blend with a hint of baby powder and hemp seed and oatmeal. I was thinking about Mothers Day... The other batch was a charcoal, hemp seed and oatmeal with an FO that completely faded :( Oh well! Win some, lose some.

I am waiting for my second batch ever to harden...going on 48 hours. I can see how addicting this could be though.

when you wash stuff, don;t you just do it right away or is it better to wait?

I wait till the batter hardens 2 days if I have space... I put it in a little tub outta the way. then it just washes away like regular soap. the same-day batter is so slimy it sticks to everything and even after rinsing forever, the equipment still seems too slick.

Wardbond, your new mold looks pretty cool, really. How many bars of soap does it make? It looks like your friend really got into that project!

So the last few days, I opened a couple of packages: (salt bars for my granddaughter, some fragrance sniffing samplers - thank you, dibbles!), recorded video of handwashing tests on 4 soaps I made last December, designed & test printed some labels for soap using avery.com.

Getting the right focal point for handwashing videotaping took way more time than expected, and my fingers became quite prune-like by the time I was satisfied.
Getting the labels to print correctly wasn't too hard, but that took more time than I want to spend on one batch of soap. Hope the learning curve is over and done with for the next one I do. We shall see.

I was supposed to see if I could find a convenient place to stay overnight in Chicago later this week, but I totally forgot to do that, so that's on my agenda today. We plan to take the train out for the day, since we haven't done it for awhile.

thanks, Earlene I was very xd when I saw it.. it was a reveal for sure. I bought some liquid rubber silicone and foam core to make my own linings for my fav sizes
the internal mold dimensions are 31.5" x 4" x 2.5" If I multiply by .4 to get oils into soapcalc.net = Soap weight before CP cure or HP cook 12.127 lbs. I can also have 3-4 soaps on the go at the same time... I can also cover with another piece of wood and use a heating pad if I need to. it isn't pretty but it sure is versatile.. and the plywood was thinner as it came from a gleaned wood pallet.. so a bit lighter...

thanks, Earlene I was very xd when I saw it.. it was a reveal for sure. I bought some liquid rubber silicone and foam core to make my own linings for my fav sizes
the internal mold dimensions are 31.5" x 4" x 2.5" If I multiply by .4 to get oils into soapcalc.net = Soap weight before CP cure or HP cook 12.127 lbs. I can also have 3-4 soaps on the go at the same time... I can also cover with another piece of wood and use a heating pad if I need to. it isn't pretty but it sure is versatile.. and the plywood was thinner as it came from a gleaned wood pallet.. so a bit lighter...

Who cares if it's pretty, its amazing to have so many options. I would love to just have a section of the mold and be able to adjust the batch size. I have just 2 molds now but thinking about trying to make one.. not that big though. The soaps you have in them currently look cool too :)

Latest posts

Back