What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I caught my CP soap last night trying to Sneak out so I grounded her but let her look out the window (full Gel so I unwrapped it) :D
Got her all cut this morning...... really need to have coffee before I do that again.

After Coffee settles in and sciatica calms down I plan on doing a few batches of Swirls.

Last weekend: Stuck in a blizzard, so I watched Season 2 of A Series of Unfortunate Events with my daughter. Made 3 batches of bubble scoops. Chris had bought me a new mask to wear when I make those and it worked superbly! So superbly that Chris shut my door because he was in the other room and couldn't breathe... and I didn't notice a thing! Packaged three different soaps, made more lip balms, and did photo shoot updates on some items. I have both an Etsy and Square store, so I worked on getting those two synced together. I still don't have it right because I have duplicate items on the Square App, so it looks like I will be doing some more messing around with that. [Etsy rant: they made the integration very easy and straightforward for people who haven't used Square before. Not so much for people who already use Square. I could never use the Etsy 'sell in person' option because 100% of the time it wouldn't accept the venue. On the plus side this will help me keep up to date on the inventory counts for Etsy... once I figure it all out.] I finished up my newsletter and got that sent out.

I now have some space on the cure rack, so hopefully on Saturday (my first available free time) I will take a stab at the soap challenge. I am hosting the May challenge, so I will be working out those details on Sunday so that I will be ready when May hits. Today I am going to try to catch up on forum reading in between work lags.

20180417_133937[1].jpg

Above Salt, color is suppose to be Coffee, hope it changes.
Bottom is plain CP with a Blop swirl lol
I did another Salt but the "Magic Purple" turned out to be a magically NOTHING color as in it is regular soap color. :mad: so no pic
20180417_100625[1].jpg

Nothing, absolutely nothing soap related. NO, that's not true!

I told my husband I want to do a renovation that includes putting a sort of a kitchenette into the upstairs bedroom that would make having a soapmaking studio upstairs more feasible. He jumped right on board and together we worked out a plan, took measurements, evaluated what is needed and how we can get it all done!

Then we went 'shopping' (more like window shopping, really) and spend spent several hours browsing home improvement stores. Taking lots of notes on prices and whatnot.

Last edited:
Cut 3 batches this morning.Left ->Right Apple Pie, Irish Mocha, Cucumber Melon.
All got a bit too hot before I unwrapped last night but so far so good. The Cucumber was suppose to have 2 greens but it looks like it all just blended and not much of a pot swirl.
And now that I know the Trick/Tip to clean up, this was such a nice pace to soap at !
20180418_080454[1].jpg

Derpina you are too funny, and your avatar kitty is just too cute!

I am taking a break from soaping. A forced one, as we are moving and I have topick up. Sometimes I feel like leaving EVERYTHING behind.

NO, don't leave it behind. I moved a 50# pail of Lye, 2 boxes of FO's, 4 boxes of other soaping stuff ... hate to admit it.. from MA to TX, to another house in TX back to MA then to another house in MA ..... Finally tossed out or doanted all the crap that was either no good or I just was not going to use.
Finally got around to soaping again, 12 years later :)
Do you mean my kitty? it's funny and SOOO ME !

BTW, if anyone is looking for the Wire shelves like I have in the pic, they are at Costco, $79 (in store) for 6 shelves, 18 deep, 48 wide and 72 (?) tall Great price ! Heavy, but great price and it has wheels !

I haven't done my soapy thing yet but since I have the house to myself, the plan is to research butters & formulate a new soap recipe (without interruption) that I've been thinking about after I do the dishes.

Sent from my Z828 using Soap Making mobile app

I I just got done making my first loaf ever of borax soap and I wish I could remember who said it but I am borrowing a line from somebody else on this forum when I say I had to beat the soap into submission. I forgot to Discount the water that I mixed with the borax. Needless to say I also had to cook the soap into submission. It will be interesting to see how it turns out.

I am waiting for my second batch ever to harden...going on 48 hours. I can see how addicting this could be though.

when you wash stuff, don;t you just do it right away or is it better to wait?
I do hot process so most of whats left on my crock pot and utensils is soap. Super easy to clean.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, my borax soap. I'm a bit confused by the color because it was pine green when I molded it. It will sit overnight and ill cut it in the morning. My soapy project/experiment of the day.

Attachments

• 20180418_223722.jpg
    20180418_223722.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 20
I made a trial sample of a mega bubbles shower gel for a friend who clearly has bubble mania! She certainly challenges me.
and did the dishes...yay me! :D

see this why it's dangerous for me to read here. I have made liquid soap but I have never made shower gel so now I have to go out and research and try to make it. For the sole purpose of just seeing if I can.
Ps.. can I borrow your friend I've got some soapy dishes needing some attention LOL

NO, don't leave it behind. I moved a 50# pail of Lye, 2 boxes of FO's, 4 boxes of other soaping stuff ... hate to admit it.. from MA to TX, to another house in TX back to MA then to another house in MA ..... Finally tossed out or doanted all the crap that was either no good or I just was not going to use.
Finally got around to soaping again, 12 years later :)
Do you mean my kitty? it's funny and SOOO ME !

BTW, if anyone is looking for the Wire shelves like I have in the pic, they are at Costco, $79 (in store) for 6 shelves, 18 deep, 48 wide and 72 (?) tall Great price ! Heavy, but great price and it has wheels !

OMGosh! I hate moving. Used to think nothing about it. But now that I am old, is a hassle. There is no way I am leaving my craft stuff behind. No way.

Is my husband's wishful thinking!

All this talk about coconut. I had some lye left behind my box, so I made coconut soap. No colors, or designs, but smells amazing!

Latest posts

Back