What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For about one day, then you have to start prepping stock for Valentine's. :mrgreen:

I wish! LOL Update: Got an order today for 2 more batches of Goat Milk Lotion. Luckily I can put it off until next week and go back to eating bon bons and catching butterflies for the rest of this week. :mrgreen:

Trying out lye masterbatching. I hope this works out. I’ve got a covered container of lye cooling down—I’ll be transferring it to a #2 plastic jug after it cools. The jugs and container have tons of poison markings on them too! Tomorrow I just have to re-weigh it and add back water to get it to 50%.

Ordered a loaf splitter from Bud Haffner and some more EOs. At this rate, I'm going to need another storage case for all the EOs soon.

Not soapy, but I'm printing out a few dozen infinity cube fidget toys in a variety of colors, for the preschool class my nephew is in. Took one with me the other day when I went to pick up the spawnlings after school and every kid who saw it was like "can I have one?" So I talked to the pre-K teacher about making some for the class and she said "Sure!" Thankfully, it's a very small school. There are all of 30 kids in pre-K.

I'm going to need another storage case for all the EOs soon.
Space-Saver Idea: I have a 4-shelf (plastic-coated wire) spice rack mounted at "eye level" on the laundry room wall. Each shelf is 4.5" deep, 17" wide and there's enough head room between shelves to hold a 16 oz bottle.

The shelves are deep enough to double up on smaller bottles. (I really need to add another one... the overflow is taking up too much space in the cabinet next to that shelf!!!) I have blends on the top shelf and singles below that... in alphabetical order to make it easy to find what I need.

The heating/cooling vent is closed so the laundry room stays around 68°F year round and we keep the door closed so no light gets in there.

Just a thought...

Space-Saver Idea: I have a 4-shelf (plastic-coated wire) spice rack mounted at "eye level" on the laundry room wall. Each shelf is 4.5" deep, 17" wide and there's enough head room between shelves to hold a 16 oz bottle.

The shelves are deep enough to double up on smaller bottles. (I really need to add another one... the overflow is taking up too much space in the cabinet next to that shelf!!!) I have blends on the top shelf and singles below that... in alphabetical order to make it easy to find what I need.

The heating/cooling vent is closed so the laundry room stays around 68°F year round and we keep the door closed so no light gets in there.

Just a thought...

Don't have a proper laundry room, otherwise I'd probably already have shelves up in it. It's a great idea, though.

Got my Christmas soaps stamped! Went with a gingerbread theme this year.
tumblr_p09667AKPe1rcpo9po1_540.jpg

IMG_1604.jpg

Pumpkin soap today! My order of BCN’s vanilla stabilizer came in, and with it a tester of pumpkin cheesecake fragrance. I guess the world is telling me to go ahead, so I made pumpkin soap with pumpkin purée and that fragrance. Hoping it’ll be ready for unmold if tomorrow!

I've been trying to expand my comfort zone and be more adventurous in my recipes, so made the following batches of soaps:

#1 Moisturizing charcoal bar; "Black Beauty"
#2 Bar incorporating Beeswax, tallow, and cocoa butter; "DK01 Blue Hombre"
#3 Cucumber and Yogurt Bar "Green Balm"
#4 My soaping "helper", for whom I've had to buy a baby gate to lock him out of the kitchen with when I'm soaping!

IMG_3809.jpg

IMG_3813.jpg

IMG_3812.jpg

IMG_3810.jpg

Browsing for soap pics I found a page on Pinterest where the writer tells you to buy cheap dial soap and wrap it in brown paper on which you've printed a fake soap ompany name and fake ingredients then wrap some around it.

All this to cheaply decorate your bathroom!
Whatever next!
I'd be so embarrassed if someone desperate for soap caught me out in such a lie!

People are weird!

Last night I beveled some soap I made early last month while still in California. This reminded me how much I really like the tools at home for cutting, planing and beveling soap. These bars are so uneven! I am in Florida now, and won't be making soap at home again for at least two weeks. But since we are here with a full kitchen in our unit, I do plan to make soap again and try to cut better the next time.

Looked at some soap pictures and a video to refresh my memory on the dancing swirl. I think that's the one I will do with my next soap. We are here for another 5 days, and although I have been very sick with excessive coughing, I think I am on the mend enough that I can make soap in the next couple of days. I may have to wear a face mask to keep my coughing off the soap. We shall see.

Latest posts

Back