What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don know why everytime I try to add an attachment, the post goes haywire ...

Kittish I wish I could smell, test your soap!

Soapapprentice, looks good enough to eat!

I stamped my cocoa soap. As I suspected, it turned brown. Hopefully it will not go more brown than that. It smells soooooo good.

20170920_182946_Burst01_resized.jpg

I did a few new-to-me things. I used powdered buttermilk. I mixed my colors with glycerine instead of oil. I thought about adding oatmeal for the first time, but decided to save that one for later. I lean towards a light background with a dark swirl, but this time, I saved out some uncolored batter and tinted the rest, so i'll have a light swirl. I know, I know... I'm out of control! I did save my first oatmeal experiment for another time.

My husband found a gemstone silicone mold for me at Menard's. A random "I saw this and thought of you" gift, but funny because he bought it the day before BB's gemstone fragrances arrived!

I got a 3-d printer today. Very nearly the first thing I'm going to make is a soap stamp that I've already got the design worked out for. I have to wait for the stand for it though before I can get it set up and start printing. That will be delivered some time next week. :neutral:

My husband found a gemstone silicone mold for me at Menard's. A random "I saw this and thought of you" gift, but funny because he bought it the day before BB's gemstone fragrances arrived!

Awww! How sweet of him!

Finally cut the last of my Halloween soaps. I accidentally used regular mp instead of low-sweat, so they're a little nervous looking. Oh well.

0115d8cf, pictures please!

Soap addict. So cute. I have a couple of similar one, but I been looking specifically for that heart one. Where did you get it, if you can share?

Made this batch back in May this year.

This is the scented version (original pic was of the unscented one).

Viscosity test ... still very gel like. Produces a lot of bubbles. Exposed to the air for 4 months (stress test comparison), stayed viscous but formed a slight crystalline layer on the surface (visual, not textural - cannot feel it when washing). This last spoonful dropped and re-scooped 3 times before photo taken.

It does "cream" when rubbed on the hands, so it goes from translucent to creamed honey with friction. Still trying out different oil amounts, so I'm not confident to post a recipe yet.

Anyway, this is what I've been playing with (first photo when I made it in May, second photo [on huge old spoon, poured onto plain A4 pinter paper] 4 months later)...

Gel%20on%20spoon.jpg

Soap 23 September 2017.png

Sorry, I don't get it. What are you making, please?

Made this batch back in May this year.

Viscosity test ... still very gel like. Produces a lot of bubbles. Exposed to the air for 4 months (stress test comparison), stayed viscous but formed a slight crystalline layer on the surface (visual, not textural - cannot feel it when washing). This last spoonful dropped and re-scooped 3 times before photo take.

Sorry, I don't get it. What are you making, please?

Looks like paste for liquid soap. Or that they've left and are using just as paste.

I got some KOH. I'm going to try out Songwind's shaving soap. May add just a little NaOH to make a slightly harder bar/puck since the people using it are mostly going to be female. I've got the thread bookmarked and will read through it again before I decide on my final recipe. I'll probably also make a batch of paste for liquid soap, just for the heck of it since I'll have the KOH on hand.

Made three batches- plain, apple cider, and pumpkin spice. Intended to do the first two my normal HP and then do the pumpkin cp so I didn't have to wait for another cycle (only have 2 big crockpots).

Well, it had other ideas. :evil:

Got it in the molds, nice looking, not as pumpkiny colored as I wanted but it'll work...hrm, why can't I get this top flat? Wait, is it growing?!??!?! :shark:

ARG!!! Volcano alert!

So my nice easy CP after an hour of HP'ing turned into a "quick, scrape enough of the the molds into the nearest crockpot to stop overflow". Luckily I hadn't done anything with the crockpot yet. Didn't even have to turn it on, the soap went to gel stage allllll by itself. Sigh. Plopped it back into the molds and I'm DONE.

Lesson learned: Trust *nothing* with the word "spice" in the name. :-? Oh, and don't leave the newly poured soap alone for at least 15 minutes!:bunny:

Today I mixed another set of the Serenity EO blend. Going to do another soap scented with it, and featuring pretty heavily the firefly mica. Hopefully this one will turn out nice enough to actually share. And... when I mixed the fragrance, I also made up half a dozen sample vials at 10% dilution that I'm willing to share with folks. PM me and we can work out details.

Those soap dough shapes are incredibly cute.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back