What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Soapy heart
I think your last soap on 5018 is one of the nicest confetti soaps I've seen. I like the idea of a sand substitute with fine grained confetti too. I am thinking of making a green soap just so I can confetti it!

That is so sweet of you to say, thank you : )

Oh yes, do try it, it gives a different effect than the coarser confetti, so could be fun to play with different effects, layers, colors etc.

And green is my favourite color, especially emerald green. If you try this please post pictures if you can, love to see what you come up with : )

That is so sweet of you to say, thank you : )

Oh yes, do try it, it gives a different effect than the coarser confetti, so could be fun to play with different effects, layers, colors etc.

And green is my favourite color, especially emerald green. If you try this please post pictures if you can, love to see what you come up with : )

The one of yours I really like is the coarse green confetti in the soap with the pink top. Lovely.

I recently confetti'd a pink soap in white batter and it looks awful. I think I will have to do what Earlene did and confetti it again in a dark base! Confetti piling up like snow here!

Last edited:
Our 4th grade gave an "apple" to the student teacher: BB's macintosh apple fo, colored with Nurture's new red mica. They were on a field trip yesterday and dd admired a sparkly rock at the visitor's center but no purchases were allowed. The teacher snuck back in an bought it for her so dd made her a gift bag.

The one of yours I really like is the coarse green confetti in the soap with the pink top. Lovely.

I recently confetti'd a pink soap in white batter and it looks awful. I think I will have to do what Earlene did and confetti it again in a dark base! Confetti piling up like snow here!

Oh, ok, I got it backwards! It is actually one of my favourites too. I think it is because of the pinky/red with green, and the blue on top.

And the smell is sooooo good! I used 5 fold orange oil, and mixed that in with a tiny bit of Nurtures apricot fragrance. Strange thing is that the 5 fold really comes through big time, while the apricot lingers in the background. It is at least 5 months old (don`t have the notes here) and judging by everyone elses experience with the 5-fold I am wondering when it will fade. So far so good.

Actually when I was cleaning today, I took a big piece out of that batch and put on my soapdish. Have used it several times now. So gratifying : )

Our 4th grade gave an "apple" to the student teacher: BB's macintosh apple fo, colored with Nurture's new red mica. They were on a field trip yesterday and dd admired a sparkly rock at the visitor's center but no purchases were allowed. The teacher snuck back in an bought it for her so dd made her a gift bag.

Aaww, how sweet of you both to do that: )

No soaping for me this week I just have a keyhole surgery the other day and I really want to do some but my husband watching me like a hawk

I made a wood grain soap for Amy Wardens soap challenge. I used a fondant mat but I might try again with squeeze bottles. It's scented with BB's new fo Cedar and Amber and smells so good. I'll try and post a pic if I can

I hope this works

FB_IMG_1475494721852.jpg

I made a wood grain soap for Amy Wardens soap challenge. I used a fondant mat but I might try again with squeeze bottles. It's scented with BB's new fo Cedar and Amber and smells so good. I'll try and post a pic if I can

I hope this works

Very pretty!! I just used Cedar and Amber in a soap a few days ago while at SoapCon2016. It was in my goodie packet that I got when I signed in. So that night (Saturday) I went back to my hotel and used it for an attempt at a wood grain ribbon pour.

I love the smell of cedar and have done since I was small and my Dad's desk drawer was lined in cedar. For as long as I can remember I always associate the smell of cedar with my Dad's desk.

My wood grain did not come out as hoped, but the soap smells great. I cut it, planed & beveled it today. I intend to try again with the same colors, but hopefully without one color accelerating. I put more FO into the plain batter, and that one accelerated, but the mica-colored portions did not! So even though this FO supposedly does not accelerate, it apparently can when added in disproportionate amounts. (Most added to the plain batter, and much less in the two colored batters.)

Just spent quite a while going through old recipes and discarding many, and making notes on others for minor revision I want to make. I also got,a bunch of materials receipts filed after updating my notes on what I have on hand and purchase dates.
Now that growing season is coming to an end and we're getting cool, wet weather, I'm not spending as much time and energy in the garden and catching up on all this organizing. I'm also hoping to be able to do the spoon swirl challenge by the weekend. It's been a very long time since I've made any soap.

I made a test batch using Lard and GV shortening in the same batch. The scent blend, though, should be phenomenal. I was aiming for a spicy fragrance for Christmas, and it smells marvelous right now. I used Cinnamon Bark EO, WSP Nutty Nog, and WSP Orange Clove pretty close to 1:1:1 ratio.

I finally restocked some supplies. It's been about a month and a half, so I have all kinds of soapy ideas to try! Made carrot soap for a friend yesterday and today was my first attempt to add borax to my soap. Now, I am trying very hard to not unmold the soap too soon!

Back