What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lard/coconut/calendula-infused olive, pink grapefruit scented. Not my usual plain coconut bars! Much slower trace, much slower to harden. We'll see, I guess.

In my batch using 65 oz of oils I used 1.7 oz Gingergrass EO with 1 oz Cedarwood Himalayan. These were poured on Jun 4th and so far the scent is just getting better. Certainly strong using .65 oz per lb of oil. LOL, I just might have to purchase more Himalayan Cedarwood. Smelled like dirty socks to me out of the bottle. Gingergrass for ND has become one of my favorite EO's

I too bought both of these scents at the same time from ND. You think it might be a scent men would like? I can't wait to try this combo! Thanks!

Need to wash soap pots this morning before I do anything productive. Yesterday was a weird soapy day. I poured out NG's Black Tie in my lard recipe and seriously thought my lard was rancid- it was that gross. Nope, I just hate the fragrance. Used the exact same ingredients to pour off NG's Heaven, which was amazing. I planned a white base with blue and orange swirls. The Cellini blue morphed to the exact shade of grape purple I've been pulling my hair out to get on purpose. Go figure. Ha ha ha! If I do drag myself up to wash up, I'll probably play with my Nurture vibrance set that came yesterday. :D

last night, I was making oatmilk soap with oatmeal, but forgot the oatmeal, DOH! hate when that happened! i also failed to to mix the lye with the oatmilk, and ended up doing 50-50 swap instead. i have no idea why, but my oatmilk always got doughy when mixed with lye. frustrated!

today, i made a few jars of gm body butter. nothing interesting, just the usual.

I have just poured cp aleppo mock soap! It is the first time I have used laurel bay (laurus nobilis) oil and it looks like blended spinach - vivid green oily pulp! It was cold process and after giving a lot of thought to it I did not finally add any salt to my lye water (decided it might be a bit drying while I have wanted this soap to be most delicate), but I have used sodium lactate at 2%. My recipe was 20% laurus nobilis oil and 80% OO.

packaging an order. I really need to start printing out labels....but I don't have a printer.... LOL

I ordered $200 worth of supplies (ouch) and folded some cardboard baskets I bought for the next market and filled them with Kraft shred. I love how they look.

I contemplated making soap but didn't get around to it.

I've got Brown sugar & fig with CM in the mold, it's about to gel, fingers crossed it turns out good.
It looked a bit small in the mold, I hope I didn't forget an ingridient? My soaping skills are going a bit rusty, I haven't soaped in weeks.

I had been in a sullen mood these past few months and actually have not done ANY soapy things in the past 2 months. But yesterday after work I chopped up and rebatched a pound of old soap I had. I even colored it, which I've never fully done before.

I put cling wrap on top and stuck it in the freezer. I pray it turns out awesome like it is in my head. I would've put in the draw as usual but I keep my ac on 80 during the day and its extra hot outside.

:)

made a soap yesterday, put it in the oven to CPOP...can't say I like CPOP. this was a successful CPOP, but it still smells ammonia-ey and the swirl (did tilted tiger swirl) didn't turn out as crispy as I'm used to, so a bit of a disappointment for me.... I have to get more OO so I can do my next batch today.....no CPOP this time....don't want another CPOP disappointment. think when I move into a different climate, I'm going to get a heating blanket to get gel...

I did my 2 markets today and both were crappy. Hate working 14 hrs for the market production company... :( Yesterday I poured a batch of Lavender & fir Needle which smells divine, Lavender & Lilac (stock replacement), Peppermint & Fir Needle Salt bars and a batch of Peach. Of course if my markets keep up this way I will not need to make more soap :thumbdown:

Today I had a surprise visit from a friend, then after she left cleaned kitchen up a bit and headed out to shed to make a goatmilk honey oats .
Not at all happy with top so will probably just cut some of it off. Also wish id added more honey so the natural scent isnt going to come through like it normally does.

Kylie

i really really REALLY do not like CPOP. I cut my soaps, and my CPOP one is wet and weird (made it 2 days ago) and the green clay is no longer green...some icky brown. this is the 2nd time I've made this soap, and this one looks nothing like the first one. blah!!! I also used pomace OO this time, and I do not like working with pomace. argh!!

my rasta soap turned out great though. I'm very happy about that...except too much lemongrass and not enough patchouli... oh well.

now...I have frozen carrot juice to use up. not sure what scents to use with that yet. i'll have to decide soon.....

Latest posts

Back